MaryAnn's First 21 Day Fast

Day 16 Hour 382
CW 212 (-18.8)

I DID IT! I filmed for 4 hours. I was able to stay energetic and engaged. And thoroughly exhausted when I got home. Slept for 2 hours. I am positive nobody would have guessed I was on the 16th day of a water fast. Feeling good now. I have one more high energy day on Saturday, then I plan on laying low til day 21. I am cautiously optimistic that I will make it.

So thankful to hear @Compdude speak today. His thoughtful approach to this wol is fascinating, not only fasting, but eating and exercise.

3 Likes

I totally agree @Compdude presentation was excellent and easy to understand. I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect but I am glad to have been included. It was very nice to see you today. You are doing excellent with your fasting…you go :muscle:t5:

3 Likes

Day 17 Hour 394
CW 211.6 (19.2)

Was wide awake at 4:30 am but still got more than 6 hours. I felt the beginning of a headache, but it didn’t materialize. This amazes me. Prior to my fasting life, I had constant headaches. I even joked that Advil was my vitamin A. I am also amazed that I have not even seen a glimpse of my arch enemy, depression. That alone makes this journey worth it.

Funny side effect. Coffee doesn’t taste good. (Heresy, I know!) Even my highest quality beans taste bitter. I have to water it down. Next 21 I am going to have Yerba Mate on hand. Or do my research on eliminating caffeine. I feel I need at least one addiction :joy:!

My homework for the next few days is to use everything I have learned from @Yasemin and plan the heck out of my eating. Because my fast ends at 9 pm, I will probably wait until the morning to break.

Spiritual note: “The joy of the Lord is my strength” kept running through my head as I was filming. I have been studying Philippians and learning what joy really is. There is a receiving part and a action part. By focusing on what a privilege it is to speak to kids, I found joy and thus strength.

1 Like

Have you seen Anna’s Vegan/Vegetarian ReFeed guide?

Going to check it out. Thank you!

Here you go. Its hard to find:

2 Likes

Day 18 Hour 419 (only 85 to go!!!)
CW 210.8 (-20)

Last night it all hit me like a ton of bricks: nausea, dizziness, exhaustion. When I was pregnant with my first child, I had Braxton-Hicks (fake labor) and I thought this is terrible, then the REAL labor came… That’s how I felt last night. This morning showering and getting ready for my day required a break. I have no idea how I will push through today. Praying this morning. Might be saying,“the joy of the Lord is my strength” through gritted teeth and tears. Or looking up as I wonder how I ended up on the ground. Now comes the test. What are you made of, Mary Ann?

1 Like

Wow, you have done so well already💪 I would say listen to your body.
I just stopped my fast because my body wasn’t well, I took it as a sign that it is enough for now, I did 16days. Nausea I had was terrible plus food smell made me sick and I ended up throwing up this morning.

2 Likes

Thanks. I am prepared to jump off if I need to. The nausea has subsided, just really tired. Don’t know about the dizziness because I have gotten up very slowly and intentionally. I have to be out all morning, so refeed isn’t an option until this afternoon. I will see where I am at then.

2 Likes

Detox is nasty experience. I usually find solace in this video from the movie, Godspell.

1 Like

Hi, @Compdude, I was wondering if you have any insight to this new symptoms I am experiencing. For the past 2 days, I have been getting intense tingling and heavy like spasm in my legs and feet. It is more intense than the normal pins and needles I sometimes get. Anyone is welcome to respond. Thanks

1 Like

First check with your doctor.

With that said what day are you on?

2 Likes

About to finish day 2,

When it comes to my health, my doctor is clueless and blames everything on my existing health conditions. I get no support from my doctor as he is clueless lol.

1 Like

Same here. My primary physician is skeptical. But it was a blessing in disguise as it led me to find the endocrinologist at USC Medical School.

If you’re only on day 2 we can eliminate toxins as you are still burning off your glycogen stores. I remember back when I was healing my neuropathy (damaged nerve cells in the feet from diabetes). I did get increased tingling probably from the autophagy that was happening. However, from my research autophagy doesn’t begin happening until 32 to 40 hours have elapsed. Unless you are past that point?

I can’t explain the leg spasms as I have no experience or run across anyone here in the forum or in the FB group. Not surprising as we are on the leading edge here with this stuff.

Here’s some reputable YouTube channels I subscribe to that might have some info: Dr Eric Berg’s, Dr Jason Fung’s, KenDBerryMD’s, High Intensity Health, Low Carb, Thomas Delauer and FoundMyFitness.

Sorry I can’t provide more help.

2 Likes

Thanks, I am also subscribed to the same YouTubers you have mentioned. I have entered the 3rd day of my fast now, I feel quite cold. I am upping my electrolytes today to see if there is a difference with my symptoms.

1 Like

Feeling cold is a symptom of a slowing metabolism. Its a temporary condition as the body is adjusting to the shutting off of incoming calories. It speeds back up once you transition into ketosis and the body is reassured of a new source of energy.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Compdude, @Krista_Groskaufmane, @Overcomer,

Just wanted you to know that I am amazed at how well it went. I feel good, I had energy! So excited! Now to relax.

4 Likes

Wow! Nice! So are you done for now?
I’m about to begin on Monday.

I’m 52 and presently label myself a confirmed spinster.
Thought the TOM was over during lockdown, but it came back so I’m still in open season. :rofl:

Going for a body reset.

Haven’t weighed in yet, but will be adding that to my journal when I start - with a tape measurement of my waist.

Haha, just noticed, waist/waste.

Anyway, very inspirational and hope you don’t disappear!

Go easy on that refeed whenever that starts.

Keep up the Amazing work!

1 Like