5 days fasting + 2 days OMAD. .

Hi fasting friends,
So, I was wondering. Any of you have experience with fasting for 5 days and then OMAD for 2 days and then fast again for 5 days? I was thinking of doing it, seeing how good I feel at the beginning of my fasts and how crappy I feel after that. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting variation. From what I know from my research and observing others here since the beginning it sounds viable. I think the true test will be how you feel after the 2nd 5 day fast.

How much fasting experience do you have going into this?

I’m asking because I know my body is very different now than when I began the fasting lifestyle back in August of last year. Specifically, its become more adept at metabolic switching and having faster recovery times after prolonged fasts. It’s our body’s adaptability feature to change that makes a repeated process easier and easier.

For example, muscle memory kicks in after doing a repeated training regimen for 6 months. Meaning after a layoff its easier for the body to get back to peak performance with that regimen. I’ve applied that principle to fasting and is the reason I do 6-month campaigns now.

1 Like

Thank you, @Compdude I’ve been fasting for some time now. My first 19 day fast was October 2018. Here is my intro and diary: My Daily H2O Journal

It’s so true, every fast is different. I’m so curious to see what round 2 is going to bring me.

1 Like