Looking for a fasting buddy

I am looking for a fasting buddy to support each other. I am a stress eater, and that’s how I often break my fasts. I was intermittently fasting throughout life. But lately gained weight due to limited activity post spinal fractures. I am moving better, but still can’t exercise as I did. I want to get into my pre-injury shape, but can’t exercise the way I did. I want to start a 40 days fast tomorrow. I did it once many years ago on my own. But now I feel I need a buddy. Anyone in?

3 Likes

Hey… you can join march madness group… a lot of us are fasting and sharing our experiences there… You will stay motivated​:blush::blush:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I am going to do

2 Likes

Hi Elen, I am just starting my water fast and would love to be your buddy. I have previously done only one and two days fasts, so this will be the first time that I will do a long fast. I have listened to numerous YouTube videos not only about fasting but also about Keto and the problems of being insulin resistant. So, I have been doing Keto for 13 days in order to improve my chances of succeeding. I have been in ketosis (2.5 using the breath test) for the entire time, so hopefully, my body is becoming fat adapted. One needs ketos for energy and I hope this will also reduce some of the symptoms one usually gets while fasting. Which day are you starting your water fast?

1 Like

Hi Zoey2,

Today is my first day of water fast. My problem were my spinal fractures. I gained lots of weight as I was in pain, and not moving. Since I got better I’ve tried to exercise and drop weight, but couldn’t, as physical activity isn’t enough. So my goal is to get to my pre-injury shape. As usual I fasted once per week throughout my life. The longest fast I’ve done was 14 days many years ago.

2 Likes

Hi Elen,
I completed a 14 days on the Keto diet and lost 6 pounds. Today is my first day of Water Fasting. I am hoping that I can do a 21 day fast but will have to see. So far, I am slightly hungry and thinking about food. Instead, I had over 8 glasses of water and still drinking. I managed to clean my kitchen as I hope to not have to use it except for what I make for my husband, which will be prepared food as I don’t want to smell cooking food which would be too tempting and unfair in my eyes. Let’s see how far we go and how much we lose. I did measure all sorts of places today and will do so again every week to see where I lose the inches. Good Luck!

3 Likes

I can join as well!

Great! I just finished two days. Was a bit hungry yesterday and thought of food too much. Took a bath and read my Kindle, it helped. Now my breath ketones went from around 2.7 to 4.4 all the way to 6.7 and 7.2
Not sure if I should worry as we are fasting and I am not a diabetic. Also, I was awakened by my mother and dog, so can’t sleep. Amazingly, I have energy. Must be the high ketones?