Winter Solstice Slim Down - Greet Santa in your Skinny Suit!

Seem to have similar goal 1 and 3!

140s (sub 70 kg it seems) is a bit far from my current weight but I am cheering for your goal! :blush:

3 Likes

Each is different. I’m really good when the hormones aren’t messing with me.

Low carb feeding is the best in-between, but that doesn’t always work out for me. LOL

1 Like

We are all heading for the 140’s! :grin:

3 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m brand new here and feeling surprisingly nervous to post and put myself out there, which probably means I’m doing the right thing. I’ll head on over to the daily accountability journal section soon and create one with more details about my journey. Public journaling has the potential to make a difference this time, I think. I’ve tried to do this alone for far too long. I think I’ve lost hope with this whole stupid food thing, but here I am, so hope clearly does spring eternal in my case. Would love to welcome Christmas not just with a new body but also the ability to pursue my life’s purposes with supreme confidence and energy.

I’ll probably mix up OMAD, 5-7 day fasts, rolling 48s, etc. along the way. I’ve fasted a ton in the past, but I tend to overeat/binge/carb out when I break the fast so the results never last. I have quite a few food sensitivities and my body really thrives on low carb/zero carb (carnivore). I know exactly what I need to do, but I allow my addictions to take over every. single. time. My greatest challenge will be eating the right way when I refeed instead of rewarding myself with crap, which then erases my gains. SO TIRED of it. I’m in my 30s and have struggled horribly with all this stuff since my early teens.

All that to say… I’m in on the Winter Solstice Slim Down :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum! And welcome to the challenge!

There’s no judgement here!

And technically there’s no failure, only self realization on what each of us personally needs/wants to work on and improve.

Thank you for Icebreaking us into the first day. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to break some more ice now with admitting to having had a high carb bender the past 3 days resulting in an astonishing 8lb gain on the scale :roll_eyes:. Roflmao, I wanted to be starting this challenge at a much lower weight.

I’ve had other party days with carbs between fasts all summer and never saw such a jump.

I’m pretty sure I have a grasp on which things it was exactly.

I remember yesterday during the day part of my head telling me - you’re not hungry Jill, and the things you are eating (just because you have the stomach capacity to do so) are not filling you with what you need.

I was feeling some kind of emptiness.
I have a feeling I know what that is about too - but it’s something out of my personal control.

I’m sort of reliving watching a friend going down a bad cycle. Already saw one person do this, and this other person is doing the same thing. It’s something I don’t want to watch again.

I’ve been as supportive as I can and I still see the train wreck happening.

So, today it’s time to let it go and go back to focus on me because I am the only one I can fix and control the actions of.

Focus on what I do want.

While empathy for others is good, I need to be a bit more selfish right now.

I have a dinner party planned for this Thursday evening. But that doesn’t mean I can’t be fasting today so kicking off today and going to bang out day 50 of my fasting allowance. :blush:

It’s not likely that the gain was all fat so hopefully I’ll see a quick shoot down on the scale by next week this time.

1 Like

Hi Rachel! :wave: Welcome and thank you for sharing your journey with us! I am also in favor of Carnivore.

SOLSTICE CHALLENGE DAY 1

Yay!! Looking forward to this! I’m on day three of a 21 day fast… so, I’ll be updating my progress in my journal but will be stopping in here on the daily.

Thanks Miramar for setting this up!

1 Like

Awesome job on you!

I realized you’d be jumping in fasting already.

Hang in - days 3-4 can be a bit tricky to maneuver. But you can do it!

I’ll be with a water bottle at my side all day today and tomorrow.

1 Like

Almost into day 4. For whatever reason, day 4 and 5 are my most challenging mentally with eating. Focused on getting to Oct. 1 right now. No more September eating for me!! Good call on the WB. Will make sure to put a couple in my car as well.

1 Like

I open a couple, take a couple sips out, and put gingerly in my freezer with loose lid. Tighten when I pull out and they stay nice and cold in a hot Florida car.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, Kyle and Miramar! I have read a number of your posts and it appears you both have wisdom to share. Good to be along for the ride.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find that there is no difference between the two. They are not only interdependent but what you are calling “selfishness” will probably be the most empathic thing you can do. Taking care of yourself is the ultimate way to take care of others.

3 Likes

I think of it as putting your airplane oxygen mask on first. That’s one of my goals over the course of this fall challenge.

2 Likes

Stickies are up! LOL.

For anyone wondering, I don’t do them all consecutive. Just need to get 50 days in total over the next 90.

So I’m doing a 2.5 day now and will be off Thursday afternoon, into Friday, and then back on fasting Saturday.

I need to be more mindful of eating windows as well.

4 Likes

Just started an 18 day fast till October 9th and would love to be a part of this!

3 Likes

Weigh in 81,7 kg today :frowning:

And I am having a hard time sticking to the WF but will try to write a list of how I felt in ketosis. That was so great.

Sending love 2 u all :heart:

1 Like

Tack on another 9 days for your refeed and we can help talk you through that if you want any help. :heart:

I’m joining. I’m committing to 40 days of fasting during this challenge, probably some combination of MWF fasts and 2-3 days fasts. I’m not off to a great start; I just had cake for dinner, but tomorrow is another day.

2 Likes

I’m in! I’ll be turning 35 at the end of December, and this is a great goal that will end around the right time! Looking forward to getting to know y’all, and keeping each other company for the next few months. Thanks for organizing, @Miramar.

I plan to fast for the next 7 days, and starting in October I’ll plan to fast 2-3 days each week-- I’m not entirely sure, but I’m guessing I’ll prefer to do ADF during the week, and able to eat with family on the weekends.

I’m currently at 133 lb, with a goal of 120 by Thanksgiving and 117 by Solstice. If I meet my goal for Thanksgiving, I’ll have some sort of dark chocolate dessert. :slight_smile: But otherwise, until solstice I’ll abstain from sugar, alcohol, and snacky things like crackers and chips.

Good luck, everyone!

3 Likes

Yippee! And my reverse age!

I’ll be 53 in February at goal time. :smirk:

2 Likes

Decided to kick this thing off with a 3? 5? 7? longer? day fast. Currently 38 hours in. 2nd and 3rd days are typically really hard (occasionally brutal) for me. Feeling pretty good right now though, most likely due to being on top of my electrolytes from the very beginning instead of waiting until I feel awful. That’s already something I’ve learned, yay! My record is 86 hours and I really want to break it.

5 Likes