Kay's Daily Journal

WHY: My Mom said at 80 years of age, “If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.” My Mother and both of my sisters have been obese much of their adult life, as have some of their children. I don’t want that for me. I have been thin most of my life but it seems harder lately. I must get back to my low weight (128-130) and maintain that for life. This is not just about getting to my goal weight but to Maintain a “Fit and Thin” life, for life. So getting there is a small part of the equation. I have fasted for a couple of years but have not been Willing to maintain a Fasted Lifestyle. That changes Now. I want to be a person of my word and show myself someone my children and grandchildren can respect due to my discipline. I want to be an example they can be proud of and someone they can emulate. I want to be Proud of Me because I can trust Myself that when I say something, I will live up to it. This is a day of New Beginnings. I want to Young on the Inside.
Short Term Goals and Long Term Goals: I will stay the course of Fasting until I reach my Goal Weight and use this discipline in other areas of my life as well, like in Habits, my House, etc. Long Term, I will Maintain a Fasted Lifestyle alternating Fasting and OMAD eating. I will continue with Low Carb (Keto) and Carnivore eating and the occasional Healthy Carb eating.
Struggles I Have Had in the Past and Have now: I have had greater success with Fasting than with eating as I have tended to Overeat when it’s time to eat because I think I deserve it. I need to remember that food will always be there and I can quit and eat again the next day or two. I need to not Fear having a not Full feeling in my stomach. Also, I find it more difficult doing OMAD as I want to eat all day long. That Must Stop.
My “Game Plan” is to choose to fast 30 days and then quit when I reach my goal. Then I will Maintain for 3 months before testing to see how my body responds to different food stuffs, i.e. Dairy, Vegetables, Fruit, Grains, etc. At 2 pounds over goal, I will Fast to get Back to goal.
How I feel now is Excited to Finally get back to Thin. My present weight is 150 plus. I consider 150 to be my present weight since I overate 3 days before beginning this fast.
I will be EXCITED yet cautious when I achieve my goal weight. I will Finally have plenty of clothes that Fit and that is exciting. But I will have to monitor my emotions closely since I tend to eat when irritated, Excited, Happy, nearly any emotion. I am going to be “Growing Up” where my emotions are concerned and see Food as Fuel, not a Drug (I don’t Do Drugs, pushed or prescribed…) I think I am going to Journaling a lot more than I thought I would. Once I attain my weight, I will be working out more faithfully… like 5 times a week.
But I am Strong and Stubborn and can do Anything I set my mind to. I can do All things through Christ, which Strengthens me. Period. I’m Not in this Alone.

6 Likes

Day 1, 8 PM. One Day in the Books, 29 to Go! Doing well. Slight headache. Much Electrolyte Water. Fill out the Journal Pages tomorrow. Fill out the Calendar. You Got This. Thank You, Lord, for first out of 30 or until Goal Weight is achieved. Get to bed Early. Tomorrow is going to be a Good Day!

3 Likes

love love love !!! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Day 2… Up and Going. Awesome sleep. Wakened early to post and went back to bed. Down to 150.5 this morning! 140’s by tomorrow! This is going to be a Great Day! Head is perfect.

1 Like

Day 2, 7:30 PM. Did Great. No headache or weakness, just cold… Drank a Ton of EW today and hoping for no musc. spasms, Going to bed Early as I am Tired.

1 Like

Day 3, 8:30 AM. Still had muscle spasms during the night but only once. Lost 1 pound… 149.5 . At least I am losing and not plateauing. Head was good but going into full-on Ketosis and felt achy and a little in the head. Drank EW and stayed up a bit then went to bed again and felt good this morning. Head is a little in the background but should go away as soon as I have some EW. On with the Day!!

1 Like

Day 4… Lost another pound overnight. Slept well, wakened early to go shopping with Bob. Weaker than I am accustomed. Drinking EW Helps a lot. Tastes like Steak! Just 18 more Days!!!

1 Like

Day 5… Great sleep. Lost 1/2 pound. It’s at least Losing and I’m Not quitting until I Win!!! Little fatigue today, none yesterday except when we went to Walmart. And all the running around that I did at the apartment. Still EXCITED that I started this and I am on the Journey to Finally get to my Goal Weight! At Goal, I will start exercising and will be doing OMAD every other day… Carnivore. I Will maintain my goal weight. Why Work So Hard just to Throw it Away on some Tasty Morsel !!! Not Me!!! So, I will maintain a Fasted Lifestyle and splurge for a day or so, After I maintain goal weight 3 months. I am Not going up more than 5 pounds Ever!! I am proving to myself that I Can Do this!!! I am Stronger than I look! Go Me!!

