Kay's Daily Journal

Day 1 of 21 Day Water Fasting. Made it fine. Slight headache. Started this round of 21 days with 10 lbs less weight. The first 21 day ended with my weight at 135. I lost a total of 23 lbs. 125 is lower than I would like, so we’ll see how this goes. Cold today, for sure. Going to bed early as Why would I want to stay up…? See you tomorrow.

1 Like

wow skays you have what it takes. Noticed you did 21 days. My goal is 40-50. Would love to join in if that’s ok? I have quite a few ques and could do with discussing stuff with someone. Well done though. Kudos to you. It is bloody hard!!! I am on day 19. Almost 50% of the way there!

1 Like

How you getting on?

1 Like

WOW!!! You are Extraordinary!!! I made it 25 days but experienced weakness and scared my husband and me. I broke on Day 26 because I thought I needed to get on to refeeding. My goal weight is 128 lbs. Right now I weighed in at 145. I expect to get back to 140 pretty quickly then I will work on these last 10 lbs. Absolutely, join me. We can chat back and forth. I know that Yasemin does not abide even electrolyte water. I also take hair, skin and nail supplements.

1 Like

You made me smile. Thank you so so much. Your awesome! Really well done. 26 is something else. 19 and am going down town on the coffee, tea and just wow doing what I feel is right. Each body is unique. We can’t all do the same. The point is would love to jump on board! The fact your doing it again! wow! This is my second time and I hate it. Last time much shorter and thought I was going to die for real. Long story but hey yes…Let’s be in touch…do you have any tips from your experience?

1 Like

I check off the day as it begins because I Know I an not cheating… not one Bite or one Sip!! Also, I count the Weekends, not the days. I think to myself, “After this weekend I only have Two more and I can eat on the next one.” That keeps it much shorter. Also, the Stickies are WONderful!! I put 2 in the Win collumn and the rest are waiting! I look forward to getting up in the morning and weighing and I look forward to 3PM, because in just a few hours I can go to bed! I didn’t mention that I take Organic Epsom Salts first thing in the morning when I first begin the fast and when I reach a stall . My bowels move in 1.5 hours after. And I drink plenty of Electrolyte Water.

1 Like

Day 2… Only a bit of a headache and I was Definitely Cold All Day! I Was tempted to eat a bite of something… more than once, but I didn’t. I said NO to myself and the temptation left. I am ready for bed and am excited that tomorrow is Day 3 ! Yahoo!!

1 Like

Day 3… Interesting side note I just said to Bob that I might just do 72 hour back -to-back instead. And he asked “Why?” And I said, “It’s Day 3…” This is a Different temptation. So, I went back and read the former posts of Day 3, 4, 5, and saw, “Yeah. This is just a New monster to tempt me.” I don’t Think so!! I Got this. On with the day. Oh, Bad muscle spasm in the middle of the night. Hate those! So Glad I have Hylands Leg Cramps tablets. Swallow, don’t chew or you have to brush your teeth before going back to bed. They have SUGAR in them… They should make sugar free… Just sayin’

1 Like

I inadvertently asked this post to be removed. I want it left in here.

I Wish there was a way to correct misspelling, etc. After the post has been Posted!!!

Day 11… I want to KEEP Day 11

1 Like

Day 3… Tough day today with all the temptations. Almost hit the “QUIT” button at least a dozen times. But didn’t. Going to bed early again so that it will be Day 4, and fewer temptations. Or at least, less draw to food. Other than that, it was okay.

1 Like

Oh no skyas day 20 and for the first time I am really not sure I can keep going. Like I don’t know! Yikes! Help!!! Your doing really well. I wanted to do 40-50 days. Please give me some tips? Re coldness I used to have hot water and wrap up!!! Also put it in a bowl it helps. Please lee me know lol i need to keep going. Yikes!!!

1 Like

By the way, I am now 141… 11 ponds from my first goal. Whether or not to do a really extended fast has to do with how mu FOOD you have stored on your body. I saw a young woman, pretty slender, have to stop at 8 days. She probably did not have enough FOOD stored. She was doing it for health reasons. Also, many years ago (maybe 60 to 80 years ago) Upton Sinclair advised people to fast for 12 days, and they got tremendous results. I was shooting for 30 days and couldn’t go beyond 25 days. I had a horrible time showering in a Tiny shower with no vent and washing my hair. Actually, I was experiencing pretty much the same thing at maybe 15 days.
Drink electrolyte water hot, from the microwave. That Helps. What is your Goal weight? What is your Current Weight? Your Height? Age? These things determine how many days, etc. You have done Great!! Tomorrow is Day 21… a Very Respectful Journey. You Got This!!! If the only problem you have is cravings, coldness, you don’t have a problem. If almost fainting is your problem, drink electrolyte water and see how you are in 30 minutes. Also, when do you feel faint? After fasting overnight?? Drink you EW and see how you do. At Night, consider stopping the fast early or take your Garcinia Cambogia and see how you do in 5 minutes. Sound reasonable? You can always do another fast after a week, or at least after a couple re-feeds… that is after you Break your fast Properly… Beef Broth for a few days and then I do a Carnivore refeed for a few days… OMAD is best if you are not at your Goal, or really close to it.

How MUCH Food, is what I meant to say.

Video keeps you focused thankfully. Phew I am freezing. skays thank you. well done for what you have got to. I will be trying the electrolyte water. Really appreciate it. Yes I love bone broth! I also find reading, watching videos helps. also being doing the sticky notes. writing down goals. Your doing really well. This is no walk in the park. Thank you for what you suggested.

I see what you mean. I will have to bear that in mind. Hope your day went well.

I see whst you mean re age and weight. Hmm I will see how I get on and do what you suggested. Thank you very much.

Day 5… PM… Did GREAT today…Not One Bite… Bob encouraged me before lying down after his lunch… I had EW… He said, “You know, if you stay with this Fast, you will Probably be at your Goal Weight. Wouldn’t that feel good?” He was Absolutely Right. And it’s not long, now…After this weekend, I will have only One weekend and I will eat. That got me back on track. So, I am Ba-a-a-ck! And it feels so good.

Day 6… Did Great amd worked harder than usual… 2 1/2 loads of laundry. Cooler today which made laundry plausible. Worked hours on the phone changing carriers and my first experience with changing out SIM cards. Emotional stress but didn’t even think about food. Yahoo!! Experienced weakness as I climbed the stairs 5 times with heavy loads. But it all passed. So a victorious day. Ready for bed! Tomorrow is Day 7 and only one more weekend after this one! Victory is in sight!