I'll just take a seat here for a while

Good morning!

Today makes 7.5 days left of my 21 day fast.

I am currently 198lbs. Loss of 25lbs total.

Feeling pretty good, however it is still morning.

I had picked up a watermelon on sale this last week and need to make room in the fridge today. Didn’t cut into it. Maybe in 6 days.

There’s a recipe for pickled watermelon rinds I’m curious to try. Will cut some fruit and juice some for icecubes.

Will get some soft buttery lettuce this week.

Looking at making my own protein shakes.

And need avocados too.

If I can restrain myself and have a good steady no junk food or overeating refeed that next week, the prize will be well worth it.

I like seeing that under 200 number.

4 Likes

Ok. Been toggling with this for a couple of days.

Starting to question if I’ve given myself enough refeed time before my celebration weekend.

I want to do the twenty one, however knocking back to 17 would be more advisable to what I’m reading. That would be 9 full days recovery.

I’m unhappy with cutting it short as i feel like I’m losing the progress of the wave I’m riding. At the same time I have company coming and want to ensure not having a bad reaction to the added carbs on the menu (potatoes corn bread). Also planning to slosh a few cocktails down.

This WOE is new to me (or is it a WONE🤣). The fasting part has become pretty simple.

What I’ve learned is if one is doing an extended fast one needs to tack on fair refeed time if one is breaking loose for an event.

Having said that, just peeked at the calendar and next event for me after July 4th is looking like Labor day. That’s a good 2 month chunk which could do a couple of 5-7 day fasts in there combined with that 3:4 time limited thing.

I feel like I’m in the dressing room and can’t find the right fit. I actually don’t like clothing shopping. Even when I’m thin.

I’ve got 3 days to decide so I’m going to let it go for the time being.

4 Likes

I went through the same process trying to figure out what short-term fasting protocol worked for me for my 30-day workout phases. Tried ADF and didn’t worked. Then tried 20:4 TRF 2MAD which does. Just have to experiment. No other way around it.

2 Likes

Good morning and happy day!

Today’s weigh in: 197

Lots of Energy this morning.

Has a follow-up dream about me getting good times in to be an Olympic swimmer. :rofl:

My sister was still alive. She used to be the swimmer in the family.

Well I’m off for a bit.

3 Likes

Hey!

I decided to drop to 17.5 days, but still having an argument in my head about this.

Adjusted weight goal to 196. Today I am 196.5.

Been having urges to puke here and there. Apparently that’s bile and detoxing happening…

I like to play this game with myself. It’s called “If I were dead next week”

Basically, if I knew I was going to be dead next week would I be happy where I’m at today?

It helps me check in and make decisions. In the case of finish the 21 or have a meal with a friend it’s a tossup. Thinking about it, the 21 is more of an ego stroking at this point. I’ve gone this far and I can do it again. I think I have a good jumpstart on the fasting process in general. And I do have to admit I’m motivated to continue into ADF. Need to let it go, then finish and focus on refeed. And be very conscious in future planning.

4 Likes

17.5 days fasting is an amazing achievement. You are right on schedule from my experience. The last 3 to 4 days of a 21-day detoxification starts taking a toll as you are digging into decades-old visceral fat where toxins have been accumulating and contribute significantly to the aging process.

As you say, you’ve learned a lot and know what to expect the next time you have a go at this.

Will be interested in seeing how you fare on ADF as it didn’t work as well as the right fasting protocol for what I’m trying to achieve. I recommend Rachel Sharp’s YouTube channel as she’s been an ADF practitioner for over 2 years if you’re looking for a guide.

2 Likes

@Compdude technically on day 15 before 8pm.

How would I be going to visceral fat when I still have plenty of fresh fat?:rofl:

Saw a “Dr Boz” video yesterday. She basically said if you’re old or diseased you shouldn’t even bother with a 72 day fast or anything longer. What a Debbie Downer. She had some study that showed it took too long to get the HGH going. And wasn’t nearly as effective as in young people.

I need to go stir up trouble somewhere.

3 Likes

Fresh fat hasn’t had time for toxin build up. I’m conjecturing here based on experience from all 4 of my fasts and Dr Valter Longo’s research. I believe once you get past Day 14 you also start digging into the visceral fat besides the subcutaneous fat.

In my 40-day the final week I puked 3 times stomach liquid and immediately felt better. At that time I still had a lot of subcutaneous fat to burn off. In Dr Longo’s research he came to the conclusion that prolonged fasts burn off ONLY visceral fat. I disagree because his conclusion was based on mouse studies. Mice have a faster metabolism and in 4 days of fasting die while we may lose only 4% of body mass. I think the mice burned off subcutaneous fat so fast due to their faster metabolism and shorter life span it may not have been picked up.

Just my opinion as unfortunately I don’t have any peer reviewed studies to back me up here.

2 Likes

Heading to bed, and technically into day 17!

Getting revved up for the bone broth on Thursday.

My Neighbor looks at me in disbelief every day. He can’t believe someone would purposely not eat for days.

He wanted to celebrate with a pork loin but I told him that’s not going to happen this week.

Off to slumber.

3 Likes

Going to need a nap for sure today.

Roughly 32 hours remaining.

195.5. That’s may wind up being my original goal by tomorrow.

I’m feeling great with exception to wanting to regurgitate but there’s nothing in my stomach.

Going to take it easy to not feel the queezy.

I’ll say this much. 42 hour fasts should be a cakewalk after this.

3 Likes

You are doing amazing!

1 Like

@Van it’s completely within my control. It’s a good basic way to restablish confidence - manifesting anything is in my control and I create my own reality.

I’d fathom to guess it’s some of what fuels @Compdude .

I’m excited to infuse some water with cucumber.
Still not big on the flavor of water - but never was.

2 Likes

That’s a good part of it. But, I’m an idealist/artist at heart; therefore, my main motivation is creating a system from my experience and others that can help other people become “medication free” and have confidence in managing their weight successfully long-term.

3 Likes

Had a BM about an hour ago and thought I lost an organ🤣

And apparently Aunt Flo has decided 18 days is long enough between visiting. Was shocked.

Would love an ibuprofen but going to have to wait until tomorrow at 1.

Cut my watermelon up and got it chilling in the fridge. Also made some juice.

Have a shopping list ready for tomorrow morning, and neighbor is going to help me. Was holding off on the lettuce and other fresh produce.

Feeling like I need to go into super lounge mode now.

3 Likes

:joy: Yeah, unfortunately you’ll have more of that type of BM experience as your GI tract gets healthier with more prolonged fasts rejuvenating senescence cells and clearing out the dead ones.

Before I began my fasting journey last year, I’d take reading material or my iPhone in the bathroom. Now I’m in and out like a teenager looking forward to a hot date. That’s one of the unlocked for benefits of the fasting lifestyle. The de-aging of the body.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I have the Obesity Code book by the bathroom. I had to rest after the event. It was draining and exhausting. lol

1 Like

Today ending the weigh in at 194.5. :grin:

Total Loss 28.5

Total time endings at 1pm is 425 hours.

And that’s it! I think 21 would have been 30lbs. Would have should have could have but I had a dream about a lobster boil.

Up early and wide awake. Ready to shower and make room in the fridge for fresh produce. Slip in laundry . My sheets are soaked.

My neighbor is very excited that I’m going to be refeeding and eventually cooking again. :joy:

5 Likes

Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I would recommend Acetaminophen over Ibuprofen as ibuprofen is harsh on the stomach.

Congratulations on your goal :partying_face:

1 Like