How much weight do you lose per day/week? What do you think that amount of weight you lost consists of daily?

Hi, thanks for having this newbie around! I got here from watching Yasmin’s vids on YT. Glad to see an active forum dedicated to fasting!

So, I just learned from Dr. Berg’s (IF and keto expert on YT) new livestream that one can only burn 1-2 lbs of fat per week while doing water fasting. I personally lose 1-2 lbs per day which totals to 5-10 lbs per week.

I’m kind of a dummy so…if a person can only lose 1-2 lbs of fat per week, what else do you lose in those extra lbs if you’re like me? I know you lose a lot of water weight at first, but after you get rid of the extra water and you still lose more than 1-2 lbs per week, what else are you losing in your body that isn’t fat? Could it be muscle? Iirc you don’t lose muscle at all if you do this properly (supplement with electrolytes n everything, which I do).

I haven’t started my long term fast yet (I’m planning to do 30 days or longer); for now I’m warming up by doing OMAD and the thought that I can only really lose 1-2 lbs of fat per week when I start my long term discourages me a lot. What helps me stay positive is that I’m still gonna go down on the scale rapidly—that I know as I’ve experienced going on long term/prolonged fasts a long time ago (tho I haven’t done that much research that time).

I hope you guys here can tell me what you know and what you think. Maybe you can also tell me where or who else I can go to for advice. Thanks!!

I find i loose very quickly for the first two weeks 0.5-1kg a day then it doesn’t change at all or by more than 1-2lbs in week three and week 4.
I usually loose about 7-10kg in 14-21days depending how active I am.
I lost 10.8kg on a 31day fast
But I also lost 10kg after a 6day, one meal and a 13day fast… So make of that what you will.
Averages roughly 0.5-1lb a day
I’m expecting to loose somewhere around 12-14kg on a 40
Although I’ve heard of people loosing upto 18

Dont expect to keep all this off you will gain back upto 6kg of water weight and rebalance.

Jason Fung suggests about .5 lb/day on a water fast. That makes sense to me and is roughly what I’ve experienced.

Hi thanks for ur reply! Are u talking just fat weight or overall weight? Do you exercise also?

.5 lbs/day of overall weight or fat weight? Thanks!

I don’t pay much attention to what my scales say is fat weight or weight… I can only know what I loose each day and then average it out over the whole fast.
But like I explained you loose the most in the first two weeks then the body is basically healing and doing other stuff other than loosing weight.
For the most effective weight loss from what I’ve read and watched your looking at 10day fasting in cycles with refeeds in between or 5:2.

I try to be as active as I can be… I have chronic fatigue most of the time but during fasting I have more energy… So I do as much as I can… Walk regularly… Yoga… Gardening… Body weight exercises… Nothing too taxing

You should expect the .5/lbs a day to be fat - eg. if you fast for 10 days, you’ll lose maybe 8 lbs but 3 will come back as water/weight of food in gut when yoy refeed.

Each person is different. Our metabolism varies wildly, so a male that has tons of muscle will burn way more fat than a sedentary female, for example. Both fat and muscles burn an ‘x’ amount of calories. Fat burns less calories compared to muscles. So the easiest way to ramp up your metabolism is to lose all the fat via fasting and build muscles in the gym, and of course eat OMAD plus occasionally fast for 2-3 days.

Also, don’t worry too much about what the scale says. Women tend to hold more water than men.

You mentioned that you’re a newbie, so I advise you to check out Snake Diet on YouTube. That dude knows a lot of stuff and he knows what he’s talking about. Don’t mind the yelling and cursing though, it’s part of the character.

Cheers!