Yasemin (ADMIN)'s Daily Journal (TEMPLATE FOR YOU GUYS!)

Intro
Hi I am Yasemin, and I struggled with eating my whole life. When I used to go for dinner with people, they would feel “full” and finish eating at the table, and I would pretend I was full too so I would pretend I’m full, ask the waiter to pack my food to go, and I would eat it as soon as I got home… It was bad. A series of negative behaviours led me from reaching my highest weight of 225lbs at my 5’6 height which meant I was “OBESE”. I yo-yo’d for years with every program you can think of: Jenny craig, Nutrisystem, Shakeology, working out and weight lifting 2-3 hours a day, meal prepping 5 meals a day like a fitness competitor (which I was not). Nothing was sustainable and I always ended up gaining the weight back.

Why
I am doing this because I felt sad and I felt depressed and ashamed of myself and used to isolate myself from the people around me because I wasn’t happy with how I felt and I wasn’t happy with what I looked like. I had so many insecurities and decided it was time to treat my body with respect and take care of my health because if I don’t do it now… it’s never going to magically happen.

Long Term and Short Term Goals:
Long term goals for me were to get from BMI Obese to BMI “Normal”
Short term goals right now are to get to 135-145 lb goal weight range

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past
I used to skip social events, pool parties, beach days, dinner parties, formal events, even interviews because I would have a meltdown while getting ready since nothing would fit and I would feel awful. Not to mention even going and trying stuff on at a shopping mall in those dim lit and unflattering changing rooms… ugh…

** What is your game plan?**
I did OMAD Intermittent Fasting since June 2018 and incorporated KETO in November 2018. Currently down about 70lbs. My game plan is to start another extended water fast with our October 27th challenge for 14 days, then do a small refeed and another extended water fast and then keep up OMAD + Keto until I reach the lower end of my goal weight of 135. I want to get to 135-145 by January 2020!

How do I feel right now?
I feel pretty excited right now at this particular moment! I’m excited for the October 27th group challenge!

How will I feel once I achieve my goal?
I think it will feel surreal to reach 135-145lbs. I feel like a “weight” both mentally and physically will be lifted off my shoulders. I never used to think I could weigh anything less than 185lbs (borderline obese/overweight) so it will feel incredible and I can’t wait to get there and inspire people along the way!

Daily Affirmation
I am strong, I am beautiful, I am passionate and I will achieve my goal weight by January 2020, no ifs ands or buts!.

40 Likes

Day 1 - October 27th, 2019

Daily Positive Affirmation: I am strong, I am capable, I am excited to get through Day 1!

How I feel today: So far so good! Just woke up, about to get ready, make a video, go to work, and finally flying home this evening! It’s the last day of my 4-day business trip! Can’t wait to be home next to my family and back at making videos!!!

So far so good, Day 1 was busy and went smoothly! :smiley:

4 Likes

Day 2 - October 28th, 2019

Daily Positive Affirmation:

How I feel today:

Day 3 - October 29th, 2019

Daily Positive Affirmation:

How I feel today:

Hi. I came to this site from your YouTube video. Thanks for letting us know about it. I would have started my water fast today but gave in and ate at 4pm. I will try again tomorrow until I get it done. I am so inspired by you guys. I am currently 153 lbs. I went from 105 to 176 lbs so fast and It is now 6 years and haven’t been able to shake it off! Yes, that long! I really want to try water fasting because I have tried everything and it did not work. If I lost a little it also didn’t last. I am 5’3 so the weight is too much for me.

6 Likes

Welcome to our fasting community!

I’m the resident “greybeard” both literally and figuratively since I’m older than dirt and currently hold the record for longest fast at 40 days.

Feel free to ask any questions or :scream: for help if you need to.

13 Likes

Thanks. I almost gave up and thought to accept this as the new me. It is heavy and I feel sick all time. I plan to use this positive environment and change my life.

4 Likes

I’ve been there. A lot of supportive people here. Check out a few of the other members’ Daily Journals. I know most everyone here so just tag me @compdude and maybe I can refer someone to you if I can’t help you.

2 Likes

Hi @Kellyn

I know exactly how you feel! I actually made a video about self-love and giving ourselves permission to lose weight!

Watch these 3 videos if you need motivation to start baby steps to loving yourself and remembering that your weight does not define you and you are not eternally trapped in this body! (I used to think I was)

I am so proud of you for joining this forum :sparkling_heart: We welcome you with open arms and you can feel free to check-in every single day and start yourself a new topic in the daily journal section “create a new topic” like Kelly’s Daily Journal, bookmark it, and answer yourself daily with your daily thoughts, progress, emotions, successes, failures and everything else! You can do this! Huge step for coming here :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Self-Love: https://youtu.be/7udoxFM893U

Trapped in a “Fatsuit”: https://youtu.be/bFLnmHn3vPI

“Big-Boned” is not a thing: https://youtu.be/4SyMFBkz7sE

10 Likes

Hi how can I join you

1 Like

Welcome to our fasting community.

You can continue to post on this accountability thread by just CLICK on REPLY in the lower right hand corner. You can also start your own Daily Journal by CLICK on DAILY JOURNAL under CATEGORIES and start a NEW TOPIC.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

My road block to an extended fast @ 48 hr mark is headache and sleeplessness. Any solutions?

Hey, 40 days is my current goal I was reading that you had stated you had several plateaus. Can I ask you how long they lasted and did you do anything special to get through them?

1 Like

I had some plateau’s on keto/OMAD, and the way I pushed through them is with extended water fasting (similar to the challenge we are doing now!) you’re welcome to join us!

Best way to shake it up!

2 Likes

They lasted anywhere from 1 to 3 days. I didn’t change anything, I had faith in the process and having been a Certified Personal Trainer I’d seen this phenomenon before with clients who went through weight loss. Just stick to what you are doing, the body runs its on its time clock, NOT ours. LOL

2 Likes

Hi I am wendy so i have been doing a lot of research on water fasting lately , and i think this is for me i have been struggling with weight loss for a couple of months and unfortunately my scale stopped working last week and i think this is a sign so i decided not to change the batter cause i am an obssesive weight checker. I can’t really go to a doctor’s office because of the pandemic and all but i have checked all the lists of people that should not fast and i dont think I am one I weigh about 130kg and i am 5’6 so I am on very obese today is hopefully my day 1 in my 30 days goal

2 Likes

How much fasting experience do you have? Have you done keto or low carb recently?

1 Like

I am a muslim so the fasting experience is not new to me and i was on a low carbs diet about 3 months ago

2 Likes

Do you think i can handle 30 days at a time or should i start smalk

2 Likes