Kay's Daily Journal

Day 16… No light-headedness. No fatigue, no hunger. Just one more day. And in 4 more days I will begin getting off the fast… for a week. Then Back on the Fasting Bandwagon… I Think for another 21 days…?!!

1 Like

Day 17, AM. Big Disappointment. James is Not coming in. No Coffee with cream, No Farm Fresh eggs, No Bacon, No Tuscan Bread (although I might Still get that, slice it down and Freeze it in case Trump comes back and we have 2-4 weeks of no shopping), no pizza with James… Nothing till my birthday, Oh Well, Such is Life. I think I will watch Pride and Prejudice today! and have a sip of water.

Day 17, PM… Ok. I am over the disappointment of James not coming in. I have plotted out my calendar for the remainder of the month and I have my goal clearly laid out before me. I will break my fast on the 30th day at 8PM with Broth. I am making a soup with Broth and veggies, onion, celery and a small amount of carrots for the next day and add meat on the day after. I Will have eggs on the 3rd day along with the meat (small amount) in the soup/broth. On the 4th day I Will Have a small coffee with cream. On the 5th I will have 1 piece of Tuscan Bread toasted… with butter…I am having cake and ice cream on my birthday on the 7th day. And today was another great day!! No symptoms. By the way, I will begin my next fast right after this extravaganza. When I am re-balanced, I will begin carnivore OMAD/Fast/OMAD. I will probably do that Ad Infinatum.

Day 18… I have to get my head back to today. I am focused on Day 21, which is my next goal. I will look at day 30 and relate the 2 of them. That’s not many days at all. All Achievable, with the help of the Lord! I can do ALL things through Christ! I am FINALLY in the 130’s. Yahoo. Haven’t been here since.2019… This morning was a bit of a different day… a little weak in the legs, until I rehydrated. In about 30 minutes I was good again and the day has been Good. A ton of patients back-to-back and no fatigue at all. Looking forward to bed and a Good day tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 19, in the Books!!! Good day. Not much going on so breaking the habit Harder of eating while watching a movie. Hate breaking habits, especially the worthwhile ones! But the day moved along and here I am again. Success!! It’s nice having clean teeth All the time! Marked another successful day on the calendar and moved a stickie to the WIN column!!

Another Great Day!!! Lost a pound but that is not the exciting thing. I made a batch of keto-friendly Sugar Cookies with Icing and was not tempted One Bit. Did Not lick my fingers. Nothing. I was Impressed. Tomorrow they go into the freezer and will be taken out around my birthday. They are great frozen. So, I am tired and almost ready for bed. So I am signing off. And yes, I did figure out that there was no 3
pm call today. LOL

Day 21. I thought this was my end date but it has been stretched to 30 days which is good since I haven’t reached my goal weight. And it is only one more week, Piece of cake! Actually, I am having cake after the fast, and before the next one since it will be my birthday. Ice cream also. I am excited about the next fast as I will be comparing it to this one, which was Wa-ay longer than I expected. But it has been nothing but Good. This is the way to go for me. I also look forward to the next 3-day and 5-day fast since that is what I am accustomed to . Those , I believe, will be Very manageable now. We’ll see, and I will let you know. I still have not had any cravings for food or drink in any way. I still had energy and strength. Fasting is SOO Under-rated!! It should be Required for every person. I wouldn’t know how you could do that, but just a thought. Ready for going to bed and on to Day 22.

2 Likes

Day 22… Another Great Day. Do you find this Boring?? Everything is the same. Ireally feel I could go on for a really long time, but I only have 7 more days. Day 8 I make Bone Broth. We are going out this week to get groceries and I am Excited to do that. Drinking Water with electrolytes. Still lots of energy, focus and strength… until I have to carry upstairs a heavy load of laundry. I’ll let you know if I do better that the last time I did that. Well, off to bed. By the way, the sleep is Great. Still spasms in feet or legs like every other time. Nuts.

2 Likes

Day 23… Really getting excited here! It was an Excellent day. Lost another pound and I am actually Feeling thinner. It’s like my world is opening up to me. I am feeling more in charge and confident. That’s a good feeling. One strange thing was I was tired in my legsand feet at the end of the day. That was new to me. I had a couple tell me I looked “tired”. I am taking them OFF my Christmas Card List. Maybe that was it. It was really busy at the end of the day, the last 2 hours or so. That could be it also. Any way, tomorrow is Day 24 and I will see how I am then. The day was good and the morning was Really good. I’m loving this journey, but I may have mentioned that before! LOL

