Yasemin's "6 Phases" of WATER FASTING

Phase 0 - PRE-FAST MENTAL REPROGRAMMING

Phase 1: Day 1-2-3 - DETOXING YOUR BODY

12-things-happen-when-fast

Phase 2: Day 4-5 - DETOXING YOUR MIND

• Learning to give yourself PERMISSION to lose weight
  • Getting over the “hump” and entering “coasting mode” as I like to call it or “cruise-control” or “auto-pilot”
  • Practicing SELF-LOVE and telling yourself you are beautiful and doing this for your health
  • Cleansing your mind of ALL the doubt
    Self-Love Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udoxFM893U&t=154s

Water%20Fasting%20Day%204%20Self%20Love%20Thumbnail

Phase 3: Day 6-7 LEARNING ABOUT SELF-DISCIPLINE

• Fast starting to get easier as hunger diminishes!
  • You are learning that most of your hunger = mental cravings
  • Realizing that food will be there forever so you can delay eating it a bit longer
  • Mental clarity & Euphoria start to kick in, you start to notice that people are eating 24/7 :joy:

Phase 4: Day 8-9-10 BUILDING THAT MENTAL RESILIENCE

• Cooking for family & kids will be easier in this phase
  • Being around food will also be easier
  • Smelling food and enjoying the sensations and aromas of food without eating it will be amazing
  • Starting to think of some healthy recipes to break your fast here will be great
  • You might start making a list of refeed items

Phase 5: Day 11-12-13-14 CHANGING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD

• You now know that you can DELAY your gratification
  • You know that most of the time you eat is due to “gluttony” rather than true physical “hunger”
  • Your self-discipline is growing and so is the way you look at food!

Phase 6: DAY 14 to DAY 21+ PROVING TO YOURSELF THAT FOOD IS FUEL AND THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE

• Now you know how long you can actually go without food maybe you didn’t know this before!
  • You know that you can eat food once in a while, but limit HOW often you eat it
  • You might take this phase and decide to transition to an Intermittent Fasting lifestyle like OMAD + Keto after this!
  • I have done multiple 21-Day fasts and a 30-Day fast, and after Day 14 you are just living through the motions, reflecting, distancing yourself from toxic things and toxic people and standing up for yourself more.
  • Hunger will come back when you begin to anticipate the end of your fast - it’s mental. If you do a 21-Day fast, around day 17-18 you may start to get hungry with anticipation of refeed, and same around day 24-25 of a 30-Day fast. You got this :sparkling_heart::tulip::sunny:

Phase 7: REFEED
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL_ePwSkVvA&t=146s
refeed%20day%2014

<3 You guys can do this!

34 Likes

Thank you - I am loving your write-up and finding it quite motivational on my first day of water fasting after a long long long time of not fasting.

5 Likes

@Mz_Bee :sparkling_heart: I’m glad you like it!! We started our Valentine’s Day group fast today as well!! You can look for that thread and here’s the calendar :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart:

You can do this! Just take it one day at a time with baby steps!

6 Likes

I am in for the challenge and grateful for the support I know that I’ll need from this community!!

6 Likes

All you need to do is ask. Every member of this community is here to support each other.

9 Likes

I’ve done the water fasting a couple of times, and the longest I’ve done it for was 28 days. 28 days was a challenge for me, but it was so rewarding at the end. That was some years ago, and I’m hoping I can do it again, but I’m not sure how many days I would want to commit to. I kinda of want to take it one day at a time. Today is day one for me, and I’m glad I came across your channel because you have some wonderful tips. I just requested to join the group on Facebook, and I signed up here. Looking forward to learning more. Thank you in advance :blush:

8 Likes

Amazing!!! Welcome to the family!!! :pray::sparkling_heart::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome to our fasting community!

Technical note: to keep future entries on this single thread, click on reply in the lower right hand corner.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Hello, I’m new here and I need help. I just brushed my teeth and swallowed a tiny bit of mouth wash without thinking. Did I break my fast? Sorry if this is not a good place to post.

Nah. The amount is negligible. You’re fine.

1 Like

Thank you SO much. I was about to cry!

Nono, didn’t break it at all! Don’t worry about toothpaste and mouthwash and stuff, hygiene is important :grin: just don’t make a meal out of the toothpaste hahaha! :pray:

5 Likes

OMG! Yasemin, thank you so for responding! I ended up breaking anyway because I was really irritable at work and I have to talk to people all day. I want to jump back in on the 7 day fast coming up but I’m afraid of that happening again.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with toothpaste and mouthwash :grin:

Yasmin, you are a God send! I had started IF EF and found that I was have much more success with long fasts-not just weight-loss but healing my body (bg, bp, neuropathy, addiction to carbs). But I couldn’t find a good resource as most sites will only discuss up to day 10. Thank you!!

3 Likes

You got this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart: Welcome to the family!!! Let me know if ever you want to jump into our fasting accountability challenges on Zoom!

We do 7-days each week and then sometimes people extend for 2-3 rounds and get to 14-21-28 days with us!

We have 2 sessions: 3pm EST daily or 8:30pm EST daily conference calls if you need some motivation, you can join the group!

Next round starts on May 28th with our kickoff call (and last meal) and first full day of Fasting is May 29th.

Here is the link with some details (please note, the link has old dates) :sparkling_heart:

https://mailchi.mp/77237586c966/join-our-upcoming-7-day-challenge-accountability-group-no-more-excuses

2 Likes

I will definitely be joining a challenge. I am on day 5 of a maybe 21 day (I’ve done a 12 day and a few 7s. I am down 52 lbs since 12/30/19)

I need advice if you have time. I am suppose to film a program on 6/4. It is only a 10 minute segment but take about 3 hours to film. I had scheduled it for day 6, but it got rescheduled to day 15. I am not sure if I would have the mental and physical stamina to do it. My question is should I stop a few days before? or should I push through? If I should stop, how many days before?

2 Likes