Water fasting and use of enemas

Hello, new here. eager to start water fasting for health reasons (not to lose weight, im skinny as it is)
i’m concerned about the need (or no need) for having enemas during fasting.
Is it necessary, or advisable to have enemas during a water fast ?
I can imagine stool hardening as it sits in the colon for long because there is no food coming in, possibly leading to bad constipation. Is this a known issue during water fasting and is that why i’ve heard people speak of doing enemas during a fast ?
also, people talk of doing coffee enemas. why would this be done, anyone know ? thanks

I’ve never done them personally.
Your bowel continues to work because it’s how you remove waste… Cells, fat, toxins from your system its not just for food.
Your stomach can become more dormant depending on what sort of fast you do.
But really everything just slows down, bowel movements during fasts are irregular but you can expect 1 a week on a prolonged fast. But again it completely depends on the length of fast you do as well as the type of fast you go for.

If you take on too much electrolytes your system will flush anyway.

2 Likes

I definitely get constipated. I love starting off a fast with an enema. It makes the beginning so much easier and more comfortable. I’ll also do another later on as enemas usually don’t reach very far up the colon. That being said, many people report naturally pooping a lot when they fast. That has never been that case for me. In any event, I like to recommend at least a preliminary enema. Hope this helps!
Colonics are heaven on a fast too. Such a relief!

1 Like

I’ve personally never bothered or tried, body smart enough to do what it needs to do on its own in my opinion so I just went straight into extended fasting and never had issues with 21 or 30 day water fasts :nerd_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Coffee enemas are used to detoxify the colon and supposedly the liver and gall bladder. I have read about it and have even done it several times but not with water fasting, at least not yet. Here is the site that I learned the info from. https://gerson.org/gerpress/coffee-enema-8-things-you-need-to-know/

2 Likes

Coffee enemas are incredible! I was actually going to do one in the next couple of days. So refreshing and there are so many health benefits. Chamomile enemas are great too!

1 Like