New fast with a question

Hope everyone is doing well. So I have been IF for a while now off and on, but recently decided to try water fasting. I started my first water fast last week and did 48h. Aside from hunger (which wasn’t too bad to be honest), I didn’t really feel any different except for a very very very mild headache that lasted about 3 minutes and towards the end of my 48 hours i started feeling cold. Anyways so i broke that fast Saturday evening and ate. After which I started again. I have been fasting now for almost 4 days with nothing but water, and my hunger levels are abysmal at best. Aside from that, I literally do not feel anything different. I don’t feel tired, I haven’t felt sick or anything. Is this just me? I have seen many youtubers talk about how by day 2 or 3 they were feeling awful. Just wanted some opinions on the matter. Thanks.

Lucky you ! Sounds like your body is fat adapted.Your body switches to using ketones for fuel easily without the negative side effects of someone coming from a carb heavy diet.

1 Like

Hmm, ok interesting. Thats good to know, although I personally wouldn’t consider myself to be “fat adapted” lol, but I guess the body knows more than i do. I’ll just keep monitoring and see how it goes. Thanks for the response!

1 Like