I'll just take a seat here for a while

Always take mice studies with a grain of salt due to their faster metabolism rates. For example, a mouse on 3 days of fasting will be dead. I’m not discounting the study entirely. Early studies on fasting were based on studies of male Emperor Penguins who can fast up to 11 months sitting on eggs while the female hunts for food. Mother Nature tends to replicate successful systems. However, view the time frames with a skeptical eye.

4 Likes

Yay!
Officially beginning Day 4!

Oh, so Ive been looking at some photos with people losing like 20 years with autophagy. Holy cow. I want to look 20 years younger.

4 Likes

Good morning good morning good morning!

Middle of the night relief time.

Scale reading 213. Of course that 10 lb loss was water weight and the crap I was full of but I’ll take it. :joy:

It’s going to be a great day to fast but now I need to nap just a tad longer.

2 Likes

Ok! Gonna breeze through today, and got my 3 day reward coming in the mail today! Supplements :blush:

I am wanting to talk myself into exercise today. Maybe a few sit-ups. And leg lifts. Maybe not. :rofl:

Next big goal is 5day Friday. Feeling like I’m running a marathon. It’s good because it’ll make the follow up fasting feel like sprints.

Still studying and wanting to fine tune my after plan. This current plan is just a reset.

1 Like

Starting to feel some clarity!

Took a chicken carcass left over from the neighbor and just roasted and tossed in the Crock-Pot. It’ll be bone broth by tomorrow and planning to strain and freeze for the refeed.

Need neighbor to get more whole chickens to eat. :rofl:

Cooking down in his apartment so I won’t be tempted smelling it tonight.

More evil is still coming out. Wondering how long to clean the pipes. :joy:

1 Like

Looks like there’s no end in sight. :rofl:

Meanwhile, in expectations of the weight loss slowing, looking like I can expect about 8 lbs gone by day 21.

I just got my first 3 days reward and put a scoop of each in my water.

There’s 3,636 serving on the potassium. It ‘expires’ in 2022 so I need to give some away. :joy:

1 Like

Woot!
Day 5 - Five is Alive! (that’s a movie reference for any younguns in here).

And this is very surprising, 208.5! Did nothing different yesterday. And have a constant water in my hands. Was thinking I’d be slowing down by now.

2 Likes

6 hours to go till day 6!
Leaving the bone broth cooking a bit longer. I lifted the lid on it and whoa! The smell is so potent I’m not ready to strain it yet.

Felt like walking today. Feels good to just walk around my building.

Becoming more aware of how big my tummy really got. Thinking about how good it will feel when my shorts are falling off.

No evil evacuation yet today.

Just had the supplements in my water.

Not hungry. Amazed I’m still walking around :rofl:

4 Likes

Good morning fabulous water drinking people!

Today’s weigh in - drumroll- 207.5
Total 15.5 in the 5 completed day total. Holy cow.

I’m on day 6! Woot! I’m on the gravy train now. Keeping eye on the prize. So want to share with people I know that I’m fasting but too many of them will freak on me. And while it’s none of my business what anyone thinks about me it doesn’t feel like the right time to be stirring the pot. Probably moreso for my own sanity. I’ll just have to flaunt the results.

The first time I lost weight back in 2007 was because I was engaged and wanted to get married and be thin in my photos forever. I wasn’t really doing it for me. I got a dress altered and lost so much weight it never would have fit right. The wedding part never happened. We stayed together until 2015. I left him. There was no growth. We started in about 2001 or 2.

Anyhow, it was a lot of years.
Looking back I was constantly waiting for things to happen. It took 2 to agree.

So nice to just be me and answer to me. I sympathize with those doing this who feel resistance from others in their close proximity.

I do want to do more than just succeed with the fast. Need to push myself to get some other chores done today. I’ve babied myself for the start.

Going to do something wonderful fabulous and amazing today. :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Best coffee I have found so far is Camano Island coffee in Washington state. They are online and can ship.

1 Like

Just over a couple hours to day 7!

Got a pit in my stomach I’m fighting atm. Water not helping. Might be lounge on the couch time.

I was a little more active today. Went on a stroll through the Walmart and enjoyed the AC. Bought some supplements on sale in the clearance aisle.

Did an Amazon return.

Finding it hard to swallow water too.

Ok, lounge time!

2 Likes

Good Morning and Happy Fasting at 4am Sunday! LOL, almost like clockwork. Good thing I don’t have a real job atm.

Today is 205.5. That’s 17.5 lbs and day 7 is just beginning. Watching the scale drop is very encouraging for now as I’m not seeing much movement with the stomach and that’s the only area I really want to see.

Ok, time for some water and may lay back down a couple more hours. Too early to be up!

And what’s with these hiccups I keep getting?

Winding down day 7.

Very pleased with my progress.

Pros:

My boobs are now back to sticking out further than my belly :rofl:

Bags under my eyes much less noticible.

Varicose/spider veins on my right leg seem slightly less noticible.

Teeth seem a tad lighter.

Able to button shorts again.

Having vivid dreams.

Saved a ton on groceries.

Dropped some weight

Allergies to pollen seem lessened

Cons:

Got 2 pimples :rofl:

Very bored with the flavor of water

Sleep patterns are changing

Onset of the keto breath

Did I mention bored with the flavor of water?:rofl:

Runny evil poo evacuation seems to have subsided for now.

Just have to focus on those pros!

My big treat is seafood boil after the refeed week. I figure my food budget can buy me and friends some nice lobsters! And there will be a gallon of butter. :smiley:

Going to pretend last week never happened and I’m starting a 14 day Fast. That feels less intimidating.

3.5 hours to go to kick off!

Woohoo!

4 Likes

Day seven head shot for the record.

12 Likes

Good Morning!

An excellent day to be fasting.

Today we begin at 204.5. Just a lb but I’ll take it.

Thats all I got atm.

3 Likes

Good morning!
An awesome day to awake at 4am, weigh in, and go back to sleep :rofl:

20 lbs down. Today is day 9.

3 Likes

Just reduced my end goal to 195 seeing as I’m not even half way. It was at 200 but I’m not even half way done.

Had a bowel movement again. Just amazed about that. Never would have thought in a million years that solids would still be happening.

Took my extra supplements today. Surprisingly feeling quite normal. Like I’ve been eating all along.

No hunger.

I’m curious to see how I feel by day 17/18. It seems a couple of people I’ve read here start to get on edge at that point.

I have these clear stickies, and I decided I’m going to do numbers in reverse on them and stick them over my paper stickies so it’ll be more of a count down as opposed to counting up. Going to start those over the hump which would be Thursday.

My body is finally feeling cooler - which is delightful as it gets very warm here.

Other than the 4am wake up I had a pretty good night sleep.

Found the smoking gets my stomach acids going. Working on cutting back.

Going over to my storage unit for a couple of hours definitely today as I want to go to a flea market tomorrow.

Neighbor said my face is looking much less bloated.

Thursday will be haircut day! YaY!

Had a couple of days of knees cracking - that seems to be over.

Started to think about my decision to do a 21 day and then slapped myself and said don’t think about it just carry on :rofl:

Been coming closer to my follow up plans.

Currently:

1. Finish fast on 6/28 at 8pm. Maybe celebrate with a cup of tea or some bone broth.
  2. Continue refeed for 5 days. Considering allowing a feeding window between 1-7.
  3. Saturday July 4th is seafood boil! Lobsters, clams, shrimp, crab, Cajun keilbasa, corn, potatoes, and cocktails! Still that 1-7 window.
  4. Sunday brunch at 1. Maybe a lobster bene with the left overs. Salad late day before 7.
  5. Fasting Monday and jumping on the Monday Wednesday Friday fast schedule and follow that for 3-4 weeks.
  6. Maybe a 5 day fast after that. Here I’m not as clear yet. Will know the closer I get.

Not set in stone but definitely feels doable after these last 9 successful days

4 Likes

Late to the posting party today.

I went to storage yesterday to put together some shelving, and had to lift and move a lot of things. 3 hours later and I had to wrap it up. I was already feeling it. Holy cow. My thighs, my arms and shoulders, I am definitely swollen. Got a tad dizzy a few times and just wanted to lay down and take a nap there.

Today I’m at 202. I think its because I’m swollen. Either way, doesn’t matter.

No effort from me today. Need to go back over but not right away.

Going to let my lazy fingers order those bag liners for the tub so I can do an epsom salt soak. :joy:

Tomorrow is pamper myself day with a hair cut!

Had an internal battle with myself this morning about going into dirty water fasting during the end - tea and broth. I think that’s my sore muscles talking. I am however over the flavor of plain water and a peppermint tea sounds so delightful! But I want this to be a real reset. Snipping those dirty little thoughts out of my head. :scissors:

5 Likes

Seafood extravaganza! Damn! I’m coming to your house! Enjoy! You deserve it. (love the yellow frames :slight_smile:

1 Like