My Daily H2O Journal

Intro

Yes, @Yasemin, thank you so much! I’m using your template, and I want to take this opportunity to also thank you for motivating me on YouTube and setting up this forum. You are an angel.

Hi, my name is “Niamel”, and like so many of you, I also struggled with eating since I became pregnant with my first child. Before that I was always fit, healthy and skinny. I could eat what ever I wanted and never had to diet. When I became pregnant all that changed. I gained 35kg (2005)and became very ill, I had to stay in bed and take rest during the last trimester of my first pregnancy. I was young and naive. I listened to the wrong advise, such as “ you need to eat for two now”, and “Milk is very important for your bones”, etc. A day after birth of my first pregnancy, I lost 15kg (water retention), and I managed to loose another 10kg before my second pregnancy. My two children are a year and a half apart. During my second pregnancy, I didn’t listen to other people and their well meant advise and only gained 7kg(2006); all baby weight… Soon there after, I managed to go to my before weight of 58kg. Well, actually when I got pregnant with my first child I weight 52kg and I was 25 years old. A very healthy weight for me at 1,62m. I was healthy and fit again, and I started my own yoga school, which was a great succes! (2010-2016) Then in August 2016 everything changed; we moved to the south (2hours drive) and I had to give up my yoga school, I had to change universities and I had to make new friends. I was a wreck in 2018, overworked, studying, and teaching, and worrying about my autistic son, etc. But I managed to do a 19 day water fast in October 2018 and went from 76kg - 66,7kg. What a difference that made. Refeeding went well the first two days, but I had no clue back then about intermittent fasting or OMAD. So, I just went keto, and gained all the weight back again. I was so sad. I’ve had so many 1 -10 day water only fasts after that, but couldn’t maintain. Then I realized it might be because of the hormones I was taking and I don’t have a gallbladder anymore. 22 April (83,4kg) I went vegan and OMAD, but I still took the hormones (femoston) and when on 15 June I weight 82kg, and didn’t see any change, I decided to stop taking the hormones. I continued with OMAD vegan for another week (while on a little break away to our holiday house) with some cheat meals because I just wanted to taste and have everything for the last time before I started my next prolonged water fast. So on 26 June I decided to go for another, as long as I can, water fast. My starting weight was 82,6kg and I’m on day 3 now, hardest day yet, but this morning I weighed in at 80,2kg. Just another 2kg and I’m not obese anymore!

Why

Oh, man, where to start? I am doing this obviously because I feel sad and I feel depressed and ashamed of myself and just as some or most of you, I used to isolate myself from the people around me because I wasn’t happy with how I felt and I wasn’t happy with what I looked like. I still have so many insecurities, but on Friday, 26 June 2020, I decided it was time to treat my body with respect and take care of my health because if I don’t do it now… I will always feel like a failure and also I really want to be able to get into my bikini when we go on holiday in 3 weeks time! I want to get compliments again, I want to wear all my lovely dresses and skinny jeans, and I want to run the Rotterdam, 1/4 marathon end of October with my proud husband. I want to see my reflection and smile.

Long Term and Short Term Goals:

Short term goals:

• get from BMI Obese to BMI “overweight” (4kg to go)
  • Run every other day
  • 7 day fast
  • 10 day fast
  • 14 day fast
  • 21 day fast
  • 30 day fast (still on holiday)
  • 40 day fast (back home)

Long term goals:

• get from BMI overweight to BMI “normal”
  • get to the 55kg - 58kg goal weight range
  • Run 10,5km by October.

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past

Just like some of you, I used to skip social events, pool parties, beach days, dinner parties, formal events, even interviews because I would have a meltdown while getting ready since nothing would fit and I would feel awful. I would go through my whole closet and all my clothes would end up on the ground on a huge pile with me crying over it and very ashamed. I feel ashamed of myself for doing this to myself, thinking sometimes, why even bother, but I need to admit it here, before I can change my habits and ways. Oh, and don’t get me started on buying new clothes. I can’t remember when the last time was that I bought clothes. I dread going into a cubicle to try stuff on.

** What is your game plan?**

I did OMAD vegan Intermittent Fasting since 22 April, but still took hormones too. But stopped taking the hormones since 15 June, and feel great! My first day water fasting was Friday 26 June and I’m planning on fasting as long as I can, then after my fast I want to continue on OMAD vegan, cause I love it and it’s easy to maintain…

How do I feel right now?

