Melly's Daily Water Fast Journal

Ah Melly I am telling you, you made it and so did I. Rough night last night I went to lie down (v bad idea) and I have thing where I have to get up brush my teeth otherwise I get v upset lool! and double check everything, I was so tired and angry I cried for ages, then weirdly once I lied down I simply could not get up, I hope you don’t get taken advantage of when your body is weak because some people may do so! I ended up not being able to sleep for half the night. I tried sleeping yesterday for simply one hour again no luck! I got really annoyed at 4pm thinking about my goals but hey I have good news I pledged to myself I will do this if it kills me! so I just prayed a silent prayer god finds me the answers and phew day 15. Woke up, very unideal as barely got any sleep but as you said we are stronger than we think. Come hell or high water we will achieve our goals. Once this is over would love to do it again and would looove! to do it with you again and keep doing it because we fight back and that’s what we do :slight_smile: I am already hoping to do this again and I am VERY! glad we met! :slight_smile: Day 15- I am humbled to still be doing it despite some v v v tough challenges, I am so glad you got through it too. We will get there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am already looking forward to the next one and would love to do it together. I only hope we stay in touch. You are amazing. I have plans to always do this. It saved my life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love your post. You literally made me smile. I am so excited for you :slight_smile: sending much love your way, blessings and hugs. Sorry it was rough. Trust me it is but sooo worth it. I know you got what it takes. Tell me about it. One of the hardest things I have ever done but you know what it makes you realize a lot. You grow as a person, you learn, you want to be better. It is good! Yessss I love it. Day 15 going to do it…exactly. God knows how but yes looool day 15!!! awww yes walking is a big deal for me as it really has taken it’s toll but you are right I need to drink more water. Duno am not a water fan. I should be grateful for water but I prefer like exciting drinks. I will do that though. I know you should.

1 Like

Yess! so I agree with you! I think walking 5 minutes is better than nothing. Even moving about at home is good! we must go easy on ourselves because it is very very hard. I like that. I am going to aim to do short walks each day. I sometimes panick thinking am going to faint which is ridiculous as i have done this before (but shorter than my goal of 40-50 but I was travelling the whole day I was running around like crazy and I was fine! well I wasn’t fine but hey you know what I mean lool!

1 Like

yesss you made it to day 6! woohooo! go melly!

I love that you are feeling the presence of god. Much respect for you!

It looks sooo much fun :slight_smile: Dancing is the best ever invention on the planet.

Yes if I feel down I used to dance, it is a brillant brillant idea!

Your gratitude list is the best. Thank you for sharing it.

Sorry about your dad. Bet he is looking over you so proudly. May his soul rest in peace. I wish your family all the very best.

awww that’s lovely re your sons! There lucky to have a cool mum :heart:

Tell me about the travelling thing…it is hard especially when your already drained to the bone!

Love what you said about your mum. They are the best!

It sure is. Man the most important thing at the end of this, is we keep it the same way, don’t know what I’ll do if it comes back, I mean after all that pain! just wow that would be interesting!

amazing video.

Blessings to you too :blush:

1 Like

Hi there. I have been reading your posts and they made me stay in my day (my third) stonger. I already did water fasts in the past, my longest was 14 days, and this one is different. No pain, no head aches, just some diziness and really bad breath (hope my spelling is ok, i am portuguese). Till now no reflux or heartburn, wich was the main reason i quit in the past. I am worried if tomorrow my diziness is here because i have to drive. I have been taking sea salt and eletrolites and some coffee, herbal tea and water. No exercises yet. Ah, and a little sun in the morning with my praying.
A good day for you, keep strong!

1 Like

Hi Melly. I am practising self discipline and pleased to report I made some improvement today. I realized the not walking was in my mind. Mind over matter. I did just fine. I power walked. Told myself tough luck your not an invalid get up and move. I managed to get myself out and did what I needed to do in front of the sun which helped the horrendous feeling from within. It really did. Currently being hard on myself. I need to work on my discipline, time management and decision making as well as keeping things simple. I am working on prioritizing what is most important. I have my moments where I get very very very tired and slip during weak moments but there is no weakness! I think it is all in your head quite frankly. Yes I get tired but I still walked a lot more than normal. I am trying to identify where i am going wrong. You are MUCH stronger than you think and m learning. I can’t is ridiculous. I did today. I think I want to get tougher and work on my weaknesses. You can always do better… Onwards and upwards. Now is time to change and grow!!!I am at breaking point as I type this but I know I will be more than fine because i proved today it’s all in your head! still get dizzy so need to top up on salt. Can you remind me what to do re dizziness? Is it salt? How are you getting on? Melly!!! day 16 tomorrow. bring it on…this is getting reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!! Much blessings…here is to a better version of who we can become!

