I have been pondering about going on a fast for a few days now. I have been getting a lot of digestive issues and related sinus headaches because I am intolerant to a lot of foods - gluten, dairy, some grains, oddly enough peas and figs too. Also now would be a great time to do it since I am primarily home bound. I plan to start my fast tomorrow - Sept 17, 2020 and go upto 4 to 7 days. I am not new to fasting - have done a 40 day master cleanse, many juice fasts usually under 14 days and very few short water fasts - however I have always messed up breaking the fast. Always. So I decided to post and get some guidance from the forum on this and posting makes me accountable too. Another thing is that it takes me a few trys to get through the first day and start the fast which I want to avoid this time too. I saw the fasting stickies video and made my self a few too.
Major challenges anticipated:
- Tried to maintain a good pre fast diet but failed miserably. So the detox symptoms will be bad. Need to push through the first 3 days no matter what.
- My family and social life revolves around food (like everyone else) and this will be very challenging. Have some social occasions coming up.
- Fast up to the point of experiencing extreme mental clarity. At that point I need to reflect on life goals, plan and action to navigate personal challenges. For this I need to at least do 4 days.
- Focus on the refeed and post fast diet. A smaller fast is better for me as long as I break it in the right way.
- Heal the gut. Decide on a diet plan after that works in the long term.
- Get organized.
- Get a break from everything.
- Get over the vape habit and quit it forever.
- Focus on an exercise, yoga, meditation or light exercise routine whilst fasting and later.
The point is to feel energy and not tired after the fast which will come through dietary changes.