Liz’s fasting journal

Thanks ! The weekend was hard for sure but i made it!

1 Like

I am on day 9 and I didn’t lose today :frowning:

Day 9 of originally 7, now going for 11 days…

The scale didn’t show any weight loss today. But it didn’t show a gain and my goodness i have lost 11.4# in 9 days. Even if this is my cap of weight loss til the end i’ll be very happy with it. of course i’d like to see more.

Main thing is I’m feeling so much better. i wore the jeans i couldn’t wear for the last couple of months. and a fitted shirt yesterday and i felt pretty cute. my stomach is pretty flat mostly. i used to have this Ritz Crackers Belly, and it is pretty much gone.

Today i’m NOT eating or drinking anything with fake sugar. that’s got to be part of why i didn’t lose. i have my little cheats and it needs to stop. No diet soda and no sugar free hard candy. My stomach was a loud, gurgling mess last night and it’s not worth it. i said the same thing a few days ago and i still cheated yesterday. and i paid for it all night.

2 Likes

Lizgistics, you made it through the weekend! You only have (2) two more days and you will make it to 11 - you have this, it cant beat you!

1 Like

Well, I caved last night and ate one meal. My stomach had been very upset for 2 days and I think I just talked myself into eating since I didn’t lose one day. Of course my weight went up today. Only 1.2# but i still am not happy about that. my goal is to fast all day today and just get right back on it. my stomach does feel better too. I don’t really know if i’m too upset that I ate. I didn’t binge which is huge for me and I really didn’t eat much and what I did eat wasn’t sugar and unhealthy things.

2 Likes

You exceeded your original plan like a rockstar! Just hop back on the bus! Your body will burn that meal up and you’ll quickly get back in the flow! I’m hoping I can surpass my current 5 day fast. Last night I couldn’t stop thinking about food, yet I could tell that I wasn’t really hungry. It was just suggestive hunger since I had to cook for a couple of people. You are doing great! The weight you put on is just water. Keep up the good work!

caved last night again and instead of OMAD, I did OBAD. OBAD is one binge a day. But i’d rate it maybe a 3 out of 10 with 10 being the worst. I didn’t really have it solidified what I was eating or doing. Just trying not to eat and if I did then OMAD.

Talked to Yaz and fasting group earlier. Feel better about it. I need to start listening to the fasting motivation videos or audios or whatever-ios.

Would totally have eaten tonight but Yaz said no since I had said prior that I was going right back to fasting after I broke my fast and had the unplanned meal. I was like damn. I don’t WANT to fast today

However, I DID in fact say that and the scale was, in fact atrocious this morning. gained 5# back in 2 meals. granted 2 meals in 2 days and one was enough calories prob for 3 meals.

So she said i was going to be upset but fast anyway. and she said i’ll feel so much better tomorrow that I did what i was supposed to do. and she said i’d be pissed tonight.

anyway, just fed my daughter dinner. didn’t make the dinner i’d planned b/c i knew i’d really be dying to eat it. so just something simple and relatively healthy for her. turns out husband is going out with a friend so dinner is already over and it was not bad at all.

seems like i worry about family eating and me not eating and how others are going to feel about it way more than necessary and it always ends up working out.

got 2 zooms to be on actually one right now but the lady literally waits for everyone and ends up starting 10 min late. my type A personality has a problem with that.

i’m going to join yaz’s fasting group again this week. it really helped me be accountable in a way i’ve never been before with eating. i did WW and that is just weighing in once a week. it’s not actually speaking with people outside of it unless you figure that part out yourself.

Goals rest of the week:
Thursday OMAD at lunch with my client

STARTING Friday 2/26 -7-10 day FAST which will give me a few days for re-feed.

that all sounds 95% impossible to me at the moment.

