Winter Solstice Slim Down - Greet Santa in your Skinny Suit!

Good morning!

I have a dinner party tonight and all I can think about is I want to keep fasting because the scale finally went in the right direction :rofl:.

I have less than 5 hours to finish my half day. I cut the number.

I’ll be back later.

3 Likes

Hows everyone doing?

Broke my 21 day fast on Day 5. That’s the second time I have done that. Details in my journal.

On Day 1 again.

Good news is I am down 15lbs from the start of my journey in August. I hope to be in the 140’s by the end of next month.

Happy Fasting or Feeding, Friends!

3 Likes

I started a WF on Sunday but decided to slid into your Winter Solstice. 90 days is a great amount of time to break bad habits and make new ones! I’m hoping to take away form this, having a better relationship with food and being able to say no to food, becoming healthier so I can get back to being active, becoming comfortable in my skin, shed 10 years off, I also want to stop eating meat and just stick to fish. I’m doing 14 days WF then 5 days to refeed, then 7 days ADF with OMAD then back to 14 WF and so on. Would love if one of the 14 day WF turned into 21 days. I’m excited and feeling awesome.

2 Likes

Great advise Kristy! Will do. Thank you !

1 Like

The mental struggle is real this morning. I felt genuine physical hunger yesterday but pushed through. In some ways the emotional battle is way worse. I’ve used food for comfort and to combat boredom and a dozen other things for far too long. Today and tomorrow are where the rubber meets the road. So far I’ve lost only a few pounds of water weight, (which is not new to me. I’ve done this before. Just want to go further this time for the weight/body comp results, to develop discipline, and for my health. So my brain tells me: “so much discomfort and nothing to show for it! If you eat at least you’ll get some something out of it.” Sigh. I’ve been in counseling for two years and have made huge strides, but the gloves really come off when I fast. Sounds dramatic, but it’s like Gandalf battling the Balrog for days in the snow far below the mines. It goes really deep with me, way back to childhood, like it does with many folks. OK, enough of all that for now. :slight_smile:

Experienced longer fasters, can I expect at least a bit of a turn for the better in days 4 and 5? I know everyone is different, but I consistently read that those are the days when hunger starts to fade. I’m determined to get there and then out into the clear, open water.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group @cradle !

We are all working to be healthier by the New Year.

It’ll be a great relief for me to not be putting the dreaded “lose weight” on my new year resolution plans. It’ll be “maintain the new weight” plan.

I’ll have some left to go, but planning to be down to the final 10lbs. And that thought alone is one point to keep me on track.

The Xmas crap is already in the stores😂. I’m just trying to embrace Fall still.

I got some table linens from the thrift store this morning and having a swanky dinner party tonight. If it goes well I’ll do one a month with different people.

Of course, November will be a Thanksgiving dinner and December will have a Christmas dinner, so next would be October around halloween.

I think knowing there’s a “party” once a month will also help me work to be ahead of the curve and helps define a few of my eat days.

I’ll be budgeting my feed days wisely. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It took so much from me just now not to break my fast, that I’m physicality exhausted! I had to beg my bf to come with me to the kitchen just so I don’t stick my finger in something and put in my mouth!
Thing is, I’m not even hungry! The mental torture is extreme and I started thinking I could eat tonight and start over in the morning. I even suggested eating to my bf and he was like, NO! You’re doing so well and I’m proud of you. Having a support system is so important.

3 Likes

Awesome, good for you!! Those victorious moments are soooo important. Believe me, I know how bad the mental torture can be. So glad you have someone on board with you. Keep going.

2 Likes

Joining it! I want to lose 17 pounds by 'December 21st, to be at 145 lbs.

I’ll use a combination of short water fasts and OMAD. I also want to attempt a 14day water fast in October (1-14) but I have no confidence in my mental stamina.

3 Likes

I’ve got a silly question. I nibble the inside of my mouth and recently my dried lips, it’s a bad habit I inherited from my dad. Does this affect my fast? Have all this been for nothing?
doing it right now

1 Like

No that will not break your fast. If you have dried lips you need electrolytes

1 Like

Good morning all!

Welcome @Sarah_T ! Elated you are joining ! Your goal is certainly obtainable by the end of the year. Dr Jill :rofl: is going to prescribe you a mantra, and @cradle too.

@cradle support is awesome. But you can go in the kitchen alone🤣.

I would suggest some light meditating. Nothing crazy, lol, unless you want to get serious.

Personal mantras and self reinforcement. Like when you’re brushing teeth in the morning or in the shower - and random thoughts are scattering in your head - toss in a “today I am in full control of what goes in my mouth.” “Today I choose to fast and I will get to my goal” “Today I am fasting and it will be effortless”

It’s the same as a prayer. It’s an intention sent to the universe. Do it enough and feel the result first and you can manifest everything you want.

In other news I know you are all on the edge of your seats wondering how my party went last night,:rofl: and it was fabulous and glorious and I need to do this once a month to force me to keep my apartment in order. I still have more sorting to do, but at least I can see the floors and not dancing past piles to get to my bathroom.

Oh! Weight drop this morning too! 174 baby!

I’m having leftover reuben sandwich today and will be back to fasting this evening.

It’s a great day to be back to fasting this evening. :grin: (Example mantra in effect)

I was sweating up to the last minute doing clean up last night. But very proud of myself in the end and now know what I need to do to stay on top of it. So you are all invited over. LOL.

3 Likes

95 hours into my 432 hour fast! down 9 lbs from 198 to 189!

4 Likes

2 days down; 38 to go.

2 Likes

Set a new personal record and fasted 4 days. Pretty pleased but there’s more work to do.

Going to try out some ADF this coming week (40 hours or so between meals) and see what happens. If it goes well, I’ll attempt another longer fast.

Feeling good today post fast! Much more centered and calm.

4 Likes

Good morning!

Just started a 66 hour fast yesterday afternoon. I know it’s a weird hour-count but I wanted to set the timer for a lunch on Tuesday. My weight prior to yesterday was 153 but after a long day of refeeding yesterday (2 meals, 6 hours) I am 154 this a.m.

Hows everyone doing on their fast/feed and goals so far?

2 Likes

Happy Sunday!

I am feeling fantastic today. Hormones are behaving.

Just had a giant bagel and officially on the fasting train by noon today! I got a bunch of random cravings out of the way.

Reading this and watching dragnificent in the background.

I’m feeling ready to kick more ass - like not just getting the weight off but I have a ton of other things to get myself in order and jump into next year with a vengeance.

This is going to be an amazing 3 months.

4 Likes

Honestly I doubt the book will be as helpful as a bunch of amazing Queens that get S*** done! Damn those ladies are awesome!

2 Likes

Good morning Friends… hope everyone is doing well!

I’m reading “Never Binge Again”. This is undoing everything I thought I should be doing to STOP bingeing on unhealthy foods and I see how my thought process/behaviors contributes to more bingeing. WOW… eye opening! It’s not for the faint of heart but if you can handle some strong medicine regarding your bingeing, check it out. This could be a Game Changer for me.

Hope everyone is doing good today. Happy Monday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning and happy Monday!

Fasting today and feeling good and strong about it. This first week into the fast and easy l’ll have 4 full days done by midnight tonight.

I’m going to stay mindful of getting these fasting days in and saving the heavy carbs for their planned times.

2 Likes