My 5 day fast beginning at midnight tonight!

Hello! I have decided to do a 5-day water fast starting tonight at midnight. Planning to end Saturday the 23rd, any suggestions, support, or if you’d like to join me, you’re more than welcome :blush:

I will weigh in tomorrow but guessing I am around 135 lb!

3 Likes

Hello!

Happy MLK day!

I weighed in at 132.4 lb this morning so going to aim to be around 125 lb on Friday! I can do this :blush:

Feeling fine. Need to make sure I’m drinking enough water, forgetful of that. Other than that no cravings or temptations. Staying positive by thinking about how good I will feel by the end of the week!

Day 1: 132.4 lb

2 Likes

Hi @CarlyAnn,
I started my fast on Sunday after dinner, so I am on day 2 trying to do 5 to 7 days, so refeed is Sunday if I do 7 days.
All the best. Apple cider vinegar, salt and magnesium is your friend. I will check-in tomorrow.

1 Like

Sunday dinner was my last meal as well but felt I should just do midnight as I forgot what time I had dinner and finished with a glass of wine :wink:

Thank you! Will check in on you as well.

2 Likes

Good morning!

Day 2 of my water fast. Definitely slept in later than usual! But feel well rested this morning.

Weighed in today at 130.2 lb!

Will make it through the day just fine :blush:

Day 2: 130.2 lb

Weight loss: -2.2 lb

2 Likes

Hi, I have started day 3, so far I am managing the hunger. I will check-in tomorrow. Let’s keep going… We can do this.

1 Like

Good morning!

Day 3 for me today :blush:

Day 3: 129.2 lb

Total: -3.2 lb

Not losing as much weight as I did my last water fast (but I was 145 lb then).

Slow and steady is alright, feeling great. Woke up a few times last night but could fall back asleep easily.

1 Like

I am HUNGRAY!

But going to stick through it because I know day 4 = no hunger pain :blush:

Can’t wait for that.

2 Likes

You are doing great! I had a refeed and I am back fasting till Sunday, hopefully. If I fall I plan on getting back up. I have been out of practice for a few months. My longest fast last year was 17 and a half days. I did the Daniel fast on the 4th till the 11th of Jan this month. From the 4th of Jan till 20th I am down 13pounds. I weighed 230lbs, now at 217lbs. My goal is to be at least 210 by the end of January.

1st of Feb till the 7th I plan on doing a juice fast mix with water fasting, the second week of Feb I will start water fasting again.

Keep going @CarlyAnn, I will check in again tomorrow.

1 Like

That’s amazing! My longest has been 5 days haven’t gone further than that.

On day 4 now! Didn’t get good sleep last night, kept tossing and turning and my partner this morning said it had to be every 30 sec that I moved :joy:

Took a little nap around noon hopefully will carry me over to tonight!

Other than that, feeling good. Took potassium and had some tea this morning, as well as salt water. First time drinking tea as I haven’t really craved it since I started but this morning called for it after my terrible sleep!

Tasted so delicious :yum:

Don’t have a scale here so going to weigh myself tonight when I get home!

Can’t believe how fast the last 3 days have gone. Might push it from Friday to Sunday if I continue to feel okay!

1 Like

Finally got to my scale! Day 4 update :blush:

Day 4: 126.2 lb

(That stubborn .2 :joy::wink:)

Total: -6.2 lb

2 Likes

Well done!!
The weight is coming off for you quickly, keep going.

I’m well Into day 2, feeling quite hungry but ignoring it. I will check in tomorrow. :muscle:t5:

1 Like

Thank you! How are you feeling? Have you been keeping track of your progress? Any changes you see physically yet?

1 Like

Day 5 check in! Woot woot!

Felt great this morning! drank some salt water followed by some tea.

Here are today’s stats:

Day 5: 124.2 lb

Total loss: - 8.2 lb :partying_face:

Think I will push my fast until Sunday to make it 7 days instead… maybe keep pushing it depending on how I’m feeling. Woke up earlier than my alarm today and actually slept so good! Got my sleep, woke up energized, and ready for the day :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Hi CarlyAnn, I am happy to see you are doing well, keep pushing on, you have got this.
So just to give a quick background, I am very ill, I have M.E/CFS And Fibromyalgia and some other conditions, so I am bed bound a lot and housebound mostly, I have been trying to lose weight for over 10 years now. I was 119 before my health got so out of control. I didn’t put on weight because of diet or anything like that, my conditions cause me to put on the weight and never able to lose it. I will lose some and it goes back on which is why I have been trying fasting. I won’t weigh myself now until the 31st, because it is not good for me not to see good progress. I go days without sleep due to my health/insomnia, even if I sleep I am more fatigued. Sleeplessness also stops weight loss.
So to answer your question, no progress or changes, unfortunately, it will take a long time for that to happen, I just have to keep going. Also when I fast with someone my size who doesn’t have the health conditions that I do, they lose 3 times the weight that I do, so weight loss is very stubborn when I did the 17 and a half days fast, I only lost 13pounds and a lot of it was water weight. By the end of last year, all the weight went back on, last year was a bad year for most people and I lost my dad and a friend which might have added to my weight gain. Sometimes I have to break my fast and restart due to fatigue especially if I feel unstable on my feet. I will check in tomorrow. All the best.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, can’t imagine how tough that is not only physically but mentally.

How long has it been since you were diagnosed with M.E/CFS And Fibromyalgia?

How is your fast going as well? Do you see improvements in your overall health when you fast?

1 Like

Day 6 check in!
Woke up feeling great, weird taste in my mouth though. Might be ending my fast today, haven’t yet decided. Will when dinner time comes around!

Day 5: 124.2 lb
Day 6: 123.6 lb

Total loss: - 8.8 lb

1 Like

Thanks, Carlyann,
I have been diagnosed since 2010, but it took many years for that to happen, I have had my illness for 20 or more years.
There is no improvements with fasting, no additional energy I deal with more fatigue when fasting, it is more of a challenge for me. Also, there is no evidence that fasting works for M.E or my other conditions.

I see fasting as something I need to do long term. I believe I will at least be able to lose the weight and control the weight gain.
I would like to be the first one to prove that fasting improves the conditions.
The Lord is my strength :muscle:t5:

1 Like

6 days is an excellent achievement!!! Well done 8.8lbs wow!!!
I also get that weird taste in my mouth it is worse for me after 7days fasting, not sure how to get rid of it either.

I had a small refeed last night, so doing a 48 for take me to Sunday night. Still strengthening my fasting muscles some week will be better than others. I keep going /giving up is not in my DNA.

1 Like

That’s awesome, you have something to prove and that’s a huge motivator :muscle:t3:

Had a small refeed last night as well at a family dinner! Wasn’t as exciting as I was expecting… or didn’t taste as great as I imagined a first bite would :joy: which is totally okay with me.

Starting another 5 days following that dinner (last night around 6pm).

Was surprised to see my weight didn’t go up today! Was really expecting to shoot back up around 125 at least but… here are the stats

01/18 Day 1: 132.4 lb
01/19 Day 2: 130.2 lb
01/20 Day 3: 129.2 lb
01/21 Day 4: 126.2 lb
01/22 Day 5: 124.2 lb
01/23 Day 6: 123.6 lb

Refeed after 144 hours/6 days! My goal was five but did an extra day :blush: (also was just a small refeed) Going to restart and aiming to do another 5 days to get to my goal of 115 lb.

01/24 Day 1: 123.4

(surprised it went down after refeeding? But I’ll take it :grin:)

Total loss: -9.0 lb

2 Likes