Yasemin’s 21-Day WATER FAST - REFEED THREAD

Hi lovely fasting community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As most of you know, I have just completed a 21-Day Extended Water Fast so I will post my progress here regarding refeed for the next several days with pictures!

Here we go!

Full stats
Day 1 - January 1st, 2020 181.1 lbs
Day 21 - January 21st, 2020 156.1 lbs

Down 25 lbs (some is water weight)

21-DAY WATER FASTING BEFORE/AFTER (Transformation video) :heart_eyes:
Link: https://youtu.be/XzXYt7zVpc8

REFEED GUIDELINES:

Some instructions that I have researched about re-feeding based on Dr. Daniel Pompano and others. This could vary based on the length of your fast, your weight etc.

Day 1:

500-800 calories

NO meat yet

NO RAW veggies yet

NO Grains

What to eat:

• Bone Broth
  • Cooked Veggies
  • Shakes
  • Berries
  • Olives
  • Olive oil/Butter
  • Grassfed Yogurt or Kefir
  • Avocado
  • Raw Nut Butter
  • Small amounts of fermented veggies

Day 2: 800-1000 calories

500-800 calories - Stay under 20g protein

NO meat yet

NO RAW veggies yet - can do small salad with oils

NO Grains

• Same as day 1 + below
  • Raw nuts and seeds
  • Raw cheese grassfed
  • Eggs (but it’s 7g protein per egg)

Day 3

• Meat + Eggs
  • Normal calories

Day 4-5

• Maintain a ketogenic diet for 1-2 more months (you’re already in ketosis, might as well!)
  • Intermittent fasting - OMAD recommended for maintenance

Make sure you consult your physician and do your own research as well

13 Likes

January 21st, 2020
Refeed Day 1
OMAD + Keto
Weight: 156.1lbs (AM Weigh-In)

• Kimchi
  • Cabbage
  • Celery & cashew (couldn’t finish)
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • Homemade bone broth (Not pictured)
3 Likes

January 22nd, 2020
Refeed Day 2
OMAD + Keto

• Bone Broth
  • Celery with Cashews
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • Kimchi
  • Cucumbers & Feta
  • Seaweed

*Did not finish celery, feta nor seaweed! Was too full after Avocado, Bone Broth, Kimchi & Cucumbers :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

January 23rd, 2020
Refeed Day 3
OMAD + Keto

Everything I eat is in these photos! One meal, OMAD KETO, no more no less! :pray: Still feeling great, 3 days into refeed.

Added some meat in today, 1/2 steak cooked in butter (chewed many times), cabbage, kimchi, whole avocado, few cashews, seaweed, cucumbers & feta. :sparkling_heart:

Mindful Eating:

• I am very happy to prep my full OMAD/KETO, unplug, turn off all distractions, no technology, no computer, no phone during meal time. I snap a pic and turn it off and post later!
  • No eating while standing
  • No technology while eating
  • No unhealthy foods
  • No snacking
  • Chewing many times, enjoy each bite, eating slowly rather than quickly scarfing down the meal
  • Reflecting on how lucky we are to have food on the table, and how freeing it can be to feed your body with the proper nutrition as fuel.

:sparkling_heart: Here’s today’s meal:

6 Likes

January 24th, 2020
Refeed Day 4
OMAD + Keto

Traditional Chinese New Year meal :red_gift_envelope:

I nibbled on some stuff and had coconut bone broth that was served with the meal! :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

January 25th, 2020
Refeed Day 5
OMAD + Keto
Leftovers from CNY

1 Like

January 26th, 2020
Refeed Day 6
OMAD + Keto
Healthy leftovers 1/2 steak and some veggies!

1 Like

January 27th, 2020
Valentine’s Day Fast Day 1!

2 Likes

January 28th, 2020
Valentine’s Day Fast Day 2

2 Likes

January 29th, 2020
Valentine’s Day Fast Day 3
Will do a mini “crutch refeed”

• Cabbage, kimchi & couple cashews and celery then get back into the fast! :pray:

Photo doesn’t look great and cabbage isn’t shown in the photo because I forgot to take a picture!!

2 Likes

January 30th, 2020
Valentine’s Day Fast Day 4
OMAD/Keto

1 Like

January 31st, 2020
Valentine’s Day Fast Day 5
OMAD/Keto

1 Like

You have such a beautiful shape! I am so proud of you! It is so cool to see how much tone you got from just drinking water, truly amazing. And such a tiny waist! It makes one wonder what is all the goodness that happened for the inside of you body? I heard you haven’t had to use your inhaler (puffer) for awhile either, so awesome :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yummm-o! Looks soooo freaking good! Makes me think of this mock chowmein (western girl style too lol) I make. It’s a recipe I made up one day. I thinly slice a whole head of green cabbage and saute it in sesame oil. To that I will add a splash of rice wine vinegar, liquid aminos (or soy sauce if you prefer) to taste, powdered ginger (I usually do all this to taste), I will either use liquid or powdered stevia to SLIGHTLY SWEETEN (if you prefer a different sweet source, use that), garlic (raw or powdered both work great) and at the end of the sauteing I will add some sliced green onions and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds. So yum! Of course you can probably add other veggies or meat. But this recipe was born out of necessity, I only had cabbage one day and whatever spices/sauce/oil in my pantry. It is kid approved too!

3 Likes

Wowwwww that sounds like something I need to try!!! :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart: It reminds me of these lettuce wraps in chow-mein/chicken bites I used to eat at this place called Jack Astor’s back in the day!

1 Like

It sounds delicious. Going to try this. But loving a little spice, will add thin strips of green chillies and some other seeds as well.

2 Likes

Can you tell me how much weight you gained during the refeed?

About 6 ish lbs I think! I don’t really check day to day fluctuations as much as I used to but a typical average loss during a fast is 0.5 lbs per day after water weight is subtracted so that’s what makes sense!!

2 Likes

I fail :sweat::sweat::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like