OMAD Journal - 30 Days

Hello again!

I thought this forum was water fasting only till I saw the intermittent fasting category! Now that i completed a 6 day fast, I’m moving to OMAD + 48 hour fast once a week.

Long/short term goals
SW - 111.7kg
1. 109kg
2. 99kg
3. 89kg
4. 79kg
GW - 75kg
Short term goals are as above. Long term goal is 75kg or lower, 70kg max. I like being chubby lol. I want to fit in to size 14 clothing. I want my shoe size to be 8.

Why
I want to be able to run for a length of time without getting puffed. I want to wear nice clothes and have more options. I want confidence. I want self esteem. I want to date and find a life partner. I want to settle down within a year. I want energy. I want to walk faster. I want to be healthy. I want a bmi below 30. I want to be proud and happy.

Struggles
In the past I have struggled with consistency mainly, I’m very good at motivating, organising and going all out but I set up so much that it doesn’t last more than 2 weeks. This year I have managed to be consistent with water and walking but there is room for improvement. I have yo yo dieted for over a decade plus being on medications doesn’t help. Also, a office job and mainly sedentary lifestyle. I like fasting and been doing it since 2018. I’ve finally got the hang of it and enjoyed doing 2, 3 day fasts and one 6 day fast. I also did ADF for a month. Keeping it going is a challenge. This is what I have to focus on - patience and consistency.

What is your game plan?
OMAD Vegetarian.
Keto where possible.
48 hour weekly fasts.

How do you feel right now?
I feel happy, excited and ready for the next chapter of fasting. I want to get to 99kg by my birthday in September so I’m not too far just 12kg. I love journalling so this site is great for accountability and daily check ins. Also, seeing how others are going.

How will you feel once you achieve your goal?
Wow! I made it! All that hard work, all the years of sadness and shame all gone. New chapter finally. I’ll be so happy, proud, excited and accomplished. Too excited and self esteem sky rocketing lol.

Write down your daily positive affirmation
I am capable, passionate, strong and worthy! I will achieve my goals and reach my goal weight!

Rewards

1. 105kg - Day out with bf, site seeing and long drive.
  2. 99kg - buy evening dress, glam up, go to city restaurant for dinner with brother and sis in law, roof level with city views. Enjoy champagne and nice three course dinner.
  3. 89kg - travel interstate holiday.
  4. 79kg - travel internationally.
  5. 75kg - who knows lol!

So I finished my 6 day fast yesterday. Had a day of food today and starting OMAD tomorrow. I’ll try to eat around 11am-12pm daily. On Thursday 12pm to Saturday 12pm I’ll do my 48 hour fast. I’ll check in here for the next 30 days and update my daily progress. I say 30 to create a habit.

Ok see you tomorrow for Day 1!
Nisha

2 Likes

Day 1 - 05JUN23

SW - 113.4kg

This morning i felt sick I think the refeed from the 6 day fast is catching up. I just wanted to eat at 11am. I had my black coffee but I just had some toast and curry at 8am.

Also, I’ll be doing 30/16 OMAD which is most effective for weight loss read from Dr Fungs website - The Fasting Method Network. Basically it’s OMAD but mixing up the hours. First day 30 hours, next one 16 hours.

So, today started well but had to be 2MAD due to morning sickness. Unfortunately I’m still enjoying the taste and availability of food so I ate again. I’ll be fasting 42 hours from today so eat wednesday midday. I like lunch to be my OMAD hence the longer fast.

Not so great start but I’m not gonna beat myself up. I still made my walks and water.

:white_check_mark:60min walk
:white_check_mark:6k steps
:white_check_mark:3L water
:x:1700 calories
:x:OMAD
:x:10min interval bike

1 Like

Day 2 - 06JUN23

CW - 115.9kg (+2.5)

Just had my one meal, total 878 calories. A little under but I ate a lot in the last two days. Now off to finish my 3L water, 3 green tea, 10min interval bike. Hopefully I lose some weight tomorrow.

For the next week I’ll be doing 23 hour fasts but next week I want to try Dr Jason Fung s 30/16 OMAD which is 30 hours one day 16 the next time.

:white_check_mark:6k steps
:white_check_mark:3 green tea
:white_check_mark:800 calories
:white_check_mark:OMAD
:white_check_mark:10min interval bike

Edit- I’ll be taking off tomorrow I’m spiralling a bit. I’ll restart on Thursday.

