Why do you want help with water fasting?

Hi guys and girls,

I’m on day 15 of my water fast and decided to go solo, well the retreats aren’t open anyway LOL.
(just did some bloodwork with GP)

So why are you guys all fasting at home and not in a retreat? What would be the advantages of being in a retreat?

And what are the advantages of getting help during your fast from a 500 dollar per week retreat owner?

Life goes on around me and I’m the only one not eating!

2 Likes

It wouldn’t even occur to me to pay someone to let me fast. I can do it for free at home, and I can make my home into a nice retreat. I’m not sure how a retreat owner would help. I can read and search the internet for answers to any questions I may have. I can make my own decisions about my body. What does a retreat do?

3 Likes

I already live on the beach. I can very easily toss all the food in my house and just put water in the fridge and still not spend what a week at a retreat would cost.

Perhaps it’s for people who need serious supervision. But to me that defeats the whole purpose of learning to do it yourself (unless it’s a medical thing).

Nobody is there to watch you once you go home.

I’m content sharing some ups and downs here and some other forums as support groups. Other than that if I think I need a massage or something I can do that nearby my home for much less. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like