Miri’s daily journal

You are a goddess a supreme being! I bow down to you! (I can give up almost anything- not coffee)

Day 6 today! :muscle:t2:

And it sort has become an non-issue. The only moment that I feel like a cup, is when my husband makes one for himself and I smell it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

No need to bow, this is proving pretty easy so far, I have a harder time giving up all carbs!

1 Like

So here I go with my journal @Yasemin

I find writing down my thoughts is better than typing them on my phone…

I have finally come to some sort of schedule that I am going to try:
Monday: fasting
Tuesday: OMAD (dinner)
Wednesday: fasting
Thursday: OMAD (dinner)
Friday: fasting
Saturday: OMAD (dinner)
Sunday: OMAD (lunch or dinner)

Meals will be 100% animal based, no carbs, no processed foods, no calorie restriction.

If I want to do OMAD on Friday because of some dinnerparty or whatever, I want to do an extra fast during the week, before the social event.

If I notice I am not hungry when it is time for my OMAD, I will just continue fasting but not push it. Just listening to my body.

I am going to weigh daily on my Renpho scale and measure bi-weekly with my Renpho tape to keep all data in my app.

I am not going to worry about not losing weight one day or even going up, but I do want to be able to stop a negative trend when I spot one, taking action as needed. (In other words, revisit what i am eating etc)

So I already messed up my own schedule

I started fasting Monday evening after dinner instead of the evening before, but the good news is that I am actually still fasting, 57 hours in now and ready to start a new day in a few hours :joy::joy::joy:

And now that I am 57 hours in, I’m going to try and continue to dinnertime and decide at that point whether I am skipping that or not.

3 Likes

Damn, I’m struggling.

I really really want to go down in weight. I want to beat my sugar addiction once and for all. Really want to break through this magical threshold of 100 kilos but still 8 kilos away and sick and tired of being stuck in this 100-110 maze.

Been going up and down these past months, closest was 104 but then Xmas came round and I totally lost it again.

So now I am here again. Down 2 kilos. But still so far away from my real goal.

This Sunday my hubbies boss and his girlfriend are coming for lunch and I am still doubting whether or not to eat lunch with them. Not eating lunch with them would be really really awkward seeing that is the reason they come over :joy:

So for now I have my timer set to fast until lunchtime on Sunday, keeping in mind that I get to go back to fasting on Monday.

Hoping I can go to bed soon so I can add at least another 11 hours of not eating to this fast :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Another day has passed and I’m still going, about to go to bed so no chance that I will break my fast tonight :joy:

This is the longest I have gone so far so pretty happy with that.

Apart from some hunger pangs it has not been too bad, but very interesting how my mind can make me go round and round in my thoughts.

I hope to make it to Sunday lunch without breaking my fast. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Well done on getting this far. Sunday is a good goal :grin:

I’m new here and I have enjoyed reading your journal. And I look forward to continue following you.

1 Like

6.30 am, almost starting a new day. I am really excited that I have come this far so far. Going to just see what happens today.

If I do decide to eat, I will stick to carnivore, avoiding all carbs at the moment.

Decided I will participate in lunch on Sunday
(Spanish ham, shrimp and avocado salad and beef carpaccio) and then start a new fast which hopefully will be even longer.

1 Like

I just weighed. After 84 hours of fasting:
SW Monday evening: 110.6 kg
Tuesday morning it was 109,1kg
CW Friday morning: 107.2 kg

Seeing these numbers inspire me, they show me I CAN do this.

Also, I’m still not drinking coffee, no alcohol and no sugar.

Breaking my sugar/carb addicting is key for me.

My absolute main goal.

I want to nourish my body, heal, and make it stronger.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You really are doing amazing, well done for sticking to your aims :blush:

2 Likes

I think you are right to be very mindful about cutting sugar.

I find it much easier to fast when I stick to low carb eating between the fasts.

You are doing great. I look forward to see you get below 100 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I WILL get there!

My plan right now is to fast at least until I get below 100 so right now my timer is set to 21 days.

We Will see how far I can get :joy:

Good luck! I’ll be cheering for you.

1 Like

And back on the road again :joy:

I lost almost 4 kilos since the start of this year. Somehow, that does not feel like a lot because I am so far off of where I want to be.

But I’ll take it. Better than gaining almost 4 kilos :joy:

So now I am 1 hour into my next fast. I never fasted on Saturday or Sunday, so this will be a first.

If I can make it through the weekend, I might actually be fasting for a longer time, cause the harder days will be during the week when I am busy with my little boy. Hopefully that will keep my mind off of food.

I received fasting salts this morning so I am all set up to do a longer fast…

3 Likes

Much as I whined about my fasting salts to start with… Now I’ve figured out how to use them properly they have completly changed my fasting experience.
Struggling to get the balance right with bicarb, salt, magnesium rubs, Epsom salt baths last year was just so stressful. This year I just drink as much of lemon and ginger with 1/3 of a scoop of the fasting salts as I need. If I get light headed I get another one.
My stress level is much lower. I hope you find them as benificial

3 Likes

4 kg in less than a month is definitely a accomplishment worth being happy about. Well done :+1:

I am excited to see how your planned longer fast goes. Best of luck :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

That is exactly why I got them! I got capsules instead of the powder, but I guess they will do the job in the same way!

Just trying to make it as easy as possible :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

I really want to get through those first 5 days first and see how far I can take it then!

2 Likes

Setting achievable goals that still create a challenge is all part and parcel of this journey.

Best of luck, were here for you anytime you need us :blush:

1 Like