Winter Solstice Slim Down - Greet Santa in your Skinny Suit!

Almost into day 4. For whatever reason, day 4 and 5 are my most challenging mentally with eating. Focused on getting to Oct. 1 right now. No more September eating for me!! Good call on the WB. Will make sure to put a couple in my car as well.

1 Like

I open a couple, take a couple sips out, and put gingerly in my freezer with loose lid. Tighten when I pull out and they stay nice and cold in a hot Florida car.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, Kyle and Miramar! I have read a number of your posts and it appears you both have wisdom to share. Good to be along for the ride.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find that there is no difference between the two. They are not only interdependent but what you are calling “selfishness” will probably be the most empathic thing you can do. Taking care of yourself is the ultimate way to take care of others.

3 Likes

I think of it as putting your airplane oxygen mask on first. That’s one of my goals over the course of this fall challenge.

2 Likes

Stickies are up! LOL.

For anyone wondering, I don’t do them all consecutive. Just need to get 50 days in total over the next 90.

So I’m doing a 2.5 day now and will be off Thursday afternoon, into Friday, and then back on fasting Saturday.

I need to be more mindful of eating windows as well.

4 Likes

Just started an 18 day fast till October 9th and would love to be a part of this!

3 Likes

Weigh in 81,7 kg today :frowning:

And I am having a hard time sticking to the WF but will try to write a list of how I felt in ketosis. That was so great.

Sending love 2 u all :heart:

1 Like

Tack on another 9 days for your refeed and we can help talk you through that if you want any help. :heart:

I’m joining. I’m committing to 40 days of fasting during this challenge, probably some combination of MWF fasts and 2-3 days fasts. I’m not off to a great start; I just had cake for dinner, but tomorrow is another day.

2 Likes

I’m in! I’ll be turning 35 at the end of December, and this is a great goal that will end around the right time! Looking forward to getting to know y’all, and keeping each other company for the next few months. Thanks for organizing, @Miramar.

I plan to fast for the next 7 days, and starting in October I’ll plan to fast 2-3 days each week-- I’m not entirely sure, but I’m guessing I’ll prefer to do ADF during the week, and able to eat with family on the weekends.

I’m currently at 133 lb, with a goal of 120 by Thanksgiving and 117 by Solstice. If I meet my goal for Thanksgiving, I’ll have some sort of dark chocolate dessert. :slight_smile: But otherwise, until solstice I’ll abstain from sugar, alcohol, and snacky things like crackers and chips.

Good luck, everyone!

3 Likes

Yippee! And my reverse age!

I’ll be 53 in February at goal time. :smirk:

2 Likes

Decided to kick this thing off with a 3? 5? 7? longer? day fast. Currently 38 hours in. 2nd and 3rd days are typically really hard (occasionally brutal) for me. Feeling pretty good right now though, most likely due to being on top of my electrolytes from the very beginning instead of waiting until I feel awful. That’s already something I’ve learned, yay! My record is 86 hours and I really want to break it.

5 Likes

@Sky woohoo!

40 days you can definitely do!

Good Morning @Rachel @Kristy @Jewell @spull @raevero17 @Kyle @GregT @Beths75 @Ranjeeta_Sharma @Sky !

What a “challenging” start I’m off to.

Totally blew past my time of month and I think hormones are messing with my weight as it hasn’t budged. The end is near.:joy:

I had some black tea last night and just water yesterday.

Getting myself psyched up to finish organization today.

But hey! 49 Fasting days left.

5 Likes

Yesterday (Beginning of day 4 for me) was tough. I restricted myself from Instagram but decided to go on a Keto Pantry spending spree on Amazon thinking of all the recipes I want to try out. When I woke this a.m., I immediately regretted (A) all the browsing of keto products (B) spending a TON of cash of too many items I won’t be able to use up quickly © now they will be delivered to my house all week (WHILE I’m STILL FASTING) (D) not waiting until my fast was 100% DONE to do this.
This morning I realized the importance of harnessing my mind and how my impulsivity plays into all my bad habits regarding food and contributes to my weight gain.

Lightbulb for me.

Next challenge is quieting my head…

Happy fasting or Feeding friends!

6 Likes

@Kyle unless any of the items are perishable do not open any of the boxes. Put them in a closed room. Maybe reward yourself with something every time you get a box and don’t open it!

4 Likes

LOVE THIS IDEA! Thank you for the suggestion!

2 Likes

I’m guilty of buying while fasting too.

I stick what I can sealed and in the freezer.

It’s just safer for me that way too as we have bugs here in Florida.

One day I’d love to make myself a sealed humidity controlled pantry.

3 Likes

Good afternoon!

Embarking AGAIN on fasting and mentally I feel better today: :slight_smile:

@Kyle Yeah I ordered a ton of peanut butter on a offer (38%!!). Literally like, 3 kgs. I think thats 5-6 lbs. Should be ok though, not opening it… the protein cookie samples I got have magically disappeared though. OOPS! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi turning-35-buddy! :grin: mine is in october.

Sending support and motivation :sunflower:

3 Likes