Miri’s daily journal

I guess I’m in it in a different way.

My goal is to get into all green numbers on my Renpho scale. Meaning healthy BMI, healthy fat percentages etc. I don’t really care about the number on the scale as much as in having a specific goal weight.

However. I do have a specific target weight because I placed a health wager that will be finished the 3rd of April meaning I have to do a weigh out in the two weeks before that date, being at or under that target weight.

2 Likes

Having been overweight my “whole life” (I started my first diet at age 12, because I felt too big, how sad is that?!) I am having a hard time believing I can be a healthy weight.

When looking back at pictures, I certainly was not obese or anything near!

But my mom was always dieting (even when normal) and my dad was always commenting on “fat cows” so that is what I was taught.

it wasn’t until I was in a bad relationship with a very jealous guy at age 26-27 that things really spiraled out of control and I passed the 100 kilo mark and went up from there.

At one point as far as 142 kilos.

So you can say that after 20 years of being over 100 kilos:

My body really desperately needs to heal.

My mind needs to heal.

My soul needs to heal.

This is exactly the reason why I turned to fasting and carnivore. I want to feed my body the moments that I’m eating with the most nutritious foods that is bio available to my body and at the same time stop feeding it non essential carbs that spike my insulin levels.

Through the fasting I hope to heal my insuline resistance, and take advantage of all the healing aspects that fasting brings about.

15 hours into this new open ending fast.

3 Likes

Best of luck healing.

I really recommen doing yoga at home to videos on YouTube. It has helped me so much emotionally. And sometimes I feel like I might give up on a fast, I do a relaxation yoga and I get past the feeling of wanting to give up.

2 Likes

Great idea!

But at this moment I don’t think it is really something I could do consistently, having a 21 month old boy at home 24/7 …

I am already glad if I can take a shower on my own anything longer than a few minutes :joy:

And yes, it is all about priorities, I know…

Maybe in a few months, if he goes to kindergarten (:crossed_fingers:IF kindergarten is open again at that point…)

1 Like

He might follow your lead or be happy playing with you just in the room… or even after he’s gone to bed. It sounds like you have all the motivation to make this work for you and a great mindset and solid reasons to approach it by, were all behind you x

Yoga is actually one of the things you really can do with a baby or young child. My children loved it when I got down on the floor with them. Get him his own mat and have fun together.

1 Like

How are you doing? Are you still going strong and on day 6?

I stopped and started again and stopped :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Seems like the more I plan, the more I overthink :sweat_smile:

But thanks for asking!

At present I’m 51 hours into a new fast. and I already told my husband I was not going to eat tomorrow so that is settled as well :clap::clap:

Now I just gotta make it through the weekend.

This time I have my fasting salts handy and found that salt under my tongue is a real game changer when I am hungry!

2 Likes

Well done! :blush::+1:
Any fasting is bettee than none. I think you’re doing great. Remember not to let perfection become the enemy of progress.

Today was not a good day for my eating… But all I can do is move on and do better tomorrow.

Good luck qnd keep us posted :smile:

2 Likes

I made it to 66 hours, breaking my fast at lunch yesterday. Even though I told my husband I would be fasting through the weekend.

I weighed myself on Saturday morning and was 104,5. Lowest weight since the birth of our son :clap:

When I got down to the living room yesterday, they were having fresh fish and there was a lot. So I decided to sit with them and have some as well. For dinner I made us chicken liver salad and now I’m 10 hours into a new fast, hoping to make it through today :sweat_smile:

Weekdays are always easier!

2 Likes

Been able to skip b fast and lunch. Now all I need to skip is dinner tonight and it will be smooth sailing to tomorrow.

Monday would be day 2
Tuesday day 3
Wednesday day 4
Thursday day 5

If I can make it through to Thursday, hopefully things will get easier.

I am determined to get well below 100 kilos before breaking my fast. I CAN do this. And I want to break through that invisible blockage around the 100 kilos. Really get below that before March.

My husband is not really on board with me doing EF. He raises his eyebrows when I say I’m not having dinner. And says stg like “if you believe that is a good idea…” but with a look that says no good :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Oh well. We Will see how far I get to go with this fast :joy: or the next or the next or the next or the next :rofl:

Btw, haven’t had coffee in 5 weeks and pretty glad that is over and done with! Water and tea for me!

2 Likes

Kicking coffee is like quiting smoking!! It’s an addiction like no other, triggers all the same parts of your brain as hard drugs… If you have kicked that And got below baby weight you can absolutely OWN 99.9!!!
Let the husband exercise his eyebrows haha
Your doing everything safely, electrolytes, still feeding around your life and not letting it control your choices. It is just your choice for now to achieve something you want.

(I now have cartoon people in my head with sceptical eyebrows as they make sandwiches :joy: surrounded with burlesque dancers)

I kicked smoking (11 years ago), Diet Coke (10 months ago) and now coffee (5 weeks)

Up next my sugar addiction which is my last substance addiction I want to beat…

Here’s to beating the crap out of it through fasting :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Made it through my first Sunday fast.

Off to bed now, and hoping to keep going tomorrow :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

Ah and a pinch of salt under my tongue: game changer big time! :clap::clap::clap:

Hunger disappears like snow in the sun.

3 Likes

6 am. 33 hours in on Monday morning.

And while I am listening to the sound of breathing of my son who is lying next to me, I suddenly realize it is impossible for me to imagine how I am going to be with 25 kilos less in my body.

I have read so much about the power of imagination. Telling yourself you are already at some weight. Visualization etc.

Well guess what.

After 20 plus years of weighing more than 100 kilos, I just sincerely cannot imagine what it would be like to weigh 90 kilos again. Or 80 or 70!!!

But guess what I will start telling my body?

Show me what you got! Come on, I dare you! Surprise me!

2 Likes

You will get there!

Don’t be surprised when it takes longer for your brain to catch up with your body after losing a bit more.

2 Likes

57 hours in

2 Likes

70 hours and in about 2 hours I will be in bed :joy::joy::joy:

Having a bit of a headache at the moment so gonna up my electrolytes and drink some more.

Hopefully day 4 will be better… although I am suspecting it will be worse :confounded::confounded::confounded:

2 Likes

80 hours in and in a bit my little boy will wake up again. Enjoying the peaceful sound of his breathing right now :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

This is starting to look like my longest fast so far.

Still too far away from my goal to quite :joy:

2 Likes

You are doing great.

Fasting is hard this time of year (I just want to hibernate :sweat_smile:)

1 Like