Michelle's daily journal

The thing about this so much more complicated and I know you understand this. We literally vote with our money and our military industrial complex completely disenfranchises a huge portion of our population

2 Likes

Hi @Robertt_Crown.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your time writing and also taking the time to read my other posts. And I can see that youā€™ve done your research.

As a former nurse I have seen medicine from the inside and the outside. I do believe in the medical model. Certainly when my husband got sick, if he had been left to heal by himself, then he would have died two years ago. As it is, medicine is being used in a supportive role only until his body is strong enough to take over.

I donā€™t believe my years working in haemodialysis and as a Scrub Nurse in theatre were ā€˜quackeryā€™.

But I also appreciate the medical model is not the answer to everything, as the human body is amazing and capable of great things - without intervention. I am also a believer in that, and that we should listen to our bodies more.

There is a middle way.

Thank you for lending me your knowledge, and the link, it is appreciated. All the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Michelle for your brilliant wisdom. I could not have expressed myself as eloquently.

1 Like

Agree - itā€™s all about balance!

Big-Pharma is evil when it comes to capitalizing off making money and selling some bad drugs, but modern western medicine has itā€™s purpose as well and itā€™s all about balance! :sparkling_heart:

Obviously weā€™re all here because we all have the common belief that fasting will help us heal our bodies and minds so letā€™s stick to that.

Reminder that unsolicited advice is not welcome in this forum! If we have opinions we can keep them neatly in our own personal daily journals, but not unsolicited advice on other peopleā€™s journals.

The journals are a place for us to track our journey and vent and talk to ourselves! Not to have debate about our views :nerd_face: We are all human and thereā€™s no way that we will all agree on everything!

For that reason I have made the executive decision to remove a few sensitive posts from this journal :sparkling_heart:

Happy Fasting !!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hi Michelle,

It was so good to read your journal. Your journey just motivated me a lot.

I have been doing OMAD for a couple of months and just started with the rolling 72 hour fasts today. Got to know from your journal that youā€™ve done 4 3day fasts. Can you please tell me the expected weight loss over 3 days? It would be of great help to know how many pounds ill lose over the 3 day fasts. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Donā€™t focus on the weight loss! Focus on your WHY! Everyoneā€™s weight loss varies so no one can calculate exactly how much you will lose but the only way to fast is to get in the right mindset!!! Focus on the health benefits! :fire:

Dr. Fungs books mention average of 0.4-0.6 lbs per day of true fat loss. Thatā€™s a good guideline. :fire::fire:

4 Likes

Thanks Yasemin.

Your comments were really helpful. Will focus more on the benefits more than just fat loss :muscle:t2:!

Thanks you :blush:

Hi @VeeJay, thanks for your message. I agree with @Yasemin weight loss varies from person to person and also fast to fast! But I will say is that itā€™s well worth doing, and for the other benefits too. Go for it! Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning!

I did ā€˜cheatā€™ yesterday late evening, but Iā€™m not going to punish myself for it, thereā€™s no point in deliberately making myself unhappy. Iā€™ve lost 2 pounds today anyway!!

So - fully back on the fasting waggon. ONWARDS! :smiley:

2 Likes

My cravings won last nght and this morning, so my 3 day fast has bevome a 2 day fast. Sigh. Itā€™s stress-eating. Chocolate is my go-to when things are difficult - Iā€™ve got years and years of unlearning to do.

As of right now Iā€™m starting the next fast - 3 days. I can totally do it! Canā€™t I?

1 Like

Chocolate is my stress-relieving go-to as well. Preferably ice creamā€¦ but I donā€™t discriminate. Good job on two days and a great attitude. Iā€™m convinced the resilient attitude is the difference between success and staying where you are.

1 Like

Instead of struggling through I gave myself the day off fasting. Noon yesterday to noon today. I feel better for it and mentally ready to start my next 3 day water fast later this morning :slight_smile:

(Now how much can I cram in 2 hours? - only joking!)

1 Like

Iā€™m pleasantly suprised that despite it all I have managed to lose 4 pounds this week. Iā€™m happy with that all things considered. Iā€™m giving myself permission to take today off fasting (thereā€™s enough to think about). With the intention of starting again tomorrow at noon.

Happy fasting :grin: :pray:

5 Likes

Great news!! Congrats on the drop. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Michelle! You have a great attitude. It is really helpful to read that sometimes we just need a break from fasting and to keep a positive mindset! Happy fasting and hope you have a great week! :v:t3: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Cindy, your comment made me smile this morning :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve had a couple of false starts because I was also dealing with increased pain, and honestly - that was enough! Anyway, I still have the pain but today Iā€™ve got my sh*t together.

Just doing 24 hrs and then see how I go from there.

Have a good day everyone! :grinning:

2 Likes

Soā€¦unfortunate events keep stopping me doing or completing a fast. Iā€™ve suddenly realised that life isnā€™t going to stop messing me about so I can get on with a fast in peace and quiet. Obvious really!

With that in mind I start again tomorrow, and when things are difficult and stressful try to find a different way to get through it other than turning to food.

ā€œIf not now, then when?ā€

Please wish me luck :smiley:

2 Likes

I just got back from walking my son to school - heā€™s on a scooter so I had to walk fast! This would be a scheduled crave moment, but instead I had a drink and wrote this post instead. Iā€™m feeling very virtuous right now lol.

I read a very helpful comment from someone else about how she welcomes the hunger pangs because her body will realise and switch fuels eventually. If you said that, thank you :smiley: It helped me this morning to think of that.

So going to get on with jobs now and stay busy. Happy fasting everyone! :smiley:

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face: Enforced fast. So be it. Can only be beneficial :muscle:

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas x

Iā€™m very pleased to be back again :slight_smile:

It may seem as though Iā€™ve been a bit of a quitter lately, but thatā€™s really not the case (honest). Illnesses, bereavements, deep depression, and lockdown autistism homeschooling - itā€™s been ridiculous. It continues to be ridiculous, but now there is a tiny light at the end of this dark dark tunnel.

Everone has their own scenarios and this hasnā€™t been an easy couple of months for anyone.

Who really knows how long each if us has to get the most out of life. We really only have today.

ā€œIf not now, then when?ā€

So amongst other things, gaining back my slimmer, healthier body goes it starts now!

This is my plan:

5 days 18:6 then,
5 days 16:8 then,
9 days 20:4 then
9 days OMAD - 28 days.

Iā€™ll decide what to do from there.

Now is all we have.

It has to start now.

Namaste :high_brightness:

3 Likes