Phase 0 - PRE-FAST MENTAL REPROGRAMMING
- Determining how long you want to go
- Defining your WHY
- Educating yourself about fasting
Mental Reprogramming Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk8QsFg6b1w&t=30s
Phase 1: Day 1-2-3 - DETOXING YOUR BODY
- Keto flu to be expected
- Irritability/Sadness could be expected
- Hunger and stomach grumbling is expected
12 Things to Expect in your first 2-3 days of Water Fasting Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO66FibzDUI&t=186s
Phase 2: Day 4-5 - DETOXING YOUR MIND
- Learning to give yourself PERMISSION to lose weight
- Getting over the “hump” and entering “coasting mode” as I like to call it or “cruise-control” or “auto-pilot”
- Practicing SELF-LOVE and telling yourself you are beautiful and doing this for your health
- Cleansing your mind of ALL the doubt
Self-Love Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udoxFM893U&t=154s
Phase 3: Day 6-7 LEARNING ABOUT SELF-DISCIPLINE
- Fast starting to get easier as hunger diminishes!
- You are learning that most of your hunger = mental cravings
- Realizing that food will be there forever so you can delay eating it a bit longer
- Mental clarity & Euphoria start to kick in, you start to notice that people are eating 24/7
Phase 4: Day 8-9-10 BUILDING THAT MENTAL RESILIENCE
- Cooking for family & kids will be easier in this phase
- Being around food will also be easier
- Smelling food and enjoying the sensations and aromas of food without eating it will be amazing
- Starting to think of some healthy recipes to break your fast here will be great
- You might start making a list of refeed items
Phase 5: Day 11-12-13-14 CHANGING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD
- You now know that you can DELAY your gratification
- You know that most of the time you eat is due to “gluttony” rather than true physical “hunger”
- Your self-discipline is growing and so is the way you look at food!
Phase 6: DAY 14 to DAY 21+ PROVING TO YOURSELF THAT FOOD IS FUEL AND THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE
- Now you know how long you can actually go without food maybe you didn’t know this before!
- You know that you can eat food once in a while, but limit HOW often you eat it
- You might take this phase and decide to transition to an Intermittent Fasting lifestyle like OMAD + Keto after this!
- I have done multiple 21-Day fasts and a 30-Day fast, and after Day 14 you are just living through the motions, reflecting, distancing yourself from toxic things and toxic people and standing up for yourself more.
- Hunger will come back when you begin to anticipate the end of your fast - it’s mental. If you do a 21-Day fast, around day 17-18 you may start to get hungry with anticipation of refeed, and same around day 24-25 of a 30-Day fast. You got this
Phase 7: REFEED
<3 You guys can do this!