Itsyouversusyou

Thank you for the wise words and for the encouragement…crossing my fingers for today no mental demons🙏

4 Likes

Thanks for leading the pack and all that you do for us💕

1 Like

Day 9 still feeling dizzy when I get up and sometimes I have to sit down suddenly like I have a condition. Don’t know where the days go but I try to keep busy. Doing a lot of online courses too. Dying to go to the gym miss it. Some parks are open finally …this will be a slow return to normalcy. Sometimes I wish I could lose weight faster lol
Such a mental ju jitsu…
Also noticing my bad habits off to bed

2 Likes

As Yas says “move like a turtle” during times like this.

1 Like

Oooooh I hope that happens to me …I started 16/8 then 20/4 then 48 hours as it was a false start lol
So weird low carb its definitely an adjustment…reading all the labels fascinating how many carbs in food there are and the fat does make you full and makes me crave less sweets…I realize I can overeat so when I break I have to breathe and eat lol

1 Like

Day 10 thank goodness I have this forum and the life fast app to track and for accountability and to keep my act together…funny I go grocery shopping and read the carbs of stuff so when I’m off my fast…I’ll be ready😂 I am a little worried about refeed or breaking the fast but will as vegan keto an IF
Woke up and going to exercise will write more later

Wish I wasn’t so hard on myself…while the before and after pictures of everyone is motivating I start comparing myself then I go into a downward spiral …how long is it going to take where there isn’t mounds of flesh hanging ugh

Tried akin brushing with mantra I am lovingly befriending my body…but maybe not such a good idea before bed…invigorating will add to my morning routine !

2 Likes

Woke up today feeling good, last night I drank a drink with b12 with zero sugar and calories. I realized it made me feel better but should not have drank before my bedtime, stayed up till 1:30am…entering Day 11 today…making some raw vegan granola and raw vegan spicy crackers …funny I’m making stuff and can’t eat it…feelimg lazy but managed to exercise and do light weights.
Yas videos are helpful…I can’t believe how much I let myself go…I was in such denial!!! But the miroor does not lie!!!
I asked my mom to bake me a vegan keto cake for my bday on May 31 I’ll have a week of refeeding so I hope the cake will be ok and I will make sure to freeze the rest :joy:
Oh the skin brushing in the morning is amazing!! Will add it to my routine like brushing my teeth💕

3 Likes

Entering day 12 can’t believe I’m near the halfway point…was surprised I was still getting stomach grumbly pains. I wonder if it’s the tea…made a concotion of baking soda, pink salt, no salt and dissolved b12. Will try it out!

Head feels clearer…wish i didn’t feel out of breath or dizzy when I get up.

Kinda bummed all my bday plans are needing to change cause everything is closed😢

1 Like

Those grumbly stomach things are not unusual during a fast. I think we are used to thinking its part of a hunger mechanism. I had them right to the end of my fast and found them to quite often be gas related in the end or leading to a BM, which I still had on my last day…day 19.

Gas related even if we have nothing in our stomachs?

You must try skin brushing its glorious!!!

Dr Saatchin Panda of the Salk Institute advises to think of it as you stomach healing itself.

2 Likes

Oooohhhh I love that thank you…one think for sure my achy knees and hips are gone❤

1 Like

Yep. I know it was gas cause well…natural progression from stomach grumblings to…an end result. Lol.

1 Like

I woke up.nauseus and I feel best lying down is that normal :joy:
I made that b12 electrolyte drink but just before drinking I saw that the b12 had ingredients that could spike insulin…so can’t have it.

Something scary happened yesterday which made me question this journey…I’ve been pretty good about taking electrolytes but yesterday when I stood up I fainted and lucky my head landed on one sneaker and not the side of the iron not the pointed part…I made a huge thunderous noise as I landed…I actually thought I died. I didn’t know where I was and it hurt to move…
Later that evening I was still in shock about it if it really happened but then I am reminded as I’m covered in scrapes and bruises.
I hope that never happens again luckily I was in my bedroom…thank God I wasn’t bleeding with no one around.
So frustrated with the contractors who came and remodeled my apt still dealing with issues with it and I paid them $$$$$
How weird during corona everyday feels like the weekend…sometimes I get so out of breath so easily I feel old but definitely look younger :joy:
Glad to be starting the FEC training today online💕…day 13

2 Likes

I found a drink that supplements all electrolytes that has a safe for insulin sweetener. Initially I thought it was part of my stomach aches so gave it up but after eliminating all the other things I was taking and reintroducing it toward the end of my fast i’m happy to report its fine! And better amounts of electrolytes than magnesium supplements etc. A little of it goes a long way. I use half of the tiny scoop that comes with it as a full scoop is way too sweet & strong for me. Its called vega sports hydrator and uses stevia extract from the leaf…no dextrose, etc. Comes in berry & lemon lime. I like the latter best.

2 Likes

Be careful as you could have a mild concussion, keep checking how you are feeling. Take it easy. God bless.

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:thank you felt dizzy today…again like fainting even with electrolytes, has that ever happened to you?

1 Like

You possibly have a concussion, I knocked my head at home a couple of years ago. A few days after I fainted twice and was taken to the hospital, the doctors confirmed that I had a concussion, you need to take it very easy, do you live with others?

1 Like

I have felt dizzy going deep into a prolonged fast. I just took my time and moved slowly or even lay down for a few minutes more. This only happened during my 1st prolonged fast past 7 days. My next 2 prolonged fasts it didn’t happen as frequently or lasted beyond 1 day.

Since you are setting a new personal record with each day, I think its your body not knowing exactly how to balance your energy needs with going with deep ketosis. For myself, I believe as my body got accustomed to running on ketosis it didn’t have the “adjustment” issues I had on the first prolonged fast.

However, if the condition persists or worsens talk to your doctor.

1 Like

I’m alone during quarantine…I took it verrrry easy today sat or lied down when I needed to

So I guess fainting is a possibility! I’m afraid to go to work as I work on a plane…

Feel better this evening
Thank you for your input and care​:heart::pray: I hate quitting especially since I’m past the first week

2 Likes