On my second 40-day…

Hi everyone! I just started my second 40-day water fast. I did one in 2017, but it’s time again.

I’ve been dealing with perimenopause symptoms and I am hoping that this fast will help my body rebalance its hormones. Does anyone else have any experience with seeing this?

I also had a pretty severe wrist break earlier this year and I’m going after healing for my wrist as well.

And then, of course, all the other things that come along with a long water fast… Getting rid of parasites, rebalancing all kinds of other things in the body, detox… Good times!

Day one, and two were the hardest… Especially because I haven’t fasted at all in 3 years, so discovered I am really out of practice! :rofl: Won’t let that happen again! I’m on Day 7 now so it’s getting a lot easier. I have been having a lot of muscle aches, which I think are electrolyte-based, so I am increasing my electrolytes to make sure that I’m getting enough.

Anyone else on a similar journey right now? At the moment I’m scheduled to complete the fast on September 29th.

1 Like

MountainGirl, can we please be fast buddies?

I am on the verge of permimenopause and feel like I need a reset.

September is a great month to do it because I am not teaching as much at my gym (which has become my excuse to reward myself with more peanut butter than I should…)

I also broke my ankle early summer and was in a boot through July. While I am up and about I also think an extended fast will speed my recovery.

And of course I would like a fat-loss boost for September. I did a 20 day fast in September 2021 and it was amazing. The weather is helpful because I can enjoy both hot and cold drinks which allows more variety.

September is super busy with school and kids sports/events so I am hoping that will help keep me out of the kitchen and focused more on getting stuff done with the time I have, including this fast. I would love to cruise through September with you!

1 Like

Oh my goodness absolutely!! I would love the company! How old are you? I’m 49 (turning 50 next March) :slight_smile:

Looking to start an extended fast and would love the support and to hear of anyone’s previous experiences, both challenges and benefits.

Here’s my fasting history and why I’m wanting to do this fast. I’m unsure of how long I would have to do to get the benefits I’m looking for. I’m mostly doing this for health purposes but losing a few pounds will be an added bonus.
Been IF for about 4 years on and off , done several 5 day fasts and one 13 day fast.
I suffer from mental health issues, depression previously which I’ve totally fixed for the main part but still experience anxiety occasionally.
My mental health issues stem from hormonal issues and low Testosterone and my last episode was when my test was low 9 months ago. I then embarked on a long fast and because I told my doctor I was admitted to a mental health hospital and only ended my 13 day fast in order to get home for Christmas.
In the last 4 months I’ve returned to normal eating and feel like my health has deteriorated again.
My fasting had helped me massively mentally, I reduced my weight from 28 stone to 13 stone. I also fixed a sexual issue premature ejaculation and although that is still much improved I feel like it is deteriorating again.
I also weight train, and have good amount of muscle but can never get as lean as I want too because I feel my training is too intense and my cortisol levels are too elevated.

So looking to improve my mental health, lose a bit of weight and improve my sexual health. I’m resigned too losing some size and muscle temporarily for the health benefits. These are all benefits I’ve received previously so I’m confident I can again. Just not sure how long I’d need to fast to receive those benefits and whether to do one say 30 day fast or 2 14s or several 5 day fasts. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks and much love and best wishes to anyone fasting. :heart:

https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/r9LkfzoMXWoy

Your doing great reaching day seven i can’t manage going past 45 hours. would love a fasting buddy to help keep me focused and on track. I am worried that my sugar levels will get to low, as i am type 2 and my sugars was 6.1 i got worried they get to low so caved in and ate.

Oh! Yeah, I have been under the impression that people with diabetes really shouldn’t fast unless they’re under close doctor supervision because of the blood sugar impact. It’s better for you to switch to a Whole Food Plant Based diet and do intermittent fasting of 16:8 until your diabetes heals up!

I know but u hear stories of people reversing their diabetes ?

Yep! I know people who have done it. Not Type 1, but Type 2 can be reversed by following a plant-based diet. Check out Mastering Diabetes. These guys are awesome.

I completely healed my diabetes through fasting. Can definitely be done. Went from 28 stone to 13 stone. Keep pushing through, your worries are only mental, go with how you feel. Every day, fasting is another day healing and closer to your target. Good luck :crossed_fingers: :heart:

1 Like

Good luck and god bless you to get success on water fasting and all the benefits.

1 Like

100% true proven fact.

1 Like

Day 18 and going strong!!