What kinds of drinks can we have?

Are their flavored drinks people can have on this diet?
Like:
Black coffee
La Croix
Celsius
Do people drink these or is it solely just water?

1 Like

Hi! We don’t really know what each other is actually limiting ourselves to. It’s an ongoing discussion. But water fasting is very different from “dry” fasting. I drink caffeinated beverages as I’m a truck driver and absolutely cannot start knotting off. But when I did not work I experimented with no liquid at all and the weight loss was dramatically different.
I’m pretty sure if you drink even water during your fast your weight loss will be effected. But how much? :thinking: You tell us. Please.

2 Likes

Water, sparkling water, tea and black coffee to a certain extent is all ok :pray::sparkles:

Just good to note that those canned sparkling waters have “natural flavours” which could be sketchy too but here’s to picking our own battles!!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::muscle:t2::pray:

My motto is do your best and forget the rest!!

3 Likes

The best way to know is to check your blood sugar after drinking a beverage, if it goes up you can not have it, whereas someone else may be able to.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the responses. I’ve only had hot tea for now and I’m doing okay with that. So far that with my supplements from Yasemins list have been good for me. I was concerned because I’m an overnight worker and thought I would need the Celsius drink, but I haven’t had any and I’m doing good. I appreciate everyone’s advice and encouragement. I’m 3 days down of a 14 day fast and feel strong right now!

1 Like

I have gastritis so I can’t have caffeine or carbonated drinks :grimacing:
I am considering whether to just have water or include herbal teas on my fast…

1 Like