Electrolytes & Supplements: Water Fasting

Coffee with salt is new to me …Will be trying that first thing in the morning !

1 Like

Hi Guys

I decided to buy for myself some electrolytes to help me with the Potassium and Sodium loss during my 5 days of fast but I am a bit concerned about the ingredients included in the electrolyte pills. I am specifically talking about the ones named: Bulking Agent, Anti-Caking Agents and Glazing Agents. Could some of you take a look in the picture and say the mentioned could take me out of fast during my fasting. I am especially concerned about the Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicone Dioxide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glycerin and Carnauba Wax. I would really appreciate your feedback so I would know if I could use them or throw them away directly in the trash bin. Thanks in advance and wish you all a nice day.

Best Regards,
Stan

1 Like

Hi Stan - the best I was able to find was the unflavoured LMNT packets. it’s just sodium, magnesium, potassium. I was using those when I did my 2-week fast.

1 Like

Great post, following!

Hello.

Where do i go to share experiences? Seems like no catigory fits what i have to say
I am taking epsom salt for magnesium
1/2 teaspoon along pink hym salt sodium chloride. I had golden yellow dirreahia i did research and found that it is undigested fat n food. Now this occurred 4 days into water fast. I have a fatty liver according to catscan. Is this ok ? I am 7 days into water fast. I drink salt water when needed but prefer straight water
I had a coffee now n then as i.am under alot of work stress. I am at least 15 pounds down at this point that said i feel this bowell sytem is good as i am cleaning my liver. Anyway on day 7 moving forward. I liwered quit mag and bowel appears to be normal.

Good morning! This is my first post. I’m not new to extended fasts, but I am here to make sure I’m doing everything correctly.
I do take many of the same supplements. As a matter of fact, I will list them here:

MegaFood Women’s Multivitamin - Multivitamin Supplement with Iron, Biotin, Zinc, and Vitamins C, D3, B12, E, and More - Gluten-Free
https://a.co/d/cGdiV07

Electrolyte Supplement for Immune Support and Rapid Hydration | NO Calories NO Sugar | 20%+ More Potassium, Magnesium & Zinc
https://a.co/d/bk9OvdQ

Nutricost Magnesium Citrate 420mg, 120 Servings (210mg Per Capsule, 240 Vegetarian Capsules) - Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegetarian Friendly
Note: This helps clean the gut of older waste.
https://a.co/d/clwDVwf

I have been fasting for a week now, and I’m stalled a bit. I think I may not be hydrated enough and I may be not getting enough sleep. I will take any suggestions.

My girlfriend just bought and took all of the pills that you recommended and thanks to you she is feeling ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE for the second day in a row. People, YOU CAN’T TAKE MULTIVITAMINS AND OTHER FAT-SOLUBLE PILLS WHILE WATER FASTING!!! She has done long water fasts many times and she’s NEVER felt this way before. Your advice is not only bad but DANGEROUS, and it can lead to serious stomach problems! Please stop spreading misinformation because clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about!!!

My girlfriend just bought and took all of the pills recommended here and thanks that she is feeling ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE for the second day in a row. People, YOU CAN’T TAKE MULTIVITAMINS AND OTHER FAT-SOLUBLE PILLS WHILE WATER FASTING!!! She has done long water fasts many times and she’s NEVER felt this way before. This advice is not only bad but DANGEROUS, and it can lead to serious stomach problems! @Yasemin please stop spreading misinformation because clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about!!!

I use pink Himalayan Sea Salt, Cream of Tartar (100% potassium) and a magnesium pill.
Works like a charm for electrolyte balance.

You can post it in “Daily journal” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and post as many journals as you want!

1 Like