I feel pretty excited knowing that I’m going to reach my first short term goal of not being obese as soon as I weigh 78kg, and to get into a bikini in less than a month. Very motivating thoughts.

How will I feel once I achieve my goal?

I think I will be ecstatic when I reach 55kg - 58kg. I can still remember how I felt before at this weight both mentally and physically so much lighter and happier. Also being able to move so much more gracefully and have no weight issues or health issues. Being able to wear what ever I want in my closet without spending time trying anything on. It’s going to be fantastic and so worth it!

Daily Affirmation

I can do this, mind over matter, I am a strong, beautiful, passionate and loving woman who can do anything if I set my mind on it. I deserve to be healthy and fit. All is possible and I will also achieve my goal weight by September 2020, no ifs ands or buts!

5 Likes

Update day 1-3:
Day 1: 82,6kg
Run 3 H2O start
I feel fantastic, had no hunger at all. So motivated to make this a success. If I don’t do it now, then I will be fat all my life. Today I realized that praying makes it easier. Knowing that God provides and protects.

Day 2: 81,1kg
Still feeling great, so motivated! Late afternoon dip. Kept going. Watched motivational videos for quite some time. Thank you @Yasemin! Needed that, felt a bit crazy and as if I had to eat, but that was just my animal brain while I was smelling the food from upstairs. I just wish I can fast forward to being a healthy weight again and fit into all my clothes.

Day 3: 80,2kg
A difficult day, but I will not give up! Bought magnesium, potassium, and vitamin B supplements. I took a long bath and writing my introduction here. How I wish the time would go by quicker. I’m still going to run tonight.

3 Likes

You’ll succeed due to your experience, motivation and having a plan.

I too rejected doctor’s advice, did my research and developed my own treatment protocol (30+ years in IT computer systems development and software engineering prototyping and 5 years as a Certified Personal Trainer).

When I started I was on 6 daily medications for T2 diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and gout. Down to 1 medication but that’s due to the fact I’m still working on reversing my CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease).

If you’re looking for journals of those who’ve tread the paths you are looking to take I recommend @Anna Daily Journal where she completed a 30-day and she’s a vegetarian. I completed a 40-day late last year. Here’s my Daily Journal of that fast:

S1E3 40-Day Water Fast & Post-Fast ReFeed Journal

Let me know if you have any questions. We are all here to help each other.

1 Like

That’s great! Thank you for your support, I really appreciate that! I am definitely going to read your journal and Anna’s.

1 Like

Day 4: 79,3kg
I can’t believe how fast I’m loosing weight. Today was great. I have so much energy and even went for a run. I love how I’m feeling at the moment. I even prepared dinner and sat down with my family during dinner. I had no food cravings what so ever. I do enjoy smelling their food. That’s so weird. Any of you recognize this?

Not because I want to eat it, but just for the smell of it. Today I Loved the smell of a banana and nuts, but just for a short while, because after about 10 seconds it didn’t smell that good anymore. I know weird, right?

I am so proud of myself today. I was so productive and energized. No food cravings and no bad mood. Man, I hope it’s going to be like this everyday of my fast.

During running I was fantasizing about my body in three weeks time and how I’m going to look in my bikini and how I’m going to feel so much better than before my fast. Also just 1kg to go and I’m not obese anymore.

Such motivating thoughts. I really hope that all of you also have such a great day as I had today. Just imagine how good you will look if you don’t give up. We can do this!

3 Likes

That’s not that unusual. During my 1st prolonged fast I sat at my church’s Thanksgiving potluck and vicariously enjoyed watching other people eat. I wasn’t hungry at all by that point.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one. :blush:

1 Like

Day 5:
Weight:
78,3kg (lost 4,3kg in 4 days)
I can’t believe how quickly I’m losing weight. Perhaps it is because I’m staying active and still run. Since today I’m NOT OBESE anymore!

Energy:
I’m more tired today than yesterday. Yesterday my energy level was a 9 and today, it’s a 6.

