Joanne's Daily Water Fast Journal to 40 days

Intro
Hi I am Joanne. I have slowly added weight, until the point where I didn’t care what I look like, and slowly reached 87kilos. I remember when I used to be in my 60 kilo weight range and 87kg seemed enormous. I have tried water fasting, I once did a 18day water fast and felt amazing spiritually, emotionally, physically in every way. I did put the weight back on, but I believe by sticking to OMAD after this fast and making fasting a lifestyle I will be able to reach my goal weight and achieve my dreams.

Why
I am doing this because I want to prevent lifestyle diseases, look and feel amazing and have more grace and favour in my life.

Long Term and Short Term Goals:
Long term goals for me were to get from BMI Obese to BMI “Healthy”
Short term goals right now is to take one day at a time and stick to my water fast for 40 days.

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past
I binge eat and swing from a pendulum of eating healthy and then eating lavishly.

** What is your game plan?**
My game plan is to show up to challenges and keep my word to fast for 40 days, drinking distilled water. After I finish 40 days, I want to do another 60days with 2 cups of bone broth and sea moss and water. After that I would like to do one meal a day and alternate day fasting.

How do I feel right now?
I feel pretty excited right now and feel the grace to achieve my goal.

How will I feel once I achieve my goal?
I think it will feel surreal to reach my goal of 40 days water fasting and 60 more days with bone broth and sea moss. I will look and feel amazing and there will be loads of grace in my life.

Daily Affirmation
I am strong, I am beautiful, I am passionate and I will achieve my goal in 100 days, no ifs ands or buts!.

7 Likes

I’m on day 2 of my 40day water fast and woke up this morning to check my weight 85.5kg. I have lost 1.5kg and feel great. No hunger. I’m excited to be on this journey and trust time will fly. My dad is on day 22 of his water fast. So I am experiencing grace to do my fast because he is doing one now.

5 Likes

Pretty awesome your Dad is doing one too and you can both experience the benefits, Hugh’s and lows together.

Are you ‘water only’ fasting or supplimenting your electrolytes?

1 Like

Thank you Cate!
My dad is underweight and on day 22 and he also takes a probiotic which has sucrose so that is probably why he is now 54kg today, one kilo heavier than yesterday.

I personally am obese so I won’t be taking any supplements unless I absolutely feel I have to.

I have mild tension headache as today is day 2, and so I’m just applying peppermint oil to my temples to give me some relief and drinking distilled water to try and attract the toxins.

Glad to be on this journey to lose weight and get healthy!

1 Like

He’s done alot of healing to get to where he is. So long as he listens to his body and ensures he refeeds correctly supporting his electrolytes in the process he should be ok.
Alot of people on prolonged fasts end up underweight. Even more healing happens during the refeed and gaining healthy weight back.

Our body doesn’t store electrolytes so being overweight doesn’t have any bareing on weather you should use them during your fast. You sound in tune with your body which is what counts and your plan to complete this 40 and then broth and seaweed for the next stage will support your bodies electrolytes to keep you healthy while you regain your confidence and health!

It’s certainly going to be a journey and your going to be so grateful you went through with it several times during the process and afterwards the sense of achievement for your successes will never be replaced.

Best of luck, we’re all routing for you xx

2 Likes

Thanks Cat. My headache isn’t going away, I regret eating loads of noodles and coffee before starting my fast. Now experiencing detox symptoms.
I think I will be taking crystal pink salt and potassium and magnesium and apple cider vinegar to help me cope.

2 Likes

Spot on. A touch of salt might ease the headache now… But yeah carb loading and caffeine to start a fast :joy::joy: you’ll laugh about that once you get over it.
We do make our existence a challenge sometimes hahaha

2 Likes

Thanks Cate😣 I’m rubbing tiger balm and want to go to bed! I am my worst enemy a lot of the time! I have to try and be responsible for my poor body💕

1 Like

Once you reach day 4, you should feel a lot better, you are doing great. A lot of support here for you if you need.

3 Likes

Hey dear… even I’m in day 2… We started our journey on the same day​:smile::smiley:… Well I will be continuing till 15 more day only…

2 Likes

Hey Voyelazaara,
Yesterday after I took 2 pinches of pink salt crystals I just slept until this morning and my headaches have gone.
I’m on day 3 and weigh 185.8pounds which is 84.27kg. I have released 2.73kg so far.

I may do a coffee enema today.

Feeling good so far and glad that day 2 detox and cravings are gone.

We can do it! 37 more days to go for me.

1 Like

So it’s day 3 and cravings are so bad! I am going to drink some black coffee because the cravings are bad. I’m an inch away from going to 7-11. So hoping black coffee will help.

So yes just had decaf coffee. Finally I can think straight without having to think about eating donuts and drinking flavoured milk from 7-11.

Decaf coffee is going to be my friend on this fast.

Thank you Overcomer!
I seriously needed to read your message as I’m on day 3 and the cravings are so bad. I kept thinking of my normal habits of going to 7-11 near my work and getting some pies or donuts and flavoured milk.
I was planning to do without coffee but with these cravings, I am not going to make it. So I just drank my first black decaf coffee on this fast. It helps so much!! Praise God for this mercy! Seriously was struggling with just water.
I’m hoping the cravings subside by tomorrow - which will be day 4.

2 Likes

Wwooww… releasing 2.73 kg in just 2days is pretty awesome … Congratulations dear… My starting weight was 150.8 lb now its 145.1 lb… Super excited to loose as much as possible :muscle::smile:

I’ll continue till I reach my goal weight i.e. 120lb😍

I have given up on my water fast.

I was thinking I shouldn’t be craving food this much. Its because I haven’t prepared keto prior to this water fast.

So I broke my 2.5day fast on roasted chicken with mayo, sauerkraut, spoons of sugar free jello, 4 slices of tasty lactose free cheese, coffee with almond milk. 1 square of dark chocolate and kombucha drink.

I plan on going on OMAD KETO from tomorrow onwards for 3 weeks as I clearly wasn’t fat adapted and that made it harder for my body to transition to water fasting.

2 Likes

Oohh… don’t be sad dear… It happens sometimes… More power to you girl… It doesn’t matter howmany times you fail and fall down… Get up and start again … You are a brave girl…

2 Likes

Last time when I broke my fast without even getting hungry… I did one trick that helped me… I swore to my best friend that I will not break my fast untill n unless she permits me to break… and it worked cause I loved her so much that I don’t want her to get any hurm…

That’s really honourable. I wish I could find a strong enough anchor to keep my promises but it’s never that simple with me. But thanks for sharing💕

You can start with 16:8 IF for 1st week , after your body got adjusted with it switch to OMAD for the next week… Then for the next 5 days cut sugar and carbs… after that start Waterfasting… This way your body will not go into sudden shock and will be quite easier for you…

That’s how I am duing this time… I haven’t gt headache yet… But I am not able to go for very long walk 2…3 km …that’s enough.

Dear if You need any kind of support … I’m here