Plateau & Water Fast

Hi I’m new here, I’m on day 23 of a 40 day water fast, ive been steady losing 2lbs a day, until last 3 days. . .nothing, nada, zip! Have I hit a plateau? How is that possible with absolutely nothing going in but water? Thanks for any advice.

4 Likes

Body adapts to a constant pattern. To shake it up you could try to do more exercise…even upping your walking for one day can break a plateau. I know logic says being in ketosis, no food in you must lose weight. But, the body is struggling to find its new happy place.

Logic also says you WILL lose more weight so keep it up! You aren’t using anything like sweeteners are you? Except for Swerve & pure monk fruit extract any other ones are counterproductive to your goal.

3 Likes

Hey congrats on how far you’ve come so far!!!

Saw your message this morning, thought you meant overall, didn’t know you’re so deep into your fast, AMAZING!!! In terms of water fasting, always remember that your body is eating up the stores and also healing at the same time! Nothing in = body consuming fat stores inevitably so you are still losing inches!

We have a huge amount of members (including myself) who see massive changes in terms of inch loss EVEN when the scale isn’t necessarily going down! For me it always levels off around day 14-21 ish and barely goes down (sometimes even goes up!) depends on water consumption and time of weigh-in etc. This is why measurements, photos, and trying on a pair of clothing is CRUCIAL!!! :sparkling_heart:

Remember you are decreasing your insulin resistance which will make it easier to lose/maintain in the long run as well!

Trust the process, look in the mirror and don’t focus too much on daily scale fluctuations! :pray::heart_eyes:

Take some pics :sparkling_heart::pray: @JJack

5 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing progress, I would love to do that. The most I have managed is 8 and a half days. Don’t worry about the scales it will even out. You could do a saltwater flush with pink Himalayan salt, it might help to push things along, only do this if you are not diabetic and don’t have high blood pressure. Also, you will be losing inches even when the scales it not moving. Be proud of yourself. How much weight have you lost so far? And how much do you want to lose altogether?

1 Like

So when I got on the scales this morning I had dropped 4lbs! Finally!! I am down 60lbs total from the beginning of fasting. I’ve lost 40lbs on this fast so far. I want to lose 60 more. I only use monk fruit sweetener. Thanks for all the advice gona go for a walk :grin:

3 Likes

Congrats! Is your monk fruit sweetener pure? You’ll know because the pure is in drops or super small amount packets. Most monkfruit because its so hard to measure and to make it more affordable is mixed with dextrose, sucrose etc, the bad sweeteners.

I use Swerve because its pure sweetener, its 100% not insulin reactive and 11 bucks for 1 back in Canada. Compared to pure monkfruit in packets or drops costing 45 to 50 bucks and i can only find in canada on amazon. And some pple have complained on amazon their monkfruit source is selling a mixed product as pure.

Thanks for this post! really helpful, as I also hit a plateau since 2 days the scale doesn’t move. Am now about to start day 13 of water fasting.

could it also be due to female hormones? you know this monthly period we women have to deal with… mine should be just around the corner…

Thanks for the insights, very helpful! I will try to apply your advice today, to walk perhaps about 2 hours instead of only one over lunch…

Hello, 23 days is great inspiration, i was always worried whether women can go that long… whether it would bother their ability to give birth, alter periods cycle post fasting, will decrease libido. But its good to see there are other women here. I am on day 10, my goal is 21 days. Fingers crossed.
I hit a platesu and i will walk longer today.
Also are you allowed to take multi vitamins tablets & biotin while fasting like without food ?

1 Like