Overcomer daily journal

Starting at 12.01am. Let’s go

8 Likes

I actually started at 11.20pm Saturday night.

2 Likes

Day 1 people, I’m excited I do know it will get harder but I am determined . I really want to.be successfull.

2 Likes

Already feeling low on energy. I have just entered into day 2 now. Need encouragement guys.
Well done to everyone doing this.

1 Like

Keep up the good work. The energy fluctuates, so it won’t stay low. You can do this :muscle:

1 Like

Thanks yasmin, I’m determined. I have m.e/cfs, fibromyalgia so energy is a problem anyway. I did an hour infared sauna this evening so I feel like I am doing ok so far. I have 80 pounds at least to lose due to the health conditions that caused the weight gain in the first place. Nothing else has worked so far so keto and fasting it is- I see some results rather than none. Thanks for the encouragements.

2 Likes

Day 2 yah :muscle: one day at a time

1 Like

I started my journey August 9th to reverse my Type 2 Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease and Hypertension. From daily insulin injections and 5 medications, I’m down to only 3 medications. My blood pressure is down and I’ve lost 49lbs. Stick with it it’s doable!

4 Likes

Wow your weight loss Is impressive. How did you lose that much so soon??? Details please.

1 Like

When I began I knew I had to first address the #1 reason people fail at a diet or fast, cravings. I grew up with 2 working parents so I was raised on the SAD (Standard American Diet) and as a result had a major carb/sugar addiction.

I started off with a 14 day Potato Diet. Boiled potatoes (no condiments) and water only. At the end I broke most of my food addictions (still have to watch myself around potato chips LOL) and now I like the taste of vegetables and other healthy food I used to detest. Why I chose this way to start is I could eat as much as I wanted. No hunger and no counting carbs. I lost my 1st 20lbs this way.

The next 2 weeks was Intermittent Fasting and then into OMAD. The one thing I restricted from my diet was all Processed Carbohydrates. An example of a meal was doing home cooked Steak and Broccoli Stir Fry. I lost no additional weight during this phase.

Then I transitioned to Prolonged Fasting with Refeeding breaks. That lasted up until I started my latest 40-day fast. I lost an additional 14lbs during this phase for a Grand Total of 34lbs starting this fast.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much. This is helpful.

1 Like

Fasts ends for at the 7th day mark. That will be Saturday night, I will start again on sunday night for 3 days - going away for a week so I will start again after. Well done to everyone that is still going. This is the first time I have managed to last this long. I have only managed 3 days in the past and that was very hard.:muscle:

1 Like

I have completed my 7 days challenge and had a refeed. I will do a 3 day fast from Sunday night til Wednesday, then I’m away for a week. All the best everyone for doing your best.

1 Like

Congratulations on completing 7 days! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Have a great refeed and I’ll see you in the comments when you start back up again! :fire: You got this! :pray: So proud of your progress!

I lost 9 and a half pounds on my 7 day fast wow!
I’m starting my 3 days fast late tonight. Let’s go:muscle:

1 Like

day 2 of my 3 day fast after refeed. I’m feeling okay**

1 Like

Well I’m on day 3 now so almost done. I will be doing Omad over the next week.

Day 1 of my water fast, feeling positive and ready. Let’s go!

Day 1 of my fast as well! whoopie!! :heart:

1 Like

Great! Hope your refeed went well.

1 Like