My why is wanting to feel awesome on vacation with my friends. leaving 3/10

2 Likes

OBAD!! I love it!:laughing:

3 Likes

Okay so I did make it and fasted all day yesterday. i’m at 34 hours right now. i’m having lunch with a client today and omg the meal is going to be great. i know what i’m having. i signed up for Yaz’s fasting group again this week and the whole month of march. i’ve never had a group where i’m accountable to fasting and eating goals. i like it. i mean, i DO NOT like it but it does make me care a lot more about keeping my promises to myself. it’s so easy when you are all on your own to say “i really want to eat tonight so i’ll do that and start tomorrow.”

but tomorrow rarely comes. and if it does, it’s after i’ve gained 15#. i lost all this exact same weight in the summer. around july aug 2020. i gained it all back pretty much. i think i kept off 6 #. and right now i’m at the weight that is my “i feel decent” weight.

don’t focus on the scale so much they say. and to that i say mind your own beezewax. lol. i focus on the scale. i weigh myself daily. that works for me weighing daily. do i think i lost 4# of fat since yesterday. no obviously not. but i do like seeing the changes and when i have gains that really does motivate me.

sorry that’s my rant. so OMAD today at lunch. then fast rest of today. tomorrow is day 1 of 7-10 day fast. that sounds very hard and pert-near impossible. fasting on the weekends blows my ass. sorry but it does. BUT the weekends is when i usually do the most damage so it’s like i’m getting a heck of a deal if i do make it bc not only am i not losing my mind eating, i’m also FASTING so that’s like double the good things.

making no sense. have a great day. i pray for myself and all ya’ll that we are blessed and favored and meet our goals.

Doing OMAD for a few days is still better than bingeing =)

It’s easy to fast for days on end, but it takes a lot of discipline to have adequate refeeds. Being disciplined is #1 to maintain the fat loss.

I know you can do this. By the way, how are your refeeds? And at what time

I’m doing different times. Today I did lunch with a client do noon. The other 2 nights was around 630pm

Just reading yaz’s articles about what we feed our kids made me feel wretched. Guilty. I know she doesn’t mean to offend and I’m not offended. Just guilty. Fucking mom guilt. Hopefully I can say the f-word and if I can’t then I can no longer journal bc it’s just reality right now.

I’ve not been a healthy eater ever. Never recall having a normal relationship with food. For real never. My mom took me to Weight Watchers around age 12. The lady there was like huh? Bc I wasn’t overweight. Dr never said it. I was not skinny like many kids in my class. But I’ve seen pictures and I know now I wasn’t overweight. I think that totally screwed me up. Had my first binge that VERY night. I said I’m going to go to town on eating bc tomorrrow we are starting our diet. We being mom and me.

And it was that awful plan. Prob the worst plan ever. Fat and fiber. U ate low fat and high fiber. So white flour, pasta, sugar ? all totally fine as long as u were low fat. What a cluster! Total recipe for disaster. And there my journey begins.

Finally learned about fasting being healthy. You mean it’s not going to slow ur metabolism? Doesn’t ur body eat ur muscle? The lies we have been told!!!

I’d always read these ridiculous books that said get over ur food issues by just eating when ur hungry. That never worked bc I could always convince myself I was hungry. Slight rumbling stomach? Must be hungry. It’s almost funny how I thought i was hungry when I was literally digesting still.

Have passed lots of my crazy eating behavior onto my daughter who is only 6. I feel like the worst piece of shit mom for it too. I get mad when she wants snacks all the time. I get mad when she wants to eat the crap I buy. I buy lots of healthy stuff too. So we fight over eat the healthy stuff! Constant struggle. I see clearly if I didn’t buy it it would not have to be this way. I’ve got to stop buying all junk. I only buy a little and then the little bit becomes the focal point of all food discussions. I’m creating the monster. Very upsetting to see how I contribute. Makes me want to eat which is not me trying to be funny. But it is funny bc that’s where my mind goes when I’m upset.

My husband always wants cheez-it’s. I’m always saying that’s not a food group! Surprise - he is overweight!

