Maga’s fasting journey

WOW! Thats a fantastic turn of events. I’m so happy she has come around. Good job helping her understand what it’s all about and I agree with you on fitting in nice clothes! HUGE motivator. I think most reasonable people want to look their best… especially when they have recently dropped weight.

As far as ketosis… you know you will stay in ketosis on a Ketogenic diet, right? Obviously not as deep… but when you refeed you can still stay on the path to losing weight.

Keep us posted and Thanks for the update! This made my afternoon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The China study is a book that says humans evolved solely to eat plants and spouts nonsense about meat consumption. Well not all of it is nonsense but the dogmatism is repulsive

1 Like

Day 9

Day 9 - Easy peasy

• Day 9 was easy. Went out to grab a to go meal with my wife. I was happy with the aroma… didn’t want to eat at all.
  • I had a BM today and am concerned. My digestion should have stopped way back. And this BM was not just water. Should I be concerned???
  • I have done a lot of good things in this fast like sticking to the plan and have been very bad. My water intake is very low in the past few days. I switched to a cup with a straw and sipping on water now and then has increased the amount a bit. But I think I have a drinking problem :roll_eyes:
  • Another thing is that I have been occasionally vaping. I know it’s bad… horrible… but I am an addict. Maximum I go is 48 hours without it… I am handing the device over to my wife so that my lungs benefit from the fast.
  • I did some gardening and felt happy… not sure why I bother as most of my plants die the minute I repot them. But I am hoping this is not the case this time.
  • Rash still exists and is annoying. Coconut oil helps. Research on youtube does not. There are scary images there that make me want to quit the fast.
  • I think I can manage to squeeze in a few more days.
  • A bit disappointed that I am not feeling euphoric although I have some moments of clarity. Thought I would have mental clarity and make a breakthrough life plan. But all I end up doing is thing about the refeed plan. I made myself a jar of fermented veggies… will they to post a pic.
  • My sleep patterns are out of whack… but I love staying up at night and feel amazing in the night… really active and alert… not sure why.

Cheers
Maga

1 Like

I would give you all my Euphoria in a nano second! It really messes with everything for me. It does sound like you are doing some spectacular healing things with the time and alertness you have!

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you are smooth sailing.
BM’s are normal on extended fasts. Your body still produces mucosa and other toxins that it eliminates. Not to mention, your intestines are about 10 meters long. There’s more stored up in there than people realize (especially the stuff that adheres to the walls of the intestines). No worries. But definitely get that water in!

You can survive without food for a long period of time. That’s not the case for water.

Have a good one!

1 Like

Day 10

Day 10 Done - Cant believe it!!

• Thrilled that day 10 is done!!!
  • I am experiencing a pattern of low energy during the day, after noon naps and my mind gets hyperactive in the night. Literally, I think of doing one thing and before I start doing it a few other ideas rush in and I focus on something else. Not getting too much sleep at night… maybe 3 or 4 hours and then a nap for 2 hours in the day.
  • At times I want to go longer, and it would be easy to do so since the hunger is gone. Just need to deal with the low energy through the day and sleep patterns. On the other hand, there are times where I want to just break it and in a very unhealthy way. Today I was really enticed by this burger commercial I saw on TV. I am concerned that if I go too long, I will do what I normally do - screw up the refeed.
  • Had 2 BMs today. Not concerned. Just posting so that folks know this can happen.
  • My water intake in the night is more too. Trying to make it more consistent so that I drink in the morning too.

Thanks for reading!!

Cheers,
Maga

1 Like

@Kyle is it possible to do a flush without disturbing the fast. For instance I did a saltwater flush on another cleanse which is luke warm water mixed with non iodized sea salt and that makes you go to the rest room like crazy. Even Senna Tea can prove effective. Or should I just leave it and let the water fast take care of it. I cannot afford a medical colon cleanse at the moment.

1 Like

@Kristy now I know what you are talking about. My mind is racing and I feel like I have ADHD. I cannot focus on just one thing :wink:

Are you going longer? I would let nature take it’s course if you are still fasting. You can always end you fast with a saltwater flush. I have seen other long-term fasters do that right before they start refeed.
When you DO refeed be very careful on how you do it. Start with broth and absolutely no carbs or sugar. Carbs and sugar is what causes Refeeding Syndrome (a major imbalance of electrolytes that causes major edema and other health issues). Also, digestion may be a little tricky at first. Definitely read up. :slight_smile:

CONGRATS ON 10 DAYS!!! WOO HOO!

