Itsyouversusyou

Ok good to know this happens to others so I just take it easy and let my body adjust.
I get up slowly and hold onto a wall if I need too :grin: I want to keep going soooo one day at a time

Have you oil pulled during a fast?

Take your electrolytes and supplements and see how you feel tomorrow. If you have to break your fast don’t worry about it, you can start again the day after if you want or you can do a fat refeed for about 500 calories and continue.

What was your question again? I think auto correct made a mistake here.

Oil pulling for remineralizing the teeth

Day 14…was a tough one…had to get up really slowly…and sometimes hang onto a wall and breathe so I wouldn’t pass out…it started happening in The afternnon cause I managed to squeak out a small workout.

Taking it very easy today stayed mostly home and rode my bike to publix to get some electrolyte water…

My ears started to feel normal finally, for the last week my ears wore echoing like I was on a plane or were plugged. I tried blowing threw my nose…glad that’s passing, very strange…

My mom makes me dinner and I pick it up and put it in the freezer when I get home…getting hard to dodge her questions cause she’ll think I am crazy for fasting.

Hope tomorrow is better I bought an aurora borealis sound projector so hopefully that helps me sleep better Zzzzzzzz

2 Likes

No. Never heard of it. Can you tell me more?

1 Like

Never heard of the echoing in the ears before. Interesting. For me, near the end of my 40-day my hearing really sharpened to the point I thought I’d hear footsteps coming up behind me and I looked back. The person walking behind was a half block away!

Tell your Mom of the success stories from this forum. How I became “medication free”. How Anna was able to resolve her mental issues of binging and self-harm. Have her read “The Obesity Code” by Dr Jason Fung.

2 Likes

Day 15…can’t believe I made it this far…I didn’t take my weigh in measurements just went by the fit of my clothes so I tried on a pair of pants that were once muffin toppish now have wiggle room.
So that’s a good sign.

Changed it up today and scrapped my workout and just rested…put up some wallpaper which was harder then it looked. Working on redecorating my apt. makes my day go by and did some online courses. I switched flight schedules so leaving Sat. instead of Friday for work.

Found some state parks so hopefully I can plan for my bday antelope canyon etc…or Hawaii.

Found 2 amazing products…ground lupini and flour which makes all sorts of vegan keto recipes. I’ll be doing meditation to make sure I don’t overeat like I hear in all these refeed stories…I’ll be with Alex who has a black hole for a stomach which make it more challenging the week I refeed! Pray for me! For refeed I was thinking miso cabbage soup…and steam veggies or kale salad? Is it ok to have avocado or fat on the 1st day refeed…must research

Also Aha citrus green tea electrolyte sparkling drink from Publix is total fuel, it has 0 everything, no sweeteners but gives you a caffeine boost plus electrolytes!!!:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Wow you ended up as a superhero with super hearing! I tried to tell her but she thinks I’m too skinny already lol

I tentatively have a trip to Hawaii as my reward if I get to my ultimate weight loss goal, 200 or less. Realistically I don’t see that number until late summer or late fall but planning a trip for the winter is a nice dream. Some other things need to come together to make it happen, but dreams are better if you have to work for it, right?

This may well be my last trip ever that I can financially afford. If I’m not working, I would really like to go there for 1 month. I’m awfully fond of Maui so def would like to go there for 1 week, then a few islands I have not been to as well. Hawaii was at one point a big part of a plan for my retired life that got crushed…so I definitely have a desire to “taste the dessert, even if I can’t have the whole slice”!

2 Likes

I’ve seen avocado on first day of refeed, but I strongly suggest veg soup for first few or some kind of smoothies or soft cooked veggies. Biggest reason? To start your digestive system and everything else related waking up again. You know better than anyone how resilient your system is. I know if I jumped into the wrong foods too quick, I would be in for severe stomach cramping. I figured the tradeoff was 5 days of careful re-feeding to be safe and no downside as I was still losing weight, still in keto.

1 Like

Thanks for the article. I believe it depends on the individual on the benefits though. For example, body order. Some people naturally have strong body order and have to take measures to control it. Some people have strong body order as a side effect of certain foods they eat. Others don’t have it as an issue at all.

I think a clue if its of benefit is if you suffer from halitosis. I don’t so I don’t think its an issue for me. I’ll run this by my cousin the dentist though to see if he’s heard of it. It may be awhile since I only communicate with him about once a month.

2 Likes

Lol. At my Toastmasters meeting, I was talking with a member who thinks I’m skinny enough when I was telling her I’m going to start another 21-day fast on the 23rd to see if I can achieve my goal of “6-pack at 60” so I can relate!

2 Likes

Oh that would be great to ask…well I tongue scrape several times a day…I soon won’t have a tongue left :joy:

That’s a great goal and gift to yourself! Keep your eye on that piece of pie❤ never been to Maui its on my visit list. Went to Honolulu and Hilo loved it too but been a long time.

I’m determined not too gain the weight back even though I read all these binge stories!

1 Like

I’ve been to Maui and the Big Island for 5 weeks in 2014. It was the best of times and the worst as it was meant to be my last hurrah before I took my life. My next visit there would be for better reasons!!!

2 Likes

Gosh I’m sorry to hear…I’m glad you made it through ttat dark moment🙏 our lives are so precious, thanks for accompanying me on this journey…day 16 woohoo

1 Like

At Day 16 I’m waiting for the feelings of euphoria people have mentioned and waiting to see God instead everything takes effort like climbing even 1 set of stairs :joy:thank god for my bike I feel so free. But I dont wear the mask while riding I can barely breathe let alone excercise with it.
Sometimes my mind feels empty…ia that a good thing?

How many times do I have to tongue scrape and that halitosis Ughhh maybe a mask is a good idea afterall …will it ever end…

I really want to build more muscle but sometimes to weak to even do the 10 lbs I have here.
I don’t want my skin to be flabby and wrinkly I want autophagy to eat it all :grin:

1. Been there with the keto breath. After my 40-day, I added black coffee w/stevia for the morning and herbal tea in the afternoon. That seemed to take care of keto breath issues until near the end of my 21-day fasts. I think it helped my esophagus clear out the buildup of acetone and toxin residue from detox episodes.

2. You can’t build muscle during a fast. The body has higher priorities than adding muscle which is very energy intensive. I talked this over with the Clinical Assistant Professor at the USC Medical School I consult with once a week. He’s an endocrinologist whose specialized clientele are T2 diabetics and cancer patients. Save your muscle building for after the fast.

3. Loose skin will be consumed when you start dropping your body fat percentage to a certain level or you do multiple fasts over a period of time. A female YouTube water faster showed this on her channel that when she dropped her body fat percentage low enough the loose skin got consumed. Sorry I don’t remember her name, it was referred to me by someone in the FB group.

I’ve dropped 80 pounds since I started Aug 9th last year. The only loose skin I have is my upper arms and around the belly. I expect to lose those with my final 21-day fast for this current project of “6-pack at 60” which ends 6//12 with my doctor’s appointment.

2 Likes