Kyle's Journal

Choosing a start date might be one of the hardest parts. I tried not to start on a whim because I always fail when I do. Rather, I marked the day almost too far in advance so I would build up enough anticipation to get me through the first leg.

1 Like

Also, the no coffee policy is just… wow. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I worked mine around not having any events to worry about. And then my cycle came and waited for that to end.

I had a good solid week to keep researching and then began researching refeed as well.

There’s plenty to do in preparation time. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll well into day two of no coffee now… I’m REALLY surprised I’m not having headaches. Not sure when that will kick it. I do a TON of caffeine every day… so I can’t imagine not going through the withdrawal of it. I’m going to sit down and plan out my next fast. I’m going to be very deliberate in my approach. I really want to do a long term one and see if I can reset and heal my body heading into Fall. Fall is my favorite time of year and I want to feel good going into it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely going to plan it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Kyle ! fall is my favorite season too ! I’ll be honest I’ve hated summer, the hot weather, ever sense I’ve been overweight … I just want to hide out the whole thing … fall is layered clothing, darker … ahhh… I’m so happy to hear no caffeine withdrawal headache! That’s great !! I really feel like I am going through something really big, life changing !! And not a chance I’d be here without all of you. You and I have so much in common and I really need you to stay here, not kidding. :slight_smile: Let’s keep moving forward and every day is growth whether we eat or not, we are all definitely getting more mindful of what we are doing and why … I’m rooting for you everyday !! :slight_smile::heart:

3 Likes

Just saying hello Kyle and congrats on 3 days no caffeine!! That’s my next big hurdle to tackle … I’ve often thought that caffeine is one of the main reasons I binge … even black coffee can raise our blood sugar and cause a crash which brings major craving for a food fix … your no caffeine may actually help with everything moving forward (fasting, weight loss)… inspired to do this too at some point :slight_smile::two_hearts::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Good morning Kyle ! How is your day going? and the no caffeine? I had my one cup again this morning … as I was drinking it I literally told it outloud “I love you” :worried:… do you think I’m addicted ? :slight_smile::four_leaf_clover:. I’ll need help in that area at some point …

1 Like

I actually had a coffee today at lunch w/my OMAD. It wired me hard! Too hard… felt like I was on speed. So… going back to no coffee. I just started my next three day fast. I liked the last one, so will try this again. Decided I’m only going to weigh in on the 1st and the 15th of each month (2 times) I don’t want to become a slave to the scale again.

Hows your fast going? I’m going to find your journal now…

2 Likes

DAY 1

Just finished an OMAD and Starting a 3 day Fast right now.

4 Likes

That kind of coffee high gives me such a love/hate feeling … I crave that and then I immediately want to come down :slight_smile:… I’ll be rooting for you on your 3 day fast ! You’ve done it before so your fasting muscle should kick in ! :slight_smile::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Nice job! And I can relate to what you said regarding the coffee & the scale. It’s interesting and exciting the Additional changes we make while taking a break from food. Rooting you on! :muscle:t3:

1 Like

How’s your day going Kyle? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Stacia!! I’m SO tired today and not sure why. I slept really hard last night and struggled to get up today. It might be the coffee I had yesterday or I could be coming down with something? Not sure… I waited several hours to see if my energy needed to kick in but I woke up 4 hours ago and just can’t seem to get going. Just hoping I’m not getting sick. I’m about to end the first 24 of my 72 hr fast. Not hungry just struggling with fatigue.

How did you do after your first refeed? Any stomach issues? Was your appetite different? How are you doing into your next fast?

Hope your’e good! Talk to you soon! Have a good one!

1 Like

Good morning Kyle ! I’m sorry to hear your not feeling any energy, I hope too you arnt coming down with something, that’s no fun ! My refeed went ok except I had some spicy foods (I have issues with peppers and tomatoes) and omg, the acid reflux all night was unbearable!! I am so happy to have had this refeed … I’m learning through this too (just as the fast)… gotta leave behind sugar and spicy food (just not healthy for me) and I believe with the 9 day fast starting today I can do that !! I’m rooting for you today on your day 2, I hope you feel better!! I’m on day 1 again … here we go! :slight_smile::two_hearts::four_leaf_clover:

If you feel this when you lay down, sleep in your LEFT side. Keeps the acids down because of the arrangement of your organs. I studied up on this then tried it. Saved me more than once and I swear by it now.

2 Likes

Thank you for that advise ! I’ll use it if this ever happen again, it was so bad I thought I was going to puke which would of been a relief :slightly_smiling_face:

Checking on ya Kyle !? I hope you are feeling better ! :two_hearts::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Kyle, I can’t put words to how much I understand this post! I’m going to say something that I DONT want you to do but I will tell you the exact same thing happened to me !! I mean word for word and what I’m about to say I’m soooo ashamed of. 3 of us decided to surprise my best friend with her (also) 40th bday and we had 3 months to go… soooo I figured no problem, I’ll just diet my way for 90 days and look good by then ! I’m pretty sure we invited everyone we know to go … as it’s getting closer I’m still daily binging. Well, we get to the week before and I’m fat as can be (mind you I was wayyy bigger than you, probably 220 at the time so keep that in mind !!)… guess what? I didn’t go :cry:… I told everyone I had the flu … yeah, worst person ever award. Even worse I got a ton of calls and texts telling me how much I was missed and hope I feel better… to this day I feel like the biggest loser ever. This is what being overweight and shame do to us (especially binge eaters)… Kyle, I don’t know you but I am sure you are beautiful !! Google 1920’s clothes and find something that covers he areas that you feel the worst about… then show up, stand tall in confidence, smile big and I guarantee you will have an amazing time… 157 (I think that’s your weight?) is nothing !! And if you fast 9 days you’ll be closer to 145ish !! Please dont do what I did, to this day I feel horrible about it!! Thankfully it wasn’t her actual birthday and I did spend her special day with her!! You got this beautiful girl !! :slight_smile::two_hearts::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

You got this girl !! The one wish I keep having is that I could put that selfish “what will everyone think of me” aside and 100% be there for others but I tell ya, it’s tough when you feel so self conscious but Kyle you got this and I’m sure you’ll be beautiful and enjoy your friends and who knows, perhaps start up something with your ex :slightly_smiling_face:. Also, something I’ve done when I absolutely have to show up somewhere is connect with a few before hand and say casually “yeah, I’ve put on some weight so don’t be too surprised “… that way it cuts the edge off of walking through the door :slight_smile:

1 Like