Yasemin's "6 Phases" of WATER FASTING

How is your energy level now? How long go was your most recent fast and how long? Also how did you feel at the end of the 12 day?

I felt good on day 12 (300 hours), but when I had a cup of bone broth I cramped up. Days 8 and 9 were bad.

When I am busy or walking, riding, I feel great. When I sit around, I feel blah. Currently I have stomach cramps. This is the first time I have used supplements, so maybe that will help.

1 Like

My most recent fast was 5 days 4 weeks ago. I did omad with adf for 4 weeks. I hit a mental block and couldn’t get back to EF. It was fine, I didn’t gain, felt good. Prior to that I was 3 to 4 days with a day or 2 in between then a 7 day. Been at it since 12/30/19. I am insulin resistant after many years of obesity, so only EF works for weight loss.

1 Like

Yep, been there. From my new understanding of diabetes, I was diagnosed pre-diabetic 13 years ago and diabetic 7 years ago.

I think you should be fine. Mentally you should be fine, since the brain runs better in ketosis. Physically I would dial down the exercise for a couple days prior to the shoot. Using fat as an energy source stored in the muscles is not as efficient as glycogen. That’s my recommendation.

Interested in seeing what @Yasemin says.

Thanks! I think mentally I just need to plan as if I am going to power through it, as refeeding could be more trouble than fasting.

I personally always have A LOT of energy deeper into my fast, but it depends on everyone’s body, and each fast is different! You can worry about it when you get closer, and you can do a small 500-600 calorie “crutch” meal and continue your fast, or refeed if you need to! This lifestyle is super flexible for a reason!

2 Likes

Thank you, both. I’m feeling love right now!

Being diabetic during my 40 day I didn’t get the energy boost because my body wasn’t heathy enough. So far, I get the energy boost in the subsequent refeeds which have rebuilt my diabetes ravaged body. I’m hoping to first experience this “mythical” energy boost for the 1st time on my current fast.

1 Like

I was pre-diabetic, no medication (but a lot of threats). I haven’t gone in for a check-up post beginning the wol. I will go in July, after the crazy. I haven’t had energy issues (in that I can muster the energy I need) so far. I have people in my life telling me fasting is dangerous and doesn’t work, so I’ve learned to not complain about anything. It has actually helped me. I will thank them someday.

I have felt euphoria and an amazing sense of wellbeing from time to time.

1 Like

Yes, my primary physician was skeptical. Can’t wait to see his face when he reviews my blood panels and sees me. It was te Physician’s Assistant who declared me officially “medication free” last December so I haven’t seen my primary since September.

3 Likes

WooHoo! You are such an inspiration. I read everything you put out there.

1 Like

Thank you. This helps motivate me to become more knowledgeable so I can better help people.

3 Likes

This whole forum has been incredibly helpful and useful! I feel like I don’t dip into it enough, but that probably comes of my insanely busy schedule (and a large family of kiddoes as well).

I think fasting is something that needs support. Although I’ve done it alone, it’s something that is a lot easier when you have people who have been there done that with you for support. My partner has been incredibly supportive, but he doesn’t really get it -he’s happy doing carnivore, and losing heaps of weight on it, and didn’t need the fasting to kick his metabolism into action. I did.

So a big thank you to everyone here who supports everyone else - even just “likes” on posts makes a difference when you’re having a rough night of it and don’t know whether to give in or not. As for Yasemin - I don’t know if she realises what I difference she’s made in the lives of strangers all around the world, but she has :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I too am so glad I found this forum! I had been false starting for a few days when I landed here. Other sites will only discuss 10 day. @Yasemin is amazing and so generous. I’ve just downloaded her new calendars. I am on day 11 of 21. So thankful for the support.

4 Likes

This is my 1st day doing water fasting and I’m positive now after reading all the comments.

Thank you so much that really means a lot :sparkling_heart: Sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel since I get some weird comments once in a while on YouTube, so this means a lot to me I really appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :sparkling_heart: I’m so happy that you’re all part of the family @Antipodean

I put the new food logs up on the forum too, and I’ll work on some goal setting sheets soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for all your support :sparkling_heart:

Here are my favourite 3 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi I joined this group like today only and I am recently on my 5th day of 14 days water fast and am feeling some muscle cramps, can you tell me how to cure this.

1 Like

Try some potassium and magnesium! It’s in the pinned post “quick reference guide” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This right here is so helpful. I will be referring back to this quite often!

1 Like