Starting today 18/06/2020 my WF journey

Hi everyone today I started my journey, my goal is 21days, I’ve been trying losing weight since 2015 and always failed. I weight something about 63/64/65 kg I don’t know since I don’t measure myself since ages but my weight is pretty much stable. My goal is 50/52 kg I’m 1,63cm tall. I hope I can find some support here! My body is capable but my mind is a betchhh, I have always struggled with my bad thoughts that pop up in the middle of day one of every diet I tried. I hope this time I can finally succeed!

4 Likes

@Theiman Welcome to the forum!

Have you fasted before? Or even low carbed to a keto state?

What is your “why”? The why is something you can stick on the wall and remind yourself every day. It’s all about reprogramming.

1 Like

Yes I did a 5 day water fast a few years ago, and every year I fast the month of Ramadan.
My “why” is that I want to reset my metabolism and clean my stomach, the second reason is that I want to feel comfortable in my own skin because I’m not and that’s a struggle

2 Likes

You should be physically setup to do a prolonged fast then.

I would recommend you target an initial 7-day fast. Then evaluate yourself daily on whether to extend it. This is the best way to build up that fasting muscle.

You may want to check on @Yasemin as she’s been doing Zoom fasting challenges recently.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you! Then I try 7 days first and see if I can extend to more!

2 Likes

Day 1 done. Yesterday was pretty much hard I had to cook al least 4 times for my husband who’s on a mass gain regime. I managed to keep myself from taking a bite from whatever I was cooking, ugh so hard.
Today is day 2 I woke up feeling fog in my head, I’ll try hard to get along with day 2!

2 Likes

Welcome! I am new here, too. I am on day 5 of my 21 day fast. I suggest you watch the video from Yasemin’s so clever, SMART video, under the category, water fasting, called FASTING STICKIES. It is really helpful. If your goal is to promote your health, I can tell you, fasting works. I messed up my knee, after falling and twisting it, and yesterday, day 4, I was moaning a lot, because my knee hurt. Today, on day 5, the pain is completely gone. I am so happy. So, check out Yasemin’s video, and also the next time Yasemin offers a Fasting Challenge (I think this weekly, but I am not sure…) then join it. I joined, at the last second, yesterday, and it goes for a week, and already I feel totally more positive and motivated. Those daily Zoom calls, in the challenge, will help you. Here is the video about fasting stickies: Fasting Stickies - Set up for Success

1 Like

Thanks where can I find the zoom conference?

Also, when does she start those conferences, because I live in Germany and the time zone might make it hard to join

1 Like

Grüß Dich! Hey, I am living nearby Osnabrück. I am a transplanted Ami! I joined the Challenge for this week, that started yesterday, 18.06. Yasemin has two different times for the Zoom calls, and I joined the 15:00/21:00 (Berlin timezone). The other Zoom call would be happening while I am sleeping, so that was my reason for joining the 21:00 group. Here is the info. https://www.waterfastingforum.com/c/challenges-accountability-buddies/30 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Danke schön!!

1 Like

So yesterday was day 2 but I made a big mistake. My husband invited me to go out and I thought it is better than staying home and thinking about food, and that’s the trap. We met some friends and they decided to go eat something. I told my husband I would eat anything and he told me we are out no time for diets and bla bla. Long story short he “forced” me to drink a strawberry juice. So today I’m restarting the fast and I will never go out again till I finish my journey :joy:

3 Likes

Its a constant learning process. After almost a year of the fasting lifestyle, I just discovered that when it comes to certain refined carbohydrates that are conveniently close by my work desk I still have NO discipline! LOL

So from here on out, I will not have any of it stored in the house. When I do want it and its during a refeed or workout cycle then I have to buy it at the store and it has to be in a single server amount. I.e. a small bag of chips.

2 Likes

This is why I stay home and single out of trouble and temptation :crazy_face:

2 Likes

How do you guys make yourself busy at home?

1 Like

LOL. Read my latest Daily Journal entries and you’ll see how I do it.

1 Like

Day 1 done. It was pretty smooth, today is day 2 I’m staying at home the hole day to do some work on the laptop. I feel motivated today!

4 Likes

I try to be outside, walking or in the garden and NOT in a kitchen, lol. And do not make my mistake and watch cooking videos. It made me feel sorry for myself and deprived and I drank more water than usual, just to keep the belly full. I like to listen to music, and audio books. Right now I am listening to Dr. Fung’s book about water fasting. I am learning a lot.

3 Likes

Yes! You are doing it. You are on day 2. Well done.

1 Like

No I’m trying to avoid food posts on insta or cooking videos. I continue to remind myself why I’m doing it to keep going, today I took a magnesium pill diluited in water, knees pain is unbearable, I feel great both physically and mentally

1 Like