Food / hunger:
My family had the most scrumptious meal tonight, and I really felt like eating with them, but I didn’t. Still going strong! I can eat after my water fast. I really want to do a 21 day fast this time. My last fast was 19 days.

Fast forward:
Only 15 days to go! 1/4 done 3/4 to go. :slight_smile:

Motivation:
The best dreams happen when we are awake!
I am only confined by the walls I build myself.

5 Likes

NEW PLan:
Round 1 of 5 Days water fasting + 2 days OMAD

Day 6 (OMAD Vegan)
Weight: 77.6 (lost 5kg)
Energy: I slept well, but have terrible back pain. Today I just don’t feel good at all. My legs feel like lead and I can’t even walk my dog properly. I took electrolytes and Himalaya salt, but that didn’t work either. I think it is a healing crisis I’m going through, but because I can’t even walk, I decided to have an OMAD (vegan) day. Just to get some strength back into my body and perhaps I’ll feel better tomorrow. I really want to keep running! At the moment that is more important than fasting and feeling ill.

Food /hunger: had no hunger at all but decided to eat because of how ill, I felt: OMAD (fruit, salad and vegan schnitzel.)

Motivation:
I completed a 6-day water fast! I know my body and it was time to break my fast. I need to be healthy and responsible at the same time.

Day 7 (Round 1 of 5 Days water fasting + 2 days OMAD)

Weight: 78,3kg (+0,7kg)

That was expected, after eating a meal last night. Felt a bit better than yesterday, but still out of breath when I walk up the stairs and still not feeling very strong. So I had a long look at what my options are. Either I can continue my water fast and not be able to train for the Rotterdam 1/4 marathon or I can go a bit slower with my weight loss and be healthy and continue to run. Well, obviously I want to be healthy so bad that I’m willing to take the long road. This is why I decided to continue with water fasting for 5 days again and then eat 2 days.

1 Like

Day 1 (Round 2 of 5 Days water fasting + 2 days OMAD)
Weight: 78,9kg

Dear fasting friends,

Today is Round of 5 Days water fasting + 2 days OMAD. I am so happy that I am able to write this today! I’ve had so many times that I had a plan to water fast and then ended up eating on that day, but I can be truthful and say I had no hunger feeling at all. I even sat at the table with my family while they were eating. When I still did ADF I was always hungry on the days that I had to fast and then the days that I could eat I didn’t feel like it. I had a run this morning, while at first, I thought I would not be able to keep it up, but in actuality, I ran faster and longer than normal. I am so curious to see what the next 5 days are going to be like. I’ll document it here, so if you are curious too, to know anything, let me know and I’ll document it here.

Motivation:
If you don’t win today, you won’t win tomorrow. You have to win today to win tomorrow!!

3 Likes

Fasting update: I just can’t seem to keep off the weight once I end an extensive fast (21 days plus). No matter how hard I try.

Since Sunday (10 January) I’m doing Alternate Day Fasting and have a fast window of 38-40hours and eat on my eating days 8-10 hours. This is sustainable for me. I have this mantra on my fasting days that I can eat whatever I crave tomorrow. However, on my eating days I have less cravings.

Week 1
fasting days are: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Eating days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

1 Like

It’s a mind flip. Inner brat.

I almost can’t plan fasting. I have to just throw myself in spontaneously. But it’s more than that. I was not fasting much through the holidays. I was struggling just to get some OMAD days in.

Some weight came back, but I was able to stop before letting it get seriously out of control by paying attention to how I was feeling physically and remembering how many months it took to get it down and how good I was feeling about trying on a bikini - even though I had more to lose.

I think it’s ok to have some toggle up and down. Just as long as the ups are not as high as the previous up.

It’s a learning process.

I’m hoping to have a 5lb window, but looking like it may be closer to 10 (when I reach goal area).

Back again! I’ve been Alternate day fasting since 18 December 2021. Only during Christmas I wasn’t too strict. Well at least I haven’t gain anything during Christmas. Which is the first time for me :slight_smile:

ADF is fantastic, only it goes sooooo slowly!!! And I really need a huge weight loss to stay motivated and to gain back my confidence.

Tomorrow morning I will weight inn for my starting weight, but I’m not looking forward to that ….
I can really use a whole lot of support! Please feel free to comment if you want to be my buddy. :kissing_heart:

1 Like