1 Like

Day 24… Good day. Not tired at all in the end of the day and was able to do some extra work outdoors. So, it had to be that I had a bunch of late patients yesterday and not today. I did have to tell myself NO a few more times than usual today. But itwasn’t hard. So, all in all, it was an extremely successful day. Looking forward to day 25 tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 24… Good day. Not tired at all in the end of the day and was able to do some extra work outdoors. So, it had to be that I had a bunch of late patients yesterday and not today. I did have to tell myself NO a few more times than usual today. But itwasn’t hard. So, all in all, it was an extremely successful day. Looking forward to day 25 tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 25… Not a good morning. Made the mistake of showering and washing my hair while dehydrated… Bad Move. I was Terrified that I was going to pass out. (Not sure if I finished the hair or the shower. Just had to get out.) I had to call my husband to help and scared him spitless as well. I will never shower And do my hair at the same time again while on a fast. So, I decided to break the fast tomorrow. 25 days is not bad. I am proud of my accomplishment. Bob does not want me doing an extended fast again. Nothing over 21 days, and if I play my cards right, I shouldn’t need and extended fast again. So, tomorrow is Bone Broth. Bob will be drinking it as well, so I look forward to a large pot of it. Yay. This has been Fun… except for this morning… but I am looking forward to regular fasting and maintaining my goal. I am not quite at goal, but close. So, upward and Onward. See you tomorrow on Day 1 of getting Off an extended fast. Good night!

2 Likes

Wow , I have been reading your daily journaling and let me tell you that’s a true dedication :clap:t3: You have inspired me to do a 21 days fast and keep pushing. I will be deffo going back to your thread every time I feel I am about to break my fast.

2 Likes

Thank you, Juheriaa. I also will be returning to read what I have posted. This will be an encouragement to me as well. It must have been God, because I don’t have this kind of willpower. Trust me. But He is always faithful. Because it was so very enjoyable to do this, I know I will come back to do it again and again. Right now, I need to focus on re-feeding and going on at this point. I still have some weight to lose so I will continue with the fasting, possibly a shorter extended fast this next time. I will get to my Goal weight for sure. I have the tools to do that, so I’ll be back. I still have my birthday which I intend to enjoy with my husband.

2 Likes

Day 2 on Water Fast. Cooked all day and am ready for tomorrow eating. I wasn’t tempted tp eat but drank a lot of Electrolyte Water. Coffee in the morning at 9 am. Then Thursday starts the next 48 or 72 hours. Don’t know which. I will be doing 5 - 7 day fasts with carnivore refeeds… Burger or steak. I need to get back to regular carnivore eating rather than the carbohydrates. This 48 hour was not difficult except the draw toward eating and drinking on day 1. But, I didn’t succumb… Thank You, Lord!!!

Day 1 of 2 days Water Fasting. Doing well. No symptoms. Probably should have had more water but not having any issues, except I am so Cold! Happens every time I fast. I will be having coffee Saturday morning and goin shopping with Bob. Buying more Decaf and a few other things. which could be important in the next couple months. Just making sure we have everything. Sleep has been good so that’s a plus. So, I just keep on keeping on. Going to bed early. Long day. See you tomorrow!

Day 1 of eating … for 3 days… Ate too often but not too much. Improvement but not enough to brag about. It was great having Coffee! I missed not having it for 30 days. That’s too long. Eating and Fasting are a fact of life but there are some things that need to be a mainstay! We were so busy today and it was Stupid hot with too much of the day being without air conditioning. It made the day difficult. Boy, am I spoiled! Two loads of laundry but wanted to get some emergency laundry done. These are unusual days we are living in and they require extra concentration and quicker obedience. We never know when we will need to be resourceful. Next week is cooler temperatures! Yes! So, ready for bed and looking forward to a great day tomorrow with better choices!!

Day 2 of eating… Started into a cold… Who Does that in Summer?!! So we didn’t go anywhere and just picked up something and came home and ate. A stuffed baked potato that I didn’t fix. It was good. Then I watched Pride and Prejudice and going to bed early. The kids will probably call tomorrow and I want to feel good, plus I have no idea how busy we will be in the office. So, getting ready for bed and we will see you tomorrow! Good Night, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Day 1 of 5 in the Books. Felt pretty lousy today with a dry cough and sore throat. Saturday laundry day still biting me in the backside. Not many patients today so that helped. I’m glad the day is Over and I am Ready for calling it an early night! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, health-wise. Thank you Ladies and Gents for a Marvelous experience on this site and good luck to all of you. Enjoy the Process. It is Worth it all in the long run.

Tomorrow, Sept. 10, Day 1 of 21 Days, through the end of September. 5-Day Fasts were not doing it for me. Couldn’t stick to them. Back tothe 21. Only difficult days are Day 1 through 3, and not too difficult at that. Looking forward to it all.

1 Like