Uncontrollable cravings

Over the weekend I snacked on a whole chocolate slab. and ate peanut butter from the jar consuming over 10 000 calories in 48hours. What can help me suppress my cravings? I am moving backwards after having lost over 20kgs in the last 9 months. Help!!

1 Like

I’d ask the question do you know what was the “trigger” for the behavior?

4 Likes

Good, high fat choices & protein in terms of what satisfies cravings. Carbs simply don’t do cut it. Eggs, cheese, bacon for example are good to satisfy cravings for hours & healthy options.

From a mental & emotional standpoint, it sounds like more important than anything, you have some soul searching to do. If you are knowingly truly eating 10,000 calories in a day & you are not an elite athlete working it off, I am concerned you are really struggling emotionally with something thats the trigger? One of my life altering events that led me to my keto lifestyle, fasting etc, is that I realized I had moved into what I believed to be a dangerous binge eating phase. Fasting for a day, then the next day overeating. I know from my own experience it is hard to apply any better eating practices without self analysis of the issues that lead to the eating disorder.

I am not a health professional. I only share a bit of my own experience as a self acknowledged carb addict & emotional eater.

4 Likes

Take a look at http://neverbingeagain.com. I’m currently reading the free book and find it useful.

2 Likes

The only thought I can offer is when you fall off the wagon pick your self up, dust yourself off and climb back on again. Don’t see it as complete failure, just a temporary relapse.
Give up and your lost.
I am among the best at quitting smoking. Nobody’s better at it than me.
I quit twice a year for 20 years before finally waking away from it.
Sticking with this is a similar process.

1 Like