Losing fat too fast on my fast

Last fall I did a 21 day fast. It has been 6 months since my last fast. I just started a fast with the goal of doing 30 days. I am 10 days in and I lost 20 pounds. The 20 pounds is total weight including water weight. I think I only have another 18 pounds of fat. I lost 4 pounds over the last 2 days while doing no exercise. This seems allot more rapid compared to my other fasts. I think my body is getting used to fasting again. Will I be able to make it to 30 days? Will my body slow down on the fat burning anytime soon?

1 Like

Thats awesome Stacey
I did a 21 day fast a little over a year ago and lost 10kg. But 3 months later my hair fell out from stock. I’m fine with 10 and 14 day fasts, but won’t do 21 again.
I’m starting a 10 day today and hope to shed 7kg
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks. Things are stabilizing. I am at day 25 and have lost 30 pounds. 5 more days to go and I have enough fat to make it.

2 more days to go. I replaced my snow tires on my truck and car yesterday. I was dead tired from that. I still wish I could go beyond 30 days. I want to make sure i have enough fat to make it through a few days of only bone broth.

Made it too day 30. Happy birthday to me!
Started off with a cup of bone broth. A couple of hours later I had another cup of bone broth with 2 ounces of chicken breast. I feel great! I was surprised how active I have been. I did push ups, situps, and pull-ups everyday. I jogged 8 miles once a week. I walked my dogs everyday. Yesterday I ran 8 miles on hilly terrain.

I forgot to post my gains. I am 5’10" I went from 168 to 131. I am guessing about 7 pounds of water weight and food waste don’t count. Either I did this for the healing and purification of my gut. Hopefully this has some long term benefits. I know when I loom at carbs I don’t see food. I only want meat, vegetables, and nuts.