2 Likes

Update - so since finishing my 6 day fast it has been a real struggle with food. I’ve destroyed my progress which hurts alot but I can only go forward from here. I’m starting fresh tomorrow day 1. My weigh in will be Sundays as with OMAD you don’t lose weight as frequently as water fasting. So I’ll see you all tomorrow!

1 Like

Hello!

Took a break from fasting but back now. Starting OMAD 30 days from tomorrow. Look forward to carrying it out this time :crossed_fingers::+1:

Been a tough journey this year. I started determined on Feb 1st. Did ADF for 1.5 months. Then may was total off. June I tried with extended fasts. Now I’m here going to try OMAD. I have to note to myself. I believe I’m trying but now, I think I’m not. Trying Is when you really push yourself and out there. My fasting attempts were solid but my eating and exercise not. So from tomorrow I’m going to honestly try and push myself on both fasting, food and exercise.

Goals
:eight_spoked_asterisk:30min cardio
:eight_spoked_asterisk:5k bike ride
:eight_spoked_asterisk:3L water
:eight_spoked_asterisk:3 green tea
:eight_spoked_asterisk:OMAD
:eight_spoked_asterisk:1300 calories

Let’s go!

See you tomorrow!

1 Like

Day 1 - 17JUN23

Today has been great, I stuck to my plan and ate my one meal in an hour. 1300 calories. Now off to complete the rest of my goals!

Day 20
:white_check_mark:30min walk
:white_check_mark:30min bike
:white_check_mark:5.4km bike
:white_check_mark:1300 calories
:x:3 green tea

I’m going for a weekend getaway so counting down the days!

1 Like

Day 2 - 18JUN23
SW - 116.7kg

Yesterday went great and I’m down 1.3kg. I’ve finished omad for the day and will complete my goals.

Day 19
:white_check_mark:5.5km bike
:white_check_mark:2 green tea

Happy today! Had tablespoon of soup at dinner though but not bad!

1 Like

Day 3 - 19JUN23

Avoided eating out this morning, no coffee even though it’s freezing. Can’t wait to eat!

Day 18
:white_check_mark:5.4km bike

Another solid day! I have to stop but I ate one kernel of chilli corn an hour later :expressionless: again less than 5 cals but breaks a fast :disappointed: I’ll be more disciplined going forward :slight_smile::grin:

1 Like

Day 4 - 20JUN23

Going strong! Had a pizza roll today for a change, still within calories so happy about that :slight_smile:

Day 17
:white_check_mark:5km bike

Another day down! Let’s go midweek! Avoided food! Didn’t break OMAD! Win😄

1 Like

Day 5 - 21JUN23

Woke up 5am, kind of hungry decided to eat three hours earlier. Went over calories, not happy. :disappointed:

:white_check_mark:4km bike
:x:2000 calories

Couldn’t do it today…will try again tomorrow! Yesss I made the exercise!

1 Like

Day 6 - 22JUN23

Work days are tough for me. I’ll get it right next week. Not good ate a lot coz it’s cold. Lost my rhythm today. I’ve started a 3 day fast from tonight. Will finish Sunday night!

:x:30min bike
:x:5km
:x:3L water
:x:2500 calories

:neutral_face:🫢

1 Like

Day 7 - 23JUN23

First day fasting feel tired and bored. Will take break from bike next two days. Focus on remaining goals!

Ate at 24 hours. Omad at least

1 Like

Day 8 - 24JUN23

Went shopping, couldn’t resist junk but was OMAD.

Will start again tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 9 - 25JUN23

LW - 116.7kg
CW- 116.2kg (-0.5)

Happy to have lost 500g. Really thought I’d ballooned to 118 given the last two days. Very pleased.

1 Like

Day 10 - 26JUN23

Starting again, been a rough few days.

:x:30min bike
:x:5km bike
:white_check_mark:Omad
:x:1500 calories

Will start tomorrow!

1 Like

Day 11 - 27JUN23

Planning two day fast starting now. Will do my other goals too.

1 Like

Day 12 - 28JUN23

:x:45min bike
:x:7km bike

1 Like

01JUL23

Heyz, it’s tough doing omad. It really is. Great on paper, consistency is hard. I’m going to try again. I have 13 days to my getaway. Want to lose 4kg at least. Let’s go tomorrow!

1 Like

Day 1 - 02JUL23

1 Like

Update

I have a weekend getaway next week so plan to do a 3 day fast possibly 7 days. 3 days minimum. It’s not a water fast as I’ll be having ACV to help with nausea. Last time I got bad nausea and ended day 6. Will start Friday!

1 Like