Ke's Fasting Journey

Whew y’all… I’ve been at this since Sunday evening so now I’m going into my 3rd day and I’m feeling pretty good about myself today… I bought some supplements to help me get through the headaches and weakness. So I will see how tomorrow goes. I still haven’t taken my pics but I’m going to try and get them done tomorrow…

Starting and heaviest weight: 233 pounds
Current weight/today’s weight: 221 pounds

SN: I realize this is probably water weight…but I’m still happy to see it go down and not up. I still haven’t decided how long my fast will be. I’m just going until I make up my mind, but I’m thinking 30 or 45… :blush: @Yasemin

3 Likes

Today I’m struggling… I am so exhausted and my mind is telling me to just eat and I will feel better. But I know that my long term goals will fall to the side if I do. I’ve been saying for the last two years that I was going to do an extended fast and made excuses everytime. Not this time. I’m committing myself to 45 days. I know it’s going to be hard but I’m up for the challenge. I want my health to be better, to get rid of blood pressure meds and stay off of them. Last but not least I want to get my Sexy back.:yum: @Yasemin

2 Likes

Hang in there! I’m on day 6 of 40. We’re on our way to better health.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: . I’m so happy I found this forum !! I actually just made up my mind to do 45 days… My celebration date (completion) date will be February 17th …I’m really looking forward to overcoming my excuses !! Congratulations on day 6… How did you deal with the low energy?

2 Likes

I always have low energy…Starting the day after thanksgiving I did a 14 day fast and my energy was super low and I struggled with dizziness. This fast has been easier. Part of it is my mindset, I daily talk to myself about what’s better (inflammation down, not waking up to use bathroom/better sleep, I wake up without a stuffy nose, etc)…the 14 day I didn’t realize how much better my body was feeling because I focused on what bugged me. Then I ate diary/carbs and inflammation/stuffy nose/sinus drip came back so fast. I’ve started to consider food allergies. So plan to transition back vegan with no salt oil or added sugars after this fast. I think my body was more prepared for this fast and I think my mindset is better. In the past I focused on foods I’d end my fast with - I haven’t this time. So for me mindset is helping.

1 Like

I’m thinking ahead about what I need to do to maintain after this… but that’s it as far as food goes… I feel better about this fast but the low energy hit me today first thing this morning. Hoping for a better day tomorrow and I am maintaining a good mental Outlook and journaling here and in my journey journal here at home…I am definitely doing a lot better this time around!! Thank you for responding back :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve read some from people who have done the True North Center for supervised fasting. They are reportedly told to take it easy, not even shower. So doing daily activities is AWSOME. I hear you though low energy is very hard. Glad you’re in a good head space. Sending positive vibes your way.

1 Like

Thank you so much !!! Sending the same back to you… this journey is something on a whole different level.

Today started out with low energy but as the day moved on I got a little pep back in my step… I dismissed some negative folks ,naysayers and food pushers…my husband and my hype girl ( my sis in law) told me to keep my journey to myself…that I don’t need the negative words… But I’ve got my mind made up and I’m not changing it unless my body just can’t take it… I have 97 almost 98 hours under my belt and my weight this morning was 216.8 so still making progress towards my first weight goal of 200…my second will be 180… In other news my BP is still high. I wonder if I should take my meds​:thinking: Anyway thanks to everyone that has reached out with a kind word or encouragement :grin:

3 Likes

This is late,but I had first real test of will power. O shot a text to my hype girl and she kept me encouraged. I did not break my fast and now I have accomplished day 5. My weight in this morning was 214 pounds… I am 14 pounds away from my first goal…I’m still here pushing through another day. As I write this I have 125 hrs of fasting under my belt and I can’t even fathom what changes my body is going through. Shout out to my Hype Girl for keeping me in the game… Y’all this journey is tough but like my Hype Girl said to me… remember the reasons and you’re worth it… So my last words are this…don’t give up on you !!! @Yasemin #40 more days to go :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Day 6 under my belt…Today was ok…I didn’t do much but I did take the time to reflect and affirm my reasons for stepping out of my comfort zone and doing my fast. I also had some difficult conversations with people around me. I’m cleaning up more than just my body. All and all things went well, so I’m going to sit back and watch for change. My hubby and hype girl are still supporting me…just a few words here and there about my why… anyway I hope that everyone had a good day. . My weight in this morning was 213. Just a one pound difference. I wonder if this is going to be what my body discards daily? As of this writing I’m at 145 hrs… Let’s continue the movement y’all !! Happy Fasting . :+1:t5::muscle:t5: @Yasemin

2 Likes

I was pooped yesterday…spent some time making brownies with the grandbaby and that was an adventure. But we enjoyed ourselves :blush:. I reached a milestone first time ever fasting 7 days in a row with no breaks.i only have 38 more to go. Yesterday I weighed in at 212 pounds. Today I’m 210.6 . I’m feeling really good about myself. My energy levels are coming back up but that’s on and off. Anyway I’m definitely looking forward to knocking out this week too. !!
SN: Mannnnnn this breath thing is killing me😏

3 Likes

AWSOME job on your personal record of 7 days!!!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: @Janessa

1 Like

Finished with day 8 y’all :grin:!!! Still having hunger pangs so I’m cutting out the supplements…let’s see how that goes…

3 Likes

I’m feeling really good today… I’m on day 9 and it seems like not taking the supplements helped with the hunger pangs…I weighed in at 209.2 today and I have 36 more days to go. :grin: I’m thinking about changing my goal weight to 145.… But I don’t know yet. My first goal is 200 so I’m going to focus on that. I’m estimating that I will be approximately 173 when I finish this fast… So if I change my end goal I will have 28 pounds to go vs 23 pounds… idk… I will make a decision later. That might be too small for me… Anyway Happy Fasting y’all !!

3 Likes

10 days y’all!! :sunglasses: I’m still hanging in the there. I don’t know why I’m still having hunger pangs but it is what it is. I just ignore them and carry on. My weigh in this morning was 208.2 so the scale is still moving downward always a plus in my book. I decided not to make a decision on my goal weight…only that it will be at least 150. Anyway, I’m doing good and still shaking off the naysayers, gloom bombers and the I couldn’t do it folks… I am so cool right now :blush: Anyway Happy Fasting Y’all !! I can’t wait to see what the rest of this journey brings !! @Yasemin

3 Likes

Day 11 gone and down the drain. Today’s weigh in is 206.8 . All and all I feel ok…just this nasty taste in my mouth…can’t wait for that to be over. I also still have people trying to push food on me and telling me that I am dropping weight to fast and it’s not sustainable…that 11 days is enough…well it isn’t. I’m in for the ride and I am going to make sure my body has the time to heal. To everyone out there on their journey… Please don’t let others throw you off… you got this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: !! Happy Fasting Y’all @Yasemin

4 Likes

Day 12 y’all and I’m still in the game. I’m feeling good… weighed in this morning at 206, so there was only a .8 loss…a little disappointed about it but it could have been nothing… I am off on Monday so I’m going to just try and relax. Still dealing with negative folks but I still have my husband and hype girl…so I’m good… Happy Fasting Y’all !! @Yasemin

4 Likes

Hey y’all…13th day right now…I’m still going strong. My weigh in this morning was 203.8 :grin:…my body was playing tricks on me…lol… I’m out and about with my husband today…so this is short and sweet…but y’all I got into a pair of jeans this morning that I haven’t been able to even think about getting into the past two years! Happy Fasting y’all !!

4 Likes