1 Like

You tell yourself. Like I keep saying my body is weak. It is not. Stronger than ever we will do this :slight_smile: come on melly!!!

1 Like

lololololol. So funny that you mentioned the next one because I was like, nope can’t do this again for a looooong while. lololololololol. I plan to incorporate a 24 hour fast in my schedule each week which is 4x for the month. What do you think about that? I feel that will be SO MUCH EASIER than the longer fast and gives the body time to rest weekly.

Yes, we can absolutely plan the month out and stay connected for accountability. It is necessary!

Fazinha,

That is AWESOME!!! YOU GOT THIS! Now, stick to your program. LOTS of WATER, PLEASE. If you want some flavor try the AHA or La Croix sparkling waters. This will give you some variety.

I am glad I can be of assistance, I will push you along and encourage you and Sarah the best way I can. Having a community and working together is really important. It keeps your momentum going. Please continue to dialogue back-and-forth with us.

Remember-Without struggle there is no progress! Nothing comes to us easy. WE HAVE TO WORK HARD TO GET IT! #StayStrong :heart: :droplet: :pray:

Blessings,

1 Like

Sarah (Do I have your name correct?),

Thank you. I appreciate you. I appreciate your kind words about my dad. He meant and still means the world to me #DaddysGirl.

I was supposed to travel but I just can’t do too much or be around a lot of people while going through this process. It is just too much for me. I am very protective of my energy. So, I do what is necessary and that is it. Once October rolls around, then I can venture out more but right now I am pretty selective.

Day 7 -WoooooHoooooooooo!!! I am finally feeling like a normal person again. Whew! My personality was going through some dark days. lololololol. I just felt so blahhhhhhh. That shift was very REAL! I am glad to feel more like myself. I guess the sugars detoxing from the body and me PMSing is NOT a good mix.

So, I have my monthly calendar with all my post-it notes on them so I rip them off after I accomplish each day. What is a little different about my sticky notes is that I have sayings or affirmations on them to keep me going. Day 7’s sticky note was, WHY? Why am I doing this???
Answer:
Really, I want to master the self, the flesh, the weaknesses, the addiction to foods so that I can live fully and freely. Going back and forth with fake foods is unhealthy and at this point ridiculous. When do you break free from the toxic relationship with yourself? I have decided that the time is now and the old me is out the window. Girl, BYE!

Self-Care Tuesday- I FINALLY got my facial today. It was absolutely much needed. Sabrina was such a joy and made me feel extremely relaxed. I am definitely going back next month.

Today’s Highlight: I spoke to an old colleague (Locke) and she is interested in Fasting. We had a good talk. I gave her some homework to start preparing herself for the journey she will one day eventually embark on. I am so proud of her in taking the first step by reaching out to me. Thank you, God!

Dear God, use me. Let people feel, see, sense, and experience the God in me so that they can become closer to you…Amen. :pray:

I love what you say!!! I am in!! I will join you on the one day a week after this and I can’t wait. I am excited. Yeeessssss let’s for defo stay in touch :slight_smile: Day 16!!! woooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!! ermmm how on earth is this happening. I think for me I have no other choice. I like the one day week and it will keep or goals in check. Just this morning I woke up terrified after the 40-50 day over I would go back to how I was as most people do report doing so , therefore I looove! your idea!

Your dad sounds like he was an amazing man :heart:

I hear you on the travelling!!!

Your day 7 sounds very promising!!!

I hear you regarding the shift in how you feel. I think you become tougher. I think you know your much stronger than you think. I think your whole personality shifts. It is wonderful. You care less about silly things lol. Ah yes sugar is the hardest!

Your sticky notes…yesssss what lovely idea. I hear you on self mastery. Like that is the best thing ever. Breaking the chains of what is holding you back. Real freedom comes from rising above it all. You become immune to pointless stuff when you are on your life mission. Wow I love it. I like how you say the time is now. It is exciting isn’t it. The pain is worth it!!! I think making it a lifestyle where you do what god called you to do.