I grew up using food as a drug. Then I found alcohol and abused that heavily. Now I’m back to food abuse. And cannabis use. Probably a bit excessive on that too. Anything to be out of my own head really. That’s why I binge, get high, drink. No interest in enjoying food. Just shoving it in amd my only thought is MORE FOOD! I’ll want more food while I’m eating food. All of this is making me want to binge. Fuckkkkkkk

2 Likes

Ok ya’ll. day 1 of 7-10. looked at pictures last night from one week ago until now. i definitely look less chubby. just slightly but i’ll take it. i ate too much last night. damn cereal. i need to stop buying cereal. i could literally eat a whole box by myself. in my brain i was like well you’re going to be fasting at least 7 days so shove those carbs in there. then no one else will eat this garbage. see how helpful i am to my family? i’ll eat all the crap so they don’t have to. i am for real going to stop buying cereal, cheez-its, rice cakes, jelly, english muffins, fiber one brownies, belvita, all desserts (popsicles, fudgecicles), tortilla chips…i’m trying to think if there is anything else junky i buy. .

i said there’s not too much junk but that’s pretty much. too much drama between my kid and me over this crap. there’s a fridge full of healthy stuff and she’s fighting me to have cheeze-its which my husband insists on eating daily. but screw it, if he wants this stuff he can go to the store and get it all. then i also will do better b/c when i DO eat, there won’t be a box of cereal i can go to town on.

i’m a little nervous about when i go to florida. i know my husband is going to give her a ton of crap food. he was raised so unhealthy. he was overweight as a child. his parents would take him to the bar with him and give him snickers bars and quarters for video games. they would get wasted all night and said to him - go entertain yourself. it’s so sickening. anyway, he thinks that is normal parenting. um no. that is not good.
but i know that’s pretty much how he’s going to roll with her while i’m gone. except hopefully not going to the bar! i can trust him to take care of her physical needs but he works a ton and i know she’s just going to be eating on her ipad a lot. that annoys the crap out of me. but i am the one who decided to go out of town and leave him in charge so i can’t really complain on how he does it. he just doesn’t do it like me. and sure it’s fun to be the fun parent but i can’t do that b/c it’s so freaking bad for her. ugh. if you want to be miserable in life - get married and have a kid.! of course, i love them both! and prayed for them both. but now that i have them it is just a non stop source of stress and anxiety. my husband says i’m a control freak.

Just letting you know I’m rooting for you!! My family growing up lived on crap food (frozen pizza, cereal, chips, McDonald’s, etc. ) but when I became a mom I decided that the rule was I never bought the crap food for the house but it was ok to eat when out of the house (birthday parties, road trips, picnics to the park from store bought food)… It worked like a charm. If you can ask your husband to have a secret hiding place for his junk food although best case he too only eats it out of the house. :slightly_smiling_face:. Hang in there, your doing great!!! :four_leaf_clover::bouquet::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you ms. stacia

Okay day 1 fasting down! i did it. i almost caved so many times. thank god i’m in this fasting accountability group or else there’s no way i could have done it. between about 5pm and whenever i go to bed i almost caved about once every 15 minutes. but i didn’t! so proud of myself right now. I’ve got my mind set on 7 days at least so 6 more days. my husband isn’t giving me a hard time. even after eating for 3 out of 4 days i still kept off 8#. i told him if i can do this again and keep off another 8# or so, then i’ll be at a weight i’m pretty happy with. not eccstatic. but at least i look good in my clothes. swimsuit is a whole other animal. i don’t know what weight i need to be at to feel like i look good in my swimsuit. but i’m actually OK where i am right this second. just like being a little smaller and who knows, i’ve paid for the fasting group for the whole month of march so maybe i’ll actually figure out where i really want to be with my weight. i’ve never really been able to maintain anything under 150. i have a mental block at 150 . once i see 140’s, i usually just start binging until i gain back every single pound i’ve lost. i’m drinking my coffee with cream. yummmmmm. so good. i know it technically breaks my fast but it tastes great and at least so far, it doesn’t hinder weight loss. and if you can’t tell, i’m doing this for weight loss. have a blessed day! weather is supposed to be beautiful today. love the better weather. a couple of weeks ago it was in the teens (farenheit) and I was wearing 2 pairs of pants, 2-3 sweatshirts, 2 pairs of socks, slippers and sitting in my office on a heating pad then a cover on my legs and i was still cold. and today it’s going to be in the low sixties so i’ll take this any day!

