What can I drink during a Water Fast?

Hey everyone!

Newbie here and sooooo excited to have stumbled across this. I’ve been wanting to do a water fast and cure my asthma with water/salt for well over a decade now and as I’ve hit the heaviest weight I have EVER been in my entire life during lockdown for Coronavirus, I’ve decided ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

However, there is a LOT of information on this forum and with the YT videos.

I literally have one of the dumbest sounding questions to start as I have only come across the videos & chats about adding in Supplements. BUT the question is - Is it just water on the water fast OR is Herbal tea (zero calories/sugar etc) also allowed?

The reason I ask is intermittent fasting usually allows herbal tea.

Be great to hear from you all :slight_smile:
Kat

@Yasemin Hello!!! :smiley:
Just wondering when the next challenge is with daily YT videos? I want to do this with your help. I can of course watch older videos that were created but if there’s an end of May 2020/June fasting challenge coming up I’m in! It’s my birthday on 17th June and need to get to a reasonable weight. Currently 206lbs and have NEVER weighed this in my entire life. Goal is the same as yours 135lbs (I’m 5ft6 but my posture has gone to 5ft5.5 boooooo!!!) LOVE YOUR WORK! So glad I have stumbled across you xx

1 Like

My son’s birthday is on June17th too:) A number of us are starting a fast this Monday

1 Like

That sounds perfect! @Tenax
Also - your son is awesome because everyone born as a Gemini on 17th is pretty awesome. I’ve met 2 others (one born same year in the same hospital too strangely enough!)
How long are you going to aim for?
Do you know if Herbal Tea is allowed or is it plain water with supplements/salt when required?

1 Like

He’s very awesome! Yes herbal tea, black coffee are ok

If your focus is weight loss, herbal tea and black coffee w/organic stevia is fine.

If your focus is on cranking up production of stem cells to create new cells to replace cannibalized dead ones in your major organs it should only be water. But, that’s my personal opinion based on a completed 40-day water fast where I became “medication free”.

3 Likes

@Tenax thank you!

@Compdude - Truly sensational advice - cannot believe you have completed a 40 day fast. I want to start out with water only and salt but I may have to curb cravings (food & alcohol) with herbal tea and limes plus any supplements my body requires. I really can’t wait to do this. Gonna be tough!

2 Likes

Potassium & magnesium, besides salt is all you need.

3 Likes

Hey!! Welcome to the family!

You can do:

• Black coffee
  • Tea
  • Unsweetened Sparkling Water
  • Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) mixed in water
  • Pickle Juice
  • Lemon slices in water

For the acid reflux? 1/2 to 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV) in your water will help! Helps curb appetite too!

Some people do pickle juice or add lemon in their water! Can also do unsweetened sparkling water!

Best is to stick to water, kinda resets your taste buds! But if you really want the above are okay!

For supplements you can just add some ¼ tbsp of salt to your water and take a potassium and magnesium capsule if you need too!

I added a quick reference guide to this forum!!

4 Likes

I will have black coffee and any tea w/no calories or artificial sweeteners. Some zero calorie sweeteners will still trigger an insulin response which is what we are avoiding with fasting.

4 Likes

Thats why I use Swerve…cause its a “good” sweetener and I just can’t anything but milk without some sweetness.

I concur. Water fast for medical reasons or autophagy must be water only.

1 Like