How should I break my water fast?

hi everyone, i am on the third day of my fast, it is my second attempt, the first time i fasted was for 10 days, but after two weeks i gained all the weight… i think my mistake was breaking the fast in a wrong way, what’s the most correct way to do it? how did you break your fast without regaining the weight? thank you so much!! My weight day 1 was 107.2 kg… my goal Is to lose at least 7 kg!

1 Like

i’m still new at this, but i have heard breaking fast on high fat/moderate protein foods is the way to go. You don’t get all the water back if you lay off carbs, which is what most of the weight gain is. Plus you stay in ketosis following your fast, meaning your body will continue to tap into your fat as an energy source. Eggs, fatty cuts of beef, chicken legs, avocados etc. then a nice side salad with just oil and vinegar. The fat will fill you up, keep your insulin low and also kick hunger cravings haha.

2 Likes

:fire::fire::fire: Totally correct - just need to be careful with protein for first 3-4 days (eggs and meat can be reintroduced on day 3-4 depending on the length of a fast, or else you will spend the rest of your day in the washroom :joy:)

@Lily21 Please check out the “refeed” section of the forum!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Lots of guides there for regular, Keto and vegan refeed!!

2 Likes