Starting 100 days fasting ..have u reversed type 2 on a fast?

Today is 1st of July 2022, I am doing an 100 days fast, not telling anyone who won’t understand my reasons plus i am type 2 diabetic and nobody thinks a fast for me is any good. I am just going to watch my sugar levels, and going to allow myself green tea, herbal tea’s, while i fast. I am about 73 kilos ( 160) lbs, wanting to get to 55 kilos (121 lbs). I know this can reverse my diabetes.
I am going to try and walk more and do sit ups with my bench press i got a few months ago and have not used yet. I will share progress pictures. Has anyone done a long fast and had success with reversing type 2? Would love to hear stories of success.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! I reversed my Type 2 with a 28 day fast. I hope you have enough reserves for a 100 day fast.

2 Likes

Thanks and congrats to u too. How do i know if i have enough reserve for the fast? maybe i should do 30 days then see how i go?

1 Like

Generally you’ll lose a pound a day. I wouldn’t recommend a 100 day fast unless you’re morbidly obese. I don’t know how tall you are, but at 161 lbs, 40 days should be enough. I don’t know if you fasted before but here are some tips.

1. Don’t tell anyone because ppl are way too negative and it will drain you trying to explain to them the benefits of fasting.

2. Have a 3 strike rule. Some ppl will try to give you food. Tell them 1. No thanks. 2. I’ll pass. 3. I just want to be left alone. Don’t worry, they’ll get over it. I broke alot of fasts because I wasn’t more assertive.

3. Don’t be afraid to go to the movies or go for a walk. Buy you’re tickets in advance and see the movie without card/cash.

4. Fill up your gas tank and go to work without card/cash to remove the temptation.

5. Don’t go to places where food is served. Go to the library instead of Starbucks (I had to learn that the hard way).

6. When you start losing weight and ppl start asking why you’re so skinny just say “It’s personal” and/or “I’d rather not talk about it”

7. If you feel lightheaded or you’re about to faint/ pass out, take a knee or sit down immediately. It’ll pass. It’s from low blood pressure. Supposedly it’s from getting up too fast but that wasn’t my experience, it only happened when I was already standing up for some time.

3 Likes

Wishing you the best on your 100 day water fasting journey. Take it one day at a time :hibiscus:

1 Like

Very well said my friend, these tips are the best and thank you for sharing em’

1 Like

I like your style lil’ Lady, and I am with you on this. I did a 40-day :kissing_heart: water fast with all of the salts and things and it was brutal, however it was Very, very, very, affective. I have gained some unwanted weight back and I am in need of a buddy to hop on wagon again. Here is to you and wonderful health thoughts for longer life.

2 Likes

Hey there! I would love to do 40 days. Do you think it’s doable while working & in the process of starting school? The longest I’ve done it for was 28 days, but I was at home the whole time, and that was years ago. I’m currently on day #2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Mrs. Bella, May I suggest doing 5 days first then shoot for 10…going hard strait to 20-40 days is noble but your body has to be re-conditioned to do what you have accomplished before…if there is a long dry spell in between fastings and feasting for longer fasting stints. Take it from me, even though I have accomplished 40-day water fast, I am no longer conditioned to properly do a 5-day. It has been almost a whole year since I have done the 40 days and I am struggling to do a 3-day. Listen to your body and know that you have nothing to prove to us…just yourself. I hope this helps you while you are in school because a long stint will be brutal on your body to perform… I wish you good and fruitful goals.

2 Likes

Thank you! I should’ve clarified. I do 3 days fast often, and I did a 11 day fast in February. I just haven’t challenged myself to doing more than 2 weeks in years, but I definitely hear ya. Thank you so much again for your suggestions. I will definitely take it one day at a time. Sending you love & light :hibiscus:

1 Like

Thanks mate :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Somewhere I read a blog post by a nurse who recommended intermittent fasting (and the autophagy from that) as a diabetic intervention. Can’t find that post, read it months ago, yet found this: https://casereports.bmj.com/content/13/7/e234223 I realize that the research subject was “normal weight”, whatever that means, yet it proves the benefits of fasting and autophagy.
Here is an excellent article and a fascinating case study about reversing T2D with fasting:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-reverses-diabetes
I know you can do this, too. Plan what you will eat, such as keto low carb high fat (vegan or otherwise) if you break your fast. Use snake juice or other electrolyte powder in your water when fasting.
I also dirty fast, meaning drink green tea when fasting, and use stevia or nothing (always more powerful) when fasting 16-48 or more hours (sometimes 72).
Also, read this VITAL article on fasting and diabetes written by an MD who is fasting-positive and clearly describes benefits and RISKS:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/intermittent-fasting-type-2-diabetes#4.-What-are-the-possible-risks-of-IF-for-people-with-type-2-diabetes?
Please know that I know you can do this. I have fasted and sometimes stopped and went back to it and am nearly at my pre-pandemic and pre-grad school weight. I had gained 50 lbs and was getting very ill. I have released 30 lbs and have 20 more to go.
I used the free version Life fasting app, Yasemin’s monthly group, a scale from Amazon ($25 or so) that connects with life app, plus the 12 Weeks to Wow weightloss hypnosis app for support (just did the hypnosis before bed). I didn’t tell people who wouldn’t support me, yet I also had the go ahead from my doctor (my illness symptoms were chronic infections, inflammation, brain fog, chronic fatigue, slow to heal wounds, trouble breathing, shortness of breath, etc). I walked for exercise, and I also did inner work for trauma (the rewire program online), as I was using food for two main reasons (that had nothing to do with hunger), 1) to block anxiety and fear and 2) to create fake energy.
I do have to sleep more now that I am slimming down and not using food as a stimulant.
However, I decided that being healthy is so important to me that I will sleep more.
I also read The Plant Paradox about toxins in n certain plants (not for vegans, the MD who wrote it eats meat like most folks, so I follow the parts that pertain to me) and cutting lectins from my vegan diet really made the weight fly off and the inflammation reduce rapidly. Also, I am less hungry as food with lectins in it doesn’t get metabolized properly, so it leaves one hungry all of the time!
What I mostly did was fast 24-48 or so hours, eat one vegan meal usually in a one hour window (though sometimes I ate twice in a 4-5 hour eating window) and then I went back to fasting.
The longest fast I did previously was 17 days, so I am not sure I could do 100 with you.
It helps me a lot to do up to 72 hours, knowing I can then have one meal, then I am able to go back to fasting.
Let me know if you would accept a fasting buddy doing rolling 48s and 72s.
Wishing you much health, joy and success.
Good luck!
PS I almost forgot that I did Inner Child work and also a bit of Moro reflex integration work (from a $4.99 kindle book as I realized my somewhat chronic anxiety was due to an uninterested primitive reflex, just followed a couple of the exercises in the book any time I felt panic) and chewed in a rubber jawzersizer to help release anger.