Smoking while water fasting

Hello guys!
I am in my 6th day of 15 days water fast. I am a smoker for several years. Does smoking have side effects while water fasting? Can I smoke? Thank you :slight_smile:

Welcome to our fasting community!

Technical note: to keep future entries on this single thread, click on reply in the lower right hand corner.

As far as I know, no. However, you are the first forum participant to continue smoking during a fast. Everyone else came to help break their smoking habit. LOL.

1 Like

Smoking can cause acid reflux. Acid reflux can seem to be aggravated during a fast. One theory is stomach acids have nothing to work on during an empty stomach.

1 Like

I too am a smoker.

I’m starting a fast tomorrow.

My plan is to ween back a bit.

I don’t smoke commercial cigarettes - only pure pipe tobacco (roll my own) which has not been chemically treated.

Even still, part of the benefit of the fast is the healing which can occur. Everything can have a chance to cleanse out, including the lungs.

Nicotine absorption while water fasting would be an interesting study for sure.

I’m going to run this by the endocrinologist at the USC Medical School to hear his opinion on this.

1 Like

Hahah lol. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Okay, I am waiting for your reply then.

Yeah, I agree with you. There are not enough information on Internet about this issue

Okay, I am going to search about this :slight_smile: thank you

Hi there,

I’m planning to start my fast in two days.

What did you find out ? And what was your experience like ? Did you notice any long term bad effects ?

Thanks !