Need encourgemnt- lost motivation- what are the benefits apart from weight loss

What does it do for your health- all I have felt is pain? I don’t care about weight loss! I need to know what else it does. I am loooking to do this frequently…what else has is done for you??? nice to lose weight but that’s not why I did it. I have very poor health.

Hey how are you getting on? I’m doing my first 40 day fast - day 1 done :heavy_check_mark: I love fasting when I get into it. I haven’t succeeded doing anything longer than 7 days this year but I’ve done several extended fasts 10/25/23 days over the last 3 years.
This time I’m going for 40. I know to expect good days and bad but I also know that ultimately our bodies are designed to do this. I have seen my skin glow, scar tissue and moles shrink, hormones normalised, anxiety and depression disappear from fasting. I can only imagine the internal benefits.

4 Likes

wow I am blown away. Really you have done amazing. I am inspired by you. To be fair the fact you have done this several times. If you could kindly stay in touch. I hope to make this a permanent lifestyle. This is just the start. Mine has been very painful. I cried the first few weeks. One day I thought I was going to die lol. Day 32. I really struggled with it. The frustration you go through. But there has been good things too. For example I suffered so much it made me really grateful for the really really small things like breathing. I feel truly blessed for life. You got this. Let us definately stay in touch. After mine is over am doing a refeed and then going again onviously a little different x

1 Like

How on earth…where do you get your patience from…am just angry with life…am losing my patience. Day 32 and i just feel like killing someone ( not literally) obviously I wouldn’t hurt a fly but you hear me right? Help!!! How do you do it…we need the patience of a saint…i keep seeing no everywhere I look…people are very difficult as they are…that is human’s…sometimes when i want to break my phone or throw my laptop out of the window…i need to stay calm…but am not a calm person. I do understand there is no excuse. sorry i did tell someone and they said to me tough luck…that’s life…someone else said don’t complain…wow do you have any tips…i just want to explode from inside…from the outside i look cool but really am not …there is a fire burning and it is getting harder by the minute…i do believe there is a god…that keeps me going when i want to bang my head against a wall…the word no and rejection is a part of life but how many no do you take without losing hope…urgh i pray god gives me patience.

hope it is going good for you haa haaa!!

I get that feeling of rage too. Usually it’s because I’ve allowed myself to be taken advantage of in some way and I feel trapped. I’ve been working hard to stop trying to please others and use my voice. I’m not sure people enjoy me being more direct, but I’ve learned I can guarantee my own peace by speaking out.
Do you know what the cause is? Day 33 is deep into a fast and you may be purging some emotions. Let them out. Punch a heavy bag if you are up to it, or if you feel ok to drive, go for a long drive, and let just scream as you drive.
As I tell my boys and husband all the time: emotions are energy, they don’t disappear, they only transform, they can’t be ignored, they need to be recognised, honoured and managed.

1 Like

can your teeth get worse? I had a problematic tooth which was half broken but apart of it chipped off and now am worried about the nerve. I thought fasting heals the teeth? The trouble is I don’t agree with tea and coffee which sucks the calcium from the body. I am getting zero nutrition other than tea, coffee. I should be taking supplements but I forgot to over the last week as I struggle to swallow. what do i do now? break it?

in fact i would go as far as saying am under extreme distress that I doubt anyone would understand. stress sucks the nutrients out of your body. I really wanted to get to 40.

Google and YouTube are great resources for all your questions !

You’ve done great and know what you need to do and what is right for you.

:sparkling_heart::pray:

hang in there @daybyday! you can do this!

how about some meditation? there’s a free-ish app called headspace, maybe you’ve heard of it already. the first 10 lessons are basic and that’s all you need to learn how, in my opinion. i’ve been using it on and off over the past year but i find i’m more calm on those days i do practice it.

i know it’s not fasting related but it could help on those trying days during a fast.

I’m also doing this for health. @daybyday