OOoooooh facial! Great idea :slight_smile: My friend swears by them. I think it is nice as it is something for you to look forward to!!! Being stress free. wow. No need that in our life right now!!!

That is wonderful. I like how passionate you are and it will be food for thought!!!

amen to that. May god continue to put blessings, peace, love, joy, happiness and serenity in your life. Blessings to you. I pray you have a wonderful day filled with goodness. Hugs :heart:

Day 16! Phew! Not getting the sleep I need so going down on that caffeine but I feel so much gratitude for my life.

Wow- I feel like a different person. I don’t know what is going, things bother me much less now. what a relief. Not as bothered as I was! I trust god more. I know he is watching over me. Guiding me. I turn to god every night and pray. I look forward to praying now. More than ever before. I have more trust in him.

I feel tired but I know that is normal. I feel more determined than ever. Weird right! I feel more love from within. I appreciate the little things. That cup of coffee taste like heaven! especially a double strong one when you haven’t slept!

There is a shift. I feel it too. Like I am accepting that m doing my best given my situation and my best is enough. I have forgiven who I am and that I did my best all along. It took me a while to go through that! You try your best.

I too want to master the self. Aim to be a better person for my family, friends and for life.

The most important thing is after. I have done this before. Much shorter but I did go back after I finished. Put it back on. This time Is different. I love the one day a week. Let’s defo do that together and report after progress. Imagine if we maintain those changes in the long run. Wow that would be my dream :heart: I am humbled by this but I know the real test is after we finish!!! It is a journey :blush:

self care- sitting in the sun is cheer bliss! wow i am so grateful for it.

Highlight- people in my life I feel so much love for from within. You gotta go through the people not worth mentioning to feel the gratitude for the amazing people :heart:

Gratitude list
1.I am breathing
2.My patience has tripled due to the challenges
3.Feel stronger and stronger
4.i am humbled by this
5.Love my family, friends and even feel ok towards those who may not feel that way about me lol
6.The sun
7. Life
8.god
9.music. ah i love it!
10.the shift
11.how i look at life has changed
12.the growth
13.respect giving it whether i get it back or not.

Dear god- please help me to continue to have patience, to allow me to do my absolute best in every given situation, my best will change according to how I feel but I will try, allow me to give in a way which helps others. Let me get closer to you and put you number one in my life as I have no idea how long I will be here on this planet. Allow me to make the most of each day. Your blessings are good. amen.

My goals
1.Put god number one in my life- we don’t know how long we will be here. Life is v short
everything else comes second.

Blessings to you :heart:

1 Like

Further goals
1.Fight for what is worth fighting for- leave what is not worth my time
2.Remove anything worthless- trivial things feel more and more silly to me now
3.keep my social life active- that is v important and healthy to do.
4.keep consistency
5.Keep working on how to better
6.Be open to the best way of doing it.

Hey let’s share what we can to do to improve what we are doing to get max benefit from it? What do you think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Together we are stronger. We must build that for sure!!! I truly believe this time if we keep it going one day/ keep the lifestyle, we will both be unrecognizable. am serious. I am all in right to the end. even after we finish am willing to stay in touch for the one day and the other stuff. I have never been 10000000% in like this before. Come onnnnn!!! we got this!!!

some of the worst possible experiences in our life can end up being the best thing that ever happened to us spirtually. You realize the presence of god much stronger. You become better. I don’t know it is interesting. Like wow!!! I love how you talk about god. I think this is a spirtual journey :slight_smile:

goal- to be more disciplined-How? will learn
goal-doing hard things quicker and more time effectively- how? will learn. lol

How about you?

1 Like

One thing I have decided is I am going to remove anything pointless, waste of time, anything useless out of my mind and body and just focus on the purpose of life. Through turning to god I know life is not guaranteed and we could go any minute. I have increased my prayer. I never was a spirtual person but I really respect life and how precious it is. I know our time is limited. I really wish I was more disciplined and had better time management. I want to do more. Realistically I need a social life and to listen to music and all of that but ideally just want to be of service. That’s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Melly, thanks for your support. I had to break my fast yesterday, because i wasn’t felling well, i was very dizzy. I guess it was not the time to a prolonged one. But i broke my fast with bone broth with miso and boiled egg, and today i did 27 hours fast. I will continue doing water fasts, with different protocols, and i will try again a more prolonged one maybe in october. Hope you keep strong! See you!

1 Like