Starting my 40 day fast

Day 10 completed and my weigh in this morning were as follows
:drum: :drum: :drum:
SW: 118.6 kg / 261.4lbs
CW: 110.7kg / 244lbs
So a total weight loss of 7.9kg / 17.4lbs
In my mind the first 10lbs are not fat loss but water weight, so really I lost 7.4lbs which seems very little no ?!?!? I don’t really know.
Anyways, it doesn’t really matter since I’m not deterred by it at all. The goal is 40days or below the 90kg/200lbs mark if possible.
Today my mind and stomach continued to play tricks to break my fast but it’s as if my mouth is saying NO. I read an article about the true sensation of hunger just before the fast and it says it comes from the mouth and throat and so right now they are both denying food which is great. I hope it continues this way!
Nothing else to report for today so see you tomorrow
Loads of Love
Amy :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Hi Amy!

You will lose an average of half a pound of fat a day and the rest is water. :slightly_smiling_face:

During your refeed (will take 20 days or half the length of your fast) you will go back up in weight - some water comes back.

Refeed is extremely important to study. There’s a section in this forum and some YouTube videos.

If you’ve not seen this, the beginning of this graph is 17.5 days fast, 9 days refeed, and July 4th weekend eating a feast before jumping in to a new fast.

2 Likes

Hi Miramar,
Thank you for the info! I actually thought after the fast I will be gaining around 20-30% of the weight back so I will def bear that in mind and not beat myself up too much when that occurs.
much love,
Amy

1 Like

Day 11 done !
I miss food ! This is def an emotional challenge now. I do not only miss the act of eat but everything surrounding it. Without wanting to break my fast I obsessed about how I’m going to buy the best organic, grass fed chicken for my bone broth once my fast in over in 29 days !!! Silly I know !. :woozy_face:
I’ve also looked at a tone of videos on YouTube on what is good food, good food Keto grocery hauls and all sorts videos on Keto diet.
In the afternoon, the taste in my mouth got really bad and I drank some water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and it seems to do the trick. But I know the bad taste and coating is going to linger for some days and I just hope I will be able to cope as this is my biggest pet peeve on a fast.
That’s all for today,
love

3 Likes

Day 11!! AMAZINGGGGG!

2 Likes

Sounds like the battle begins with the evil feed me gremlins.

I like to get quickly in front of a full length mirror or grab the fat on my belly and tell them to be quiet. And then I slap them off of me and throw them across the room.:joy:

1 Like

I couldn’t have described it better. But that was yesterday, today was like nothing happened ! :star_struck:

Day 12 completed !
Today went by like a breeze. I run my errands this morning, took an hour nap and felt really good.
This evening, I went to a friend’s farewell party and had some sparkling water with some lime ! I thought the night would’ve been difficult but it was great. I had a good time and met new amazing people.
The key for me is really keeping on top on my oral hygiene and not let the foul smell and coating accumulate. I’ve been scraping my tongue thrice a day, using a mouthwash specially for bad mouth odour and adding a little of apple cider vinegar in my water and it seems to work.
I look forward to tomorrow.
Love,
Amy

3 Likes

Day 13 completed !
Today was my laziest day since the beginning of the fast. I slept 12hrs+ and just laid in bed all day not because I was tired but because that’s all I wanted to do.
I also had very realistic and vivid dreams about food and woke up in total panic thinking I broke my fast :sweat_smile:.
Apart from that nothing else to report I feel good and is grateful everything is going well.
See you tomorrow.

4 Likes

13 days is a feat! :smiley:Thanks for your updates!!

1 Like

Day 14 done !
Honestly nothing special to report. The days are starting to look very much alike. I go about my business, come back bing on instagram photos of food without it triggering any feeling of eating. And even if it does it only lasts about a 1min or 2.
I scrap my tongue at least thrice a day to avoid the foul smell but I’m having some mucus accumulate in my throat. I try to get rid of it as much as I can because it does get uncomfortable.
Just a thought …
If the rest of my fasting days are going to be like this then I might as well aim to through October fasting. Wouldn’t that be great ? But let’s make it through September first and we shall have the talk lol !
Anyways, till tomorrow,
Love,

1 Like

I also completed a 17day fast instead of 21 a couple of months back. I struggled with the odd taste in my mouth, which is the only reason I ended
It.
All the best on your 40 day fast.

@Overcomer maybe going through day 17 is the key to it all. There are so many people on this forum that couldn’t get past that fateful day !
The world will be our oyster past day 17. I shall stay strong in 2days :muscle: hahahahaha

3 Likes

Lol. Amen! You can do it.

1 Like

Day 15 completed !
There is a real need for me to stay the course because without feeling hungry I’m getting very intense binging cravings every time I walk past a restaurant, rotisserie, pastry shop etc and especially at night. It’s not hunger but cravings and that shows I’m only slowly breaking my addictive binging behaviour.
Other than that nothing new. Just going about my day although pretty big chances are happening in my life right now. Once the changes settle I will be a new person. :partying_face:

I am pretty tall girl standing at 6’0 / 180cm and carry my weight pretty well so I’m aiming for 185lbs / 83kg anytime before my birthday in February. At that weight I’m a US size 6-8 or UK 10-12 which is pretty thin for a girl my height. So I’m staying strong :muscle:

4 Likes

6-8 US is a very slender frame! You’re going to look like a super model. :smiley:

2 Likes

Amen to that sis !! For now I’m taking it one day at the time.

2 Likes

Day 16 completed ! and I’m 15min into day 17 :partying_face:
But I wonder why I keep doing this to myself - watching cooking videos and food pictures for hours on end in the evenings. I don’t feel the need to do so during the day but the evenings are hard - I guess it’s because my food craving usually happen in the evenings.
I hope they go away soon cuz it’s annoying. Craving food but not wanting to eat is a weird feeling.
Apart from that I’m good ! no major detox symptoms so far.
I’ve been drinking a lot of sparking water with sometimes a dash of fresh lemon and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. It also helps with the foul mouth smell/ taste.
Looking forward to the end of September. In all honesty if all goes well I might attempt to tackle the whole month of October.
And also the government just announced the closing of gyms in Paris so if I break my fast I wouldn’t be able to go to by yoga/ cycling or boxing classes :disappointed_relieved:
Oh well, nothing I can do about that !
Anyways that’s all for today !
See you tomorrow,

2 Likes

Same! It’s a problem for sure.Congrats on getting to day 17. You HAVE to get past it now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Put on some Dr Fung on the youtube!

3 Likes