1 Like

** Day 11 **

Day 11 - Okay

• Serious thoughts of ending the fast even though I can go longer. Can’t articulate the reasons why. But it was a passing though through the day to end the fast and focus on refeed.
  • Today was okay… no hunger
  • Slept through the day for maybe 3 hrs.
  • Had another BM.
  • Rash still exists. Tried putting a powder on it which was soothing but only for an hour. Cold pressed coconut oil is better.
  • Need to be super productive tonight. Got some pending work to complete. Hopefully I will be focused and mentally awake to do it.
  • My 3 year daughters birthday is coming up on Oct 1 so feeling bad about not having a bite of cake… but I will not. She will be excited to feed me so I will take in my mouth and then spit it out. Talk about planning :roll_eyes:

Thanks for checking in!

Regards
Maga

2 Likes

As a pastry chef I know a bit about cake traditions! First- it stinks that you aren’t going to eat the cake but she is only 3 so won’t remember. However, you do not have to even take a bite. You should do something really special with her like her picking a slice for you, putting it in a tupperware together, labeling it together (something like “special slice for me and daddy on a rainy day!”) and putting it in the freezer. That way you can have your cake an eat it too- someday. Plus you can share it with her when you unfreeze it!

2 Likes

How long can a cake last in the freezer - 3 weeks? I never thought that was an option. Thanks! I feel so much better :smile:

This has been eating at me for days. So truly thank you. Your awesome!

BTW I know its shitty… please dont judge… I feel bad enough :pensive:

I have just now decided to go public with my water fast. This hiding form my relatives is just too stressful. I am sharing it with people I would come in contact with over the next week - 2 sets of friends and two related families. They will think I am insane… but I am done making shitty excuses or avoiding social occasions.

My thoughts are racing since it’s that time of the night… so please advise if I am making a grave mistake.

Maga

It depends on the “air tightness” of the seal. 3 weeks for certain. But more like 6 weeks. Let it thaw in the frig when you’re ready! Oh and make it even more special having another occasion to light and blow out a candle to make a wish!

1 Like

I know what you mean about wanting to tell those in your circle. If you do not see them 24/7, you may want to tell them you have adopted intermittent fasting, only because most people really balk at long term fasting and that would explain away not having a meal or two around them. I have a memorial to attend Oct 24 with my closest family. I will be with them for four days and do not plan on eating, I have been thinking of ways to navigate that situation. You know your loved ones best… just proceed with caution. Congrats on day 11!!! Good work!

2 Likes

BTW: I assume but did not ask… did you hit the mental clarity/euphoria stages yet?

1 Like

I did not want to talk about this on my posts… since it would be a bit controversial. But you asked so here goes. I have reached completely euphoric stages on a master cleanse and juice feast multiple times. It is unbelievably good. Its what grounded my interests in fasting. With the water fast I feel mental clarity at times but its sporadic and nothing compared to what I experience on the juice fast or master cleanse. I am sure that this is much more effective at repairing the body though - no question. Honestly, I have given up hope on the whole euphoria thing. I like the thought of autophagy, healing and pure water fast is removing the junk form the body.

Here is a link to my master cleanse… Its long but somewhere in there I must have mentioned how good it felt. I crave that feeling.

1 Like

The euphoria might not have anything to do with what you are or aren’t eating. If I’m right you did the master cleanse over a decade ago? That’s a lot of time for anyone’s metabolism and body to change

1 Like

I did it once every 2 years. I am not saying that it was a better cleanse. I just reached a point where I did not want to stop and felt amazing.

This one is definitely more better in every way. I just crave the state.

Honestly, I don’t know what gets you in the euphoric state, but normally I suffer from food coma… hence I crave that sensation. And yes, my body has definitely changed. I have well defined curves all over my body now :smile:

However, I am probably never going to do the MC again as I had a bad reaction whilst breaking it in a bad way (my fault), but great lesson learned… will always focus more on the refeed than the fast. I plan to incorporate the water fasting regularly henceforth, even if its a day a week or 5 days every quarter - was just a bit bummed out because of unrealistic expectations which was my fault. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Quick update - Feeling slugish in the morning… So I broke the pure water fast. I had a pinch of rock salt/himalayan pink salt in the water. And it made a huge difference. May do it multiple times through the day.

2 Likes