2 Likes

day 2 is over. thank you jesus. it was hard. finally on day 3. 58.5 hours to be exact. but who’s counting? i’m sincerely praying this gets easier. i had such a struggle yesterday that i listened to and did the affirmations on audible in this book called top 111 super powerful affirmations for fasting at least 5 times. at least. it’s so easy for me to convince myself to eat! i kept thinking i’m just going to have this fruit my daughter didn’t finish then it’s right back on the fast. but lord knows it wouldn’t stop there and even if it did, i’m fasting! not eating! God i am praying that today is easier than yesterday. or at least that today is the last hard day. i’m trying to look at past fasts and it appears this might be the last really hard day. the diet soda i drank didn’t help i know that. nor did the sugar free cough drops. the scale is down 3 pounds since friday morning so that’s what’s keeping me going. dec 23 was the last time i was lower than i am right now. and before that nov 12 so i’m due to keep going down. i’m down a total of 13.2# since my highest weight this month on feb 8 so in 20 days down 13.2. i’ll take it. it’s been a rough 20 days but i can’t stand being that heavy. i just feel like crap. i have nothing else to say but i keep writing b/c i have nothing else to do. my daughter is sleeping in the living room and i don’t want her to wake up and start making requests. i do have to crack up about this. i’m puttering around at night drinking hot tea and broth in pajamas that are so old the pants almost threadbare and i’m thinking yeah, this is attractive. broth breath, gross pj’s, no makeup…hot! but despite all of that, i know my husband thinks i look bettter when i’m thinner but he’s too smart to say anything. thank god for him b/c he is always attracted to me. and i’m thankful he’s not giving me a hard time about the extended fasts. my parents and sister were both giving me a hard time yesterday. i finally lied to my mom to get her off my back. and i told my sister to pretend we never discussed any of it. my sister is definitely overweight if not obese and so it really annoys me when she tells me how unhealthy my lifestyle is. i tried to play it all off too. i said i am not eating. then she’s like for how long? when’s the last time you ate? aned on and on. now i realize i should have just said “i already ate.” she’s like that with the 20,000 questions. so she probably would have asked the same questions and i would have gotten busted if i had told the truth. but i’m probably just going to lie next time b/c it’s exhausting trying to fast AND convincing others who refuse to do any research whatsoever that fasting is a healthy natural way to lose weight. i sent some dr fung stuff to my sister and my mom. and my mom said she read something that said some lady just keeled over and died from fasting. i said send me the article. she said she doesn’t have it. something she read though. i said i will not believe heresay. it’s so ridiculous. i honestly think fasting 40 hours is good then eat once then do it again. but it’s so hard to get through the 40 hours each time that i’m just trying to get past the hard part and do longer fasts. i think last time it got easier on day 3, 4, or 5. i wish i could remember - i do recall one of those days i stopped being physically hungry. praying it was day 3 it got easier. i really do feel like i am hanging on by a thread. i stayed busy yesterday. and i have a plan on staying busy until about 3 pm. then it’s kind of up in the air. i’m going for a walk in a few minutes. i gave my dog a bath yesterday and it rained here last night so it’s all muddy so i really don’t want her getting all gross outside but how does one deny a cute dog a walk outside? i really can’t.

1 Like

The number one rule of fasting - don’t talk about the fast :grin:

If you’re finding long fasts to be a real struggle, may I suggest rolling 72’s? Day 1 doesn’t really feel like fasting because you still have food in your stomach, day 2 is the only real day, and day 3 you get to eat! Only for an hour but stil… I’m losing 2 lbs every 3 days with it and am over the moon!

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Mary

2 Likes

yes, that’s what i did for a lot of the summer. actually i did a lot of back to back 40 hour fasts and that worked pretty well for me.

1 Like

fell off the wagon yesterday, AFTER I was on my fasting accountability group call. i was almost done with 3 days. then my husband and i went to pick up our daughter at her friend’s house. he really wanted to go out to eat. i was like okay i’ll go but i’m not eating. then he picked my favorite restaurant and i quickly talked myself into eating. grilled salmon and a salad and garlic bread. would have been fine. but then i went home and ate 2 or 3 bowls of granola and a box of girl scout cookies. not good. then i was really full all night from eating so much. i would have eaten more since i was in total binge mode but i literally couldn’t b/c i was so full. the scale wasn’t too nice today. so it’s back to day 1 today. god bless me. i can’t be too mad. this is the most by far i have fasted in a long time even with my little slips here and there

1 Like