I will successfully complete a 7 day water fast =)

Looking forward to starting today =) I’m nervous and excited… I’m glad to be around people that are going through the same program with me =)

Intro
Hello, I’m Adamaris. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I have tried all the popular diets and did do a 3 day water fast successfully back in 2009 using tips from the bloggers tips from fitnessthroughfasting.com. But I ended up still gaining about 10-15 pounds every year. My highest weight was 285 pounds and I am 5’4 so I was morbidly obese (and still technically am, but have a few pounds to make it to JUST obese).

Why
Because I finally have the opportunity to put ME first.

Long Term and Short Term Goals:
Long term goals: To get back to 160
Short term goals: To get as close to Onederland as possible, I’m currently 239.

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past
Mental health due to hormone inbalnace not being diagnosed on time. I have a condition called PMDD. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s basically a severe case of PMS that makes you serotonin deficient due to high amounts of estrogen. And as some of you already know, fat cells have a high amount of estrogen.

** What is your game plan?**
I would like to SUCCESSFULLY complete this 7 day water fast to move onto ADF OMAD style, while eating a KETO diet. I have been doing a Keto OMAD diet, but due to my condition, I go through some really low Lows and feast to “make” myself happy again… in other words, to feel the dopamine effect.

How do I feel right now?
I’m nervous because I haven’t been part of a “group” in a really long time and excited at the same time because of it =)

How will I feel once I achieve my goal?
The main reason I’m doing this is to get off the anti-depressant drugs and to have a “normal” life without the struggle of PMDD. So, once I’ve come to a healthy weight and I no longer have a hormonal imbalance, I know I will feel VICTORIOUS.

Daily Affirmation
Thank you, Higher Self, for the strength and perserverance to reach my weight loss goals!!

4 Likes

Welcome to our fasting community!

Technical note: to keep future entries on this single thread, click on reply in the lower right hand corner.

Welcome! :grin:

Thank you, Antipodean! Have you successfully completed a water fast already or is this your first time as well?

I’ve done a few, the longest has been 5 days, and I’ve just started another tonight. Aiming for at least 5 days again.

Instead of doing looong fasts, I’ve been doing 2-3 day fasts generally, with a couple of 4-5 day fasts as well. Maybe that’s because I’m a wimp, but I’m wary of feeling dizzy or weak, probably because I have epilepsy, so I tend to stop at the first sign of that.

What I’m finding is my health issues are resolving themselves, and my weight is dropping quite nicely - I’m down just over 20 pounds since late April. As someone who could NOT lose weight at all, I’m pretty happy with that :grin: Cheers.

1 Like

So far feeling good today… I’ve had hunger pangs, but nothing I haven’t experienced before with OMAD. I’m hoping tomorrow will be smooth sailing crossing fingers

I hope you received my reply from this afternoon… I didn’t see it here… I’m going to see if I can relocate it if it doesn’t load… I don’t want you to think I’m rude :flushed:

I found my message (I sent it as an email, sorry :flushed:):

You’re a champion!! 20+ pounds!!! #Goals :star_struck: That’s really smart to do short ones and start back up… I may take your lead on that after this week’s water fast! I’ve only done one before for 3 days and that was a STRUGGLE!

Do you follow a special diet with epilepsy when not water fasting? I suffer from dizzy spells due to my monthly visitor, and I understand that’s NOT fun. Better to be safe :blush:

I wish I could stop my food addictions and go Raw Vegan one day… but my emotional eating is strong :woman_facepalming:

Congrats again on the 20+!! Looking forward to staying strong and connected through this water fast, together :hugs: (I’m already feeling the pangs of “hunger/cravings”… I have a doctor appt and passed a bunch of great restaurants :woman_facepalming:)

I’ve successfully completed my first day and I’m down 2.6 lbs–YAY!!! :tada:

3 Likes

Huge progress girl!!! You got this Gigi!!! Let’s get it done!!!

Thank you!! I have to make a correction—it’s actually 2.4 lbs, I can’t do math for shit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: BUT I’M STILL HAPPY :smiley::sunglasses::muscle::slight_smile::nerd_face:

Let’s do this 7 days fasting together. I have being emotional binge eater and faster for a year, and my scale was creeping up. Always done fasting alone and breaking my fast earlier then wanted to and then go into binge eating for guilt. I found Yasemin just few days ago immediately start fasting. Today my 4th day Wasn’t easy, Dispite of I have done longer fasting before. They says every fasting is different. Much be true. I’m glad I have done today as since morning my mind and body was playing up, headache is eased down as might be detoxing I’m sweet junk.Read
others posts and Watched Yasemin’s videos to stay motivated. Hoping to my body getting easier tomorrow.

Wow!! 4 days… I’m now on 3. YES, LET’S DO THIS!!

I was emotionally binge eating before I started the fast. Surprisingly, my weight didn’t shoot up like I had expected but I also live alone now and have to do all the yard work myself. But, I wasn’t feeling good. I’m looking forward to completing this… I’m hoping it’ll kick start my journey to heal…

Thank you for reaching out to me—I’m going to look through other journal entries for inspiration as well. I have been watching Yasemine’s videos and other water fasting videos. So far great information and inspiration :hugs:

I look forward to completing this journey with you and everyone else :muscle::sunglasses:. We’ve got this!!!

1 Like

I was feeling nauseous last night, then really hungry, I drank some water and was fine. The hunger pangs are getting stronger, but about the same when I was doing OMAD…

This morning I’m feeling good/strong. I’m hoping I’ll stay that way :sunglasses: I’ve lost another 1.8 lbs, so that’s motivation enough to keep going!! :tada: image|640x480

I’m REALLY surprised that I felt great today and made it to day 3–YAY :slight_smile:

On day 4, and have to admit that I’m feeling very weak today. I did have errands to run this morning, but I took it slow.

On another note, I’m happy to report I’m down another 1.6 pounds :slight_smile: … Gonna keep the momentum going, just gotta lay down first, lol. Hope everyone else is doing well :relaxed:

I’m feeling very weak and nauseous, but I’m hoping it’s my “monthly visitor”. I did have to give blood this morning… I was a little faint and hungry, but I drank some water with a pinch of salt and felt better. I also took my magnesium and potassium supplements. I’m hoping it will go away…

Looking forward to tonight’s call.

Sorry I had to run from the call last night :flushed::woman_facepalming: (like, literally… :yum:… won’t go into details, but yeah I’m sure you guessed right).

I’m happy to announce that I’m down another 2 pounds this morning, bringing my total to 7.6 lbs :tada:(I tripled checked it because I’m HORRIBLE at math :woman_facepalming:)

My starting weight was 239.6.

1 Like

Is the evening call still happening? I’m trying to log on with no success…

No calls on Tuesdays, got it! …kinda upset, though… was really looking forward to it… Hope everyone is doing AWESOME.

Day 5 feels like a cake walk after my day yesterday :slight_smile: