I need a fasting partner

I want to do rolling 72 hour fasts starting this evening. I have been trying so hard to get back into fasting after doing it successfully for 3 years. I cannot ever even get through day 1 and I have tried over and over again for the last few months. I would appreciate a partner to help me stay on track. I need to do this for my health. Thank you!!

1 Like

Me!

I’m actually in Day 1 of a 5 day until Thursday close, but happy to do this with you for 3 days.

Let’s gooooooo!
-Kristy

Thank you! I have never made it to 5 days but I am going to try rolling 72 hour fasts for a few weeks. I am 35 hours in. I appreciate the support!!

1 Like

Oh this is my first attempt ever at 5 days. The longest I’ve done before is 4 days. I’m probably around 36 hours in myself. I think I last ate around 4 or 5pm Saturday.

How are you feeling?

Personally, I just woke up at 5AM with stomach pain.

Hi Iwkua,

How’s it going?

I’m feeling good this evening! I have not even felt hungry at all today. Hopefully I can extend up through Thursday evening because I feel like I need a “reset”.

1 Like

That’s so great! Keep going if you can (AND YOU CAN!) :slight_smile:

I wish I could also say I’m not hungry, but I am. That said, I’m committed to keep going.
My mood is quite mellow and chill this evening, looking forward to a slightly more active day tomorrow.

We got this!!! Healing our bodies one fast at a time…

Your response is very encouraging. I have a lot of trouble with my stomach and I am always bloated in spite of being careful with foods. I want to fast until the bloat is gone. I had successfully done this before with fasting and AIP foods. I need to lose at least 10-15 pounds (I don’t wear it well) and this is the only way to do it, by getting my body healed and inflammation down. I’m going to keep going and hopefully make it to Thursday. I was doing intermittent fasting for several years and then stress and life took over in 2021 and I got messed up. I don’t feel too hungry but I am wanting to have some coffee with cream. Unfortunately cream is a big offender for me. I know that the best thing is to let my body rest from all foods for a few days. After this I will go to alternate day fasting, every 36-48 hours. Thank you for your encouraging response!

1 Like

How did it go? How do you feel now?

Did you reduce bloat? Reset your gut?

I forgot to check back in. I was successful completing the 5 days and broke my fast Thursday evening around 6:30PM but wish I’d waited until the following morning because eating at night doesn’t bode well for sleep.

I didn’t notice much observable changes. I drank A LOT of water yesterday; was soooo thirsty. I don’t force water much when I’m fasting, but apparently when I break such a longer fast, my body demands water!

I do intend to do a 48 hr fast next week with Mindy Pelz’ group. I like alternate day fasting and also 2 days on/2 days off.

I don’t do well with dairy either, although I like it too much! Hope to give it up in 2023 for good, but it’s so difficult.

I am sorry I didn’t see this post! The last month has been very tough as I had started a new job which has been extremely stressful. I have not been doing a good job with fasting but I feel like things are getting a little better with work and I can now try again. I plan to try to fast through Friday this week.