2 Likes

This is so amazing! I’m starting my journey tomorrow and couldn’t be more excited!! Your posts are inspiring!! :heart_eyes:

Day 6… Did great today. Hard to believe that I can eat, not next weekend, but the
weekend after next!!!Unbelievable, Right?!! Had a bit of foot and leg cramps last night. Drinking plenty of EW. Lost 1/2 pound yesterday. We’ll see how I do overnight. So far, it’s been pretty easy. Thank You, Lord!!! I am LOVING this Fast!!

Thank you, Americanglasgow! This has been an AMAZing journey for me. I realized that I am not eating next weekend. I am eating the weekend after next. There Is A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!!

1 Like

Day 7… Had foot and leg cramps 3 times last night but got good sleep, other than that Lost 1.5 pounds overnight so I am now down to 145. Haven’t been that low since before all the Craziness began!! Worked 1.5 hours outside clearing out an old storage unit and moving stuff to a larger unit, right next to it. I now have a place for Extra stuff in my apartment! YAY111111

Day 8… This has been the easiest day. When tempted with food (Bob cooked All of my favorites today and just set it there in my face), but I wasn’t tempted. I just thought, “I can have that in 2 weeks, if I want.”. It has become just a journey, By the way, no leg cramps and I lost 1 pound. Amazing how this works!!

1 Like

Fasting is the most exciting journey. The body does Not lose muscle and so many awesome things are happening in your body during a water fast. First 3 day Could be challenging but day 4 and on are Great. Just knowing you are doing what the body Loves is such a reward. It will pay you In Dividends! I think you’ll love it! Stay the Course and lean on this group. They are very knowledgeable and can Help!!

Day 9. Plateaued for second day. Not happy about that but the scales will move. You can’t help but lose weight on 0 calories and drinking water. So I will not complain. Looking forward to bed so I can waken to a Great Day tomorrow, Day 10!!!

Day 10… GREAT Day today. Tons of energy, seems to get easier with each day! If I could get Rid of muscle cramps in legs and feet, I would think this was a dream! I love night time. Love the day and especially after work is over. Lost a pound overnight so I have 13 pounds to Goal and Then comes the Fun part… keeping myself at goal. I am planning on 3 months of maintenance then re-evaluate. LOVING this Journey. It is All so attainable! I will Finally be at goal and I have worked toward it for 2 years!!! It is Just Within my Reach! This is SO Worth a 21 Day Fast. I will Shout it from the Rooftops!!! Thank You, Yasemin!!!

1 Like

Day 12… It appears I put On weight!?? How? On Water?? Whatever, I am STICKING TO IT come hell or high water!! Next weekend I can begin to break and after James is gone, I am Back to extended fasting. I will not do 48 or 72 until I am at goal. Then I might play around with it.
I experienced a weakness this morning and was tired. It’s good that I know about fasting enough that I knew to Ignore it and drink EW. Later in the morning I was back to my normal self. Bob asks me how I am and I say, “Normal” meaning No Hunger, No mood Swings, No anything, Just me. Normal. I was tempted a bit today, He was making my Favorites, but who cares. As soon as I get tempted, I say NO and that settles that. So Cool!!!

1 Like

Day 13… Who’d a Thunk it!!? Been a great day. Back sore from overdoing it in lifting crates in the storage unit. BUSY back-to-back patients and looking forward to Water!! Tons of energy. Every day feels like the last. Food is just Not a Thing anymore. Head is Always great. No headaches past day 3 or4. This could just go on and on except James is coming in and I want to be able to eat with him. So, 1 week at 8pm I break fast.

1 Like

Day 14… Another great day. No symptoms. Went shopping. Will shop next week for something for me, or not. I will eat simply after breaking the fast on Sunday night. Bone Broth. Also, worked outside and inside moving heavy things… canned goods. I don’t expect anything , as to symptoms, for the next week, except weight loss. Down to 10.5 pounds from goal. If it wasn’t for nightly foot or leg cramps, I wouldn’t know I was fasting! Looking forward to the next one after breaking and sharing with my family.

1 Like

Day 15 … Light-headed early this morning. Passed after I rehydrated. OK… 15 Days!! Never Been here before, but I’m Loving it!! My husband just asked when I am getting back on fasting, after our son leaves and I told him Monday, Maybe Tuesday because I have not had coffee with a particular friend since this fast began… not so long ago, July 26!! It’s amazing that so much can be accomplished is Such a Short period of Time!! Who Knew?!! So, I am Looking Forward to the fast After my son goes home!! How Wild is That?!! So, I am excited not only of finishing this 21 day fast, but the next one as well. I will set a Longer goal than I need (it’s good for setting my mind for the task) and go to maintenance after achieving my weight goal . I think the Maintenance is going to be fun Too. I am Looking